PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Colt DL Steve Emtman and the Patriots reach agreement on a one-year deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boston Patriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I picked this up on another board but I can't verify it.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Former Colt DL Steve Emtman and the Patriots reach agreement on a one-year deal.

I picked this up on another board but I can't verify it.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Former Colt DL Steve Emtman and the Patriots reach agreement on a one-year deal.

Emtman has to be in his forties by now so I would assume it was a joke by a fan of an opposing team, in reference to the Patriots' signing of veteran players such as Shaun Ellis, Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth.

P.S. - It would be most helpful if you could post a link to comments such as the one above so we could take a look at the original statement in it's entirety; it's difficult to form an opinion without that.

Last edited:
Emtman retired 14 years ago.

Classic!

+10

That's pretty good.

It would be most helpful if you could post a link to comments such as the one above so we could take a look at the original statement in it's entirety; it's difficult to form an opinion without that.
I think it was intended to be funny or something. Hard to tell.

Dunno how this ISN'T a five star thread.

I wonder if Lawrence Taylor is available...

LOL! I heard we're also bringing in Bruce Smith as a situational rusher!

If the guy has been retired for 14 years, it shouldn't be that hard to tell

If the guy has been retired for 14 years, it shouldn't be that hard to tell

Considering some of the comments and opinions voiced here I guess I sometimes find it difficult to tell when somebody is serious and when somebody is making a joke. I've had more than one occasion when I thought there was no doubt whatsoever that somebody was joking because the opinion was so preposterous, and then it turns out they were dead serious.

Emtman seemed like such a random ex-player to use I thought his question was sincere; it's not as if most fans know much about him. Plus, I can understand a fan of another team starting the thread on an opposing fan site; why would a Pats fan do that here? Implicit disapproval of the team's off-season moves?

BREAKING NEWS!

We have released Brady and feel in the best interest of the organization the Patriot's have signed Favre to a five year deal~

:eek:

Considering some of the comments and opinions voiced here I guess I sometimes find it difficult to tell when somebody is serious and when somebody is making a joke. I've had more than one occasion when I thought there was no doubt whatsoever that somebody was joking because the opinion was so preposterous, and then it turns out they were dead serious.

Emtman seemed like such a random ex-player to use I thought his question was sincere; it's not as if most fans know much about him. Plus, I can understand a fan of another team starting the thread on an opposing fan site; why would a Pats fan do that here? Implicit disapproval of the team's off-season moves?

Hi JMT always assume I am joking... I love to make folks smile! I added my info on RollCall sir...

pleasure to make you acquaintance

Patriots sign Reggie White!!!!

Oh, wait.....

Emtman signed by the Pats......?

I don't like this move....but who am I to question BB. :D

Patriots sign.......Forrest Gump for wide receiver corps.....Details ....revolve around a box of chocolates...more details...on Monday:bricks:

I'm sick of this silly thread already and I just opened it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back