PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Pats QB Matt Cassel signs deal with Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for him. There is a good chance he is better than Ponder and neither have proven good enough that they shouldn't be competing for starter. I think Ponder will likely and justifiably being there already should be the front runner and maybe even his position to lose.

As someone who's NFC team is the Vikings... I'm thrilled with this news. Yeah I would have liked to have seen him return to our Pats but I feel he's an automatic upgrade over Ponder (and certainly over Webb).

BTW, according to spotrac.com, Cassel got $4M from the Vikings. :eek:

BTW, according to spotrac.com, Cassel got $4M from the Vikings. :eek:
$4MM? No wonder he jumped at this. He gets a legitimate chance to start. He gets a job early in FA....plus $4MM. Life is good for Matt Cassel, who was never as bad in KC as it seemed. He had 2 decent years there before it all fell apart.

As much as I would have liked to have seen him come back after a productive Mallett trade, nice to see him still with an NFL job.

Cassel did well in 08 filling in for TB. 11-5 is a good record.

Cassel did well in 08 filling in for TB. 11-5 is a good record.

He's played well in KC when he had help around him too, but he's also been very inconsistent.

He'll still push Ponder for a chance to start, and he could have a pretty decent year if they can land Jennings (wining and dining him atm) and they're in a good position to draft Tavon Austin in April, AP is still AP. Minnesota has a real shot in that division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back