PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forbath waived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worth it?

He would be an upgrade to Folk and Forbath for sure. He's been really good this year with the exception of the missed FG against Seattle...I would sign definitely sign him if I were Bill, but what do I know?

He would be an upgrade to Folk and Forbath for sure. He's been really good this year with the exception of the missed FG against Seattle...I would sign definitely sign him if I were Bill, but what do I know?

Folk is a known commodity with little variance. For the most part you know what you get with him. Kinda consistent under 40 yards, beyond it becomes a bit of a lottery.

McLaughlin is a completely unknown commodity with only a couple games played. There is no evidence he'd be an upgrade on anyone based on that sample size. He is the high variance choice that could be better but also a lot worse.

I am not sure I want to go with a high variance player into the playoffs. I'd rather know what I have and play around it.

I'd love to get him as an offseason signing into camp where you can really figure out how reliable he is while also evaluating how Ghost is doing coming back. That's where the high variance choice is perfect.

Just my two cents.

Colts get chase mclaughlin

Folk is a known commodity with little variance. For the most part you know what you get with him. Kinda consistent under 40 yards, beyond it becomes a bit of a lottery.

McLaughlin is a completely unknown commodity with only a couple games played. There is no evidence he'd be an upgrade on anyone based on that sample size. He is the high variance choice that could be better but also a lot worse.

I am not sure I want to go with a high variance player into the playoffs. I'd rather know what I have and play around it.

I'd love to get him as an offseason signing into camp where you can really figure out how reliable he is while also evaluating how Ghost is doing coming back. That's where the high variance choice is perfect.

Just my two cents.

I definitely see the logic here, but I think a solid case could be made that high variance is our only hope right now.

Oh man if Adam returned

Other shoe dropping with Chase being claimed is the great Matt Lengelkowski was waived.
Sign the Beast !

Last edited:
I'd take Lengel back at this point. :confused::eek:

Matt Lengel, a name from the past. He was a decent blocker and actually caught his first TD pass from TB. I would sign him and maybe IR Izzo. At least he might have a passing knowledge of the Pats' offense. As for PK, it looks like Folk.

Matt Lengel, a name from the past. He was a decent blocker and actually caught his first TD pass from TB. I would sign him and maybe IR Izzo. At least he might have a passing knowledge of the Pats' offense. As for PK, it looks like Folk.
No longer has a locker

I heard we did put in a claim for Chase McLaughlin. Damn the Colts.

“We don’t need no stinkin’ Kickers!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes