PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Foxboro cops: Pats' Chandler Jones sought medical help early Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the facts as we know them:
He went to the police confused. No laws were broken.

Honest question: how do we know no laws were broken? He may not have been arrested or even charged with anything but that doesn't necessarily mean no laws were broken.

My money is on sleeping pills or prescription pain meds, but I was wondering if I missed a report somewhere in all this that led you to claim the above.

Walks zombie like in the middle of the night into the police station and this tweet about sleeping pills. That's the most logical and simplest thing to have taken place. Now if the nfl used that same logic deflategate would have been a nonissue, but since they are idiots they will say some aliens injected chandler with some super duper peds that made him sleepwalk in his shorts and is immune to the cold weather thus giving him an advantage this Saturday. He will probably be suspended for life and we will lose another 1st rounder.

Has this story surpassed the golden child's HGH scandal yet?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

and the Ambien angle would explain why the police were "evasive" in what they released....they cannot violate HIPPA.....they don't really have to worry about it with a day to day incident, because no one usually checks their records.....

but, the media will continue to spin this even AFTER an explanation is given.....and they'll ignore the real Peyton scandal

different day, same NFL

Honest question: how do we know no laws were broken? He may not have been arrested or even charged with anything but that doesn't necessarily mean no laws were broken.

My money is on sleeping pills or prescription pain meds, but I was wondering if I missed a report somewhere in all this that led you to claim the above.
Well if you are going to think like that, and PRESUME laws were broke, even though no evidence points to that whatsoever, why don't we start speculating about domestic violence, or child molestation. Those are all possibilities, right? He can prove he DIDN'T do any of those things right this moment (can you?). So it is eminently fair that I have the right to opine that he "could" have been doing those things (especially if I have a radio show) and it led to the end result.

Am I being sarcastic enough to make my point, or do I have to go BEYOND ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Well if you are going to think like that, and PRESUME laws were broke, even though no evidence points to that whatsoever, why don't we start speculating about domestic violence, or child molestation. Those are all possibilities, right? He can prove he DIDN'T do any of those things right this moment (can you?). So it is eminently fair that I have the right to opine that he "could" have been doing those things (especially if I have a radio show) and it led to the end result.

Am I being sarcastic enough to make my point, or do I have to go BEYOND ridiculous. :rolleyes:
Child, relax. I'm not presuming anything. I'm not even disagreeing with anything you said. You gave a list of "facts" you claim we "knew." It turns out your list was informed speculation. That's all I was trying to clarify.

If it was a criminal allegation Foxboro Police would be obligated their involvement, if it was medical there are HIPAA laws to consider..

As they have been silent it almost definitely has to be the latter..

HIPAA violations can be expensive..

Gronk being present at practice today is a bit of a relief. Probably shouldn't have been worried since he wasn't even in state at the time, but we've seen enough things that seemed like nonissues blow up into scandals that I was more nervous than I should've been.

now, if this IS the case.....i would expect one of two things:

jones/patriots to come out and say - "it was an issue with a prescribed medication.....chandler is ok, we're respecting his privacy, we're preparing for saturday"

or

"i am prescribed a sleeping medication. it is tough for me to sleep with the schedule we keep, on the road, etc. i had an incident saturday in connection with that prescription, after taking the prescribed dosage. thank you to the foxboro polics and rescue, they handled this professionally and helped me out. i'm ok, we're moving on and preparing for saturday"

hopefully this happens today, so they can put this to bed....

and the Ambien angle would explain why the police were "evasive" in what they released....they cannot violate HIPPA

The cops are not subject to HIPPA. Neither is the team (except to the extent that the team acts as a health care provider), though the CBA may well have some contractual provision that prevents teams from releasing medical info. Most of the "oh, so-and-so can't violate HIPPA" stuff people say is complete myth.

Here's who's subject to HIPPA:
Covered Entities and Business Associates

I'm placing my eggs in the 'media-control' basket.......create a story in order to keep the fools talking away from other things

Not saying the guy is legit or not, but it's not some kind of rocket science to get sources. You don't need to know any secret handshake. Talk to the janitor...the janitor introduces you to the concessions manager...you get invited to card night with a few Gillette employees...keep meeting more people, work your way up the ladder. If that's what you want to do, it can be done.

Sure, if you have ESPN or Boston Globe next to your name you get to skip a lot of that crap, but if you really do have connections in the organization you probably get less filtered info than the big name guys.

My sources tell me Chandler Jones had a very bad cheeseburger Sunday morning.

See how easy the "sources" game is?

Read Doug Moore's own Twitter bio again. What there gives you any reason to read this guy and his unnamed "sources"?

When will it dawn on some people that Doug Moore = Erika Leigh?

Last edited:
Based on what I have seen watching NFL network,Twitter and some sports center this isn't even going to be a national story anymore it is has died down for the time. Only people talking about for more than 30 seconds are this forum and some local Pats writers.

Police Chief Magazine - View Article

they can only release protected health information IF it meets specific criteria

That link talks about the HIPPA exceptions that allow covered entities to release information to the police -- i.e. it tells police they can ask all they want, but only in certain cases can covered entities answer them w/o consent of the person involved.

It also says that a disclosure by the covered entity under one of the exceptions should not be interpreted as a an authorization for the police to further disclose the information.

That is completely separate and different from the police finding out medical info on their own. If the cops on their own see someone with medical condition X they are free to tell anyone they want whenever they want that the person has medical condition X unless some state medical privacy law says otherwise.

TL;DR
* If cops get medical info from a HIPPA Covered Entity they are not authorized to release it beyond what is needed for investigatory or courtroom purposes.
*If cops get medical info from someone not covered by HIPPA (including their own independent work) they can do what they want with it subject to state medical privacy laws.

Based on what I have seen watching NFL network,Twitter and some sports center this isn't even going to be a national story anymore it is has died down for the time. Only people talking about for more than 30 seconds are this forum and some local Pats writers.

BUT WHAT IF EDELMAN DOESN'T PLAY???!!!

Sources tell me Chandler jones fiances cousins boyfriend is missing and the police only want to question Chandler as a witness not a person of interest AT THIS TIME.

See how easy it is show of hands how many people are having Hernandez flashbacks now?

BUT WHAT IF EDELMAN DOESN'T PLAY???!!!

Then we can blame Jones for the distraction because we know if this doesn't happen with Jones, Edelman would be ready to play. But he might be to distraught to play.

Heard this straight from my friend who is friends with Jones 5th cousin 2nd removed.

how do we know you're not breaking laws right now

how do we know we're not dreaming right now, and chandler jones was the only one who was awake

how do we know anything mannn

how do we know you're not breaking laws right now

how do we know we're not dreaming right now, and chandler jones was the only one who was awake

how do we know anything mannn

I don't think @XLIX is claiming that laws were broken. He's just pointing out that claiming definitively that laws weren't broken is premature based on how little we know. We don't know either way. We can reasonably speculate that he either didn't break the law or, if he did, there isn't enough to charge him with anything. But again, it's too early to throw definitive claims around either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back