PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forbath waived

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats were going for two points and waited until they got a delay of game penalty. Decided to take the penalty adding 5 yards to the kick, which went wide. This is something the team wearing green uniforms would do.

Come on man. It's not like they put him into 45 yard situation. Haha

That "ForBath hits the showers early" joke was lame.

The correct answer is Kai Whorebath

Will he get a SB ring?

Come on man. It's not like they put him into 45 yard situation. Haha
If Gostkowski was given 5 extra yards and missed the kick this board would be enraged. Yes, he should have made it. Although, why the penalty?

I’m guessing Folk comes back, just waiting for another shoe to drop. Maybe Cowart is going to IR and they needed to make the waiver claim on the new beefer before that would process. Waive Forbath, claim Huggins, IR Cowart, re-sign Folk.
I expect it takes more than a week before you can start kicking in the NFL after abdominal surgery.

Folk's appendix could've kicked better..

I expect it takes more than a week before you can start kicking in the NFL after abdominal surgery.
I’m surprised you can return at all during the season as somebody who has had this surgery. Apparently there’s not much injury risk if you feel well enough to exercise.

Honestly just have Edelman kick FGs.

He has played pretty much every other position.

I’m surprised you can return at all during the season as somebody who has had this surgery. Apparently there’s not much injury risk if you feel well enough to exercise.
Depends if open or laparoscopic

That’s an astute observation on Cowart. And, to me, it’s either Folk is healthy or BB has seen enough of the fa kicking market and said “bleep it, Bailey can’t be any worse than the bodies we’ve shuffled through lately.”

It’s not about Bailey being any worse, you can’t have just one kicker active on game day due to potential for injury

Depends if open or laparoscopic
As a physician, do you feel as though it’s reasonable to expect Folk to return in a few weeks? The surgery was not an open one, but it still seems like a bit of a stretch to me to think that he’ll be able to kick soon without issue. What is your estimation? There’s no way he’ll be able to kick this week, right?

There has been considerable gnashing of the teeth and whining over Gostowski over the past several years.. guess we all miss him now. There are not a lot of good kickers out there..

Our offense would be considerably better if there was the threat of a field goal, that part of the game has turned into an adventure the past few weeks..

If Gostkowski was given 5 extra yards and missed the kick this board would be enraged. Yes, he should have made it. Although, why the penalty?

BB said something to the effect of they wanted to go for two but prior to the snap Brady didn't like the look and took a delay of game to preserve the timeout.

If Forbath can't handle that situation then you probably don't want him kicking during a playoff game.

What's the record for the most waived kickers by one team in one season?
I don’t know, but Ventrone is probably polishing his kicking shoe as we speak, with a packed bag sitting by the door.

There has been considerable gnashing of the teeth and whining over Gostowski over the past several years.. guess we all miss him now. There are not a lot of good kickers out there..

Our offense would be considerably better if there was the threat of a field goal, that part of the game has turned into an adventure the past few weeks..
I’m no scouting expert, but I’ve noticed the fact that there seem to be a few quality NFL ready kickers ready to be taken in the draft. I think spending another 4th round pick is something that they should consider.

The kid from Auburn and the kid from Georgia look ready to step in right now. What do you think @BaconGrundleCandy ?

Bye Kai !

Will he get a SB ring?

At this point, should we win, we're going to need a second ceremony just for all the guys getting rings who aren't on the team anymore.

Folk expected to sign today. Will require a roster move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes