PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For those who trashed the defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the people who trashed the entire team all year. I really hope this is a reminder that it doesn't matter how they're playing in September or even December for that matter. What matters is the fact this team always keeps grinding and finds a way to figure it out. I'm cool with people being frustrated, but saying they suck and aren't going anywhere before January even gets here is ridiculous. If this season didn't prove that, nothing will. Try and enjoy the ride - who knows how much longer this is going to last. :cool:

Last edited:
lol, we won the SB so the D was really good at the beginning of the year? WE JUST WON THE SB. The first thing you can think of was to post some BS to make yourself look better? I never complained about the D in the forum but THE D WAS NOT GOOOD at the beginning.

Last edited:
but THE D WAS NOT GOOOD at the beginning.
And you're right - they weren't. But I'm talking more about the people who weren't willing to at least give them the benefit of the doubt or the opportunity to figure it out. No one cares about the regular season performances. While they count in terms of playoff seeding, it doesn't matter if they play great all year and suck in the postseason. Clearly, as we learned, they can be inconsistent and even terrible at times during the regular season as long as they're great in January (and February). It was the people who spent the year saying they had no shot who were a little frustrating. But let this be a lesson to at least ride it out, no matter how bad things look. You clearly never know how it might turn out :D

They were mediocre in the regular season and historically nails in the postseason. Kind of like the 2006 Colts.

Its always the same people, they show up every week in the game day post. All week long they talk up the team but on game day they have Nothing good to say. Its the defense sucks, brady sucks, mcdaniels sucks. Its disgusting.

I've actually thought about ignoring them and I've never used the ignore function. It gets so bad in there. We never trailed once in the game and defense was crazy out of their minds. Yes offense left points on the field but credit is due to Wade's defense. Somehow it's never the other team is playing well it's McDaniels sucks, team sucks, why did we trade Jimmy (Seriously there was a post *****ing about how bad Brady was playing and that we traded JimmyG for 'nothing)

I admit to trashing the D all year...the front 7 in particular.

They pulled it together....it's pretty amazing.

Now I am hoping that Flores comes to his senses, LOL.

One thing different from last year was the secondary played well nearly all year. Hightower played better in the second half of the year. Got a better pass rush this year, especially in the second half of the year. But the secondary was so much better. We were able to get off the field on 3rd down much of the year.

I've actually thought about ignoring them and I've never used the ignore function. It gets so bad in there. We never trailed once in the game and defense was crazy out of their minds. Yes offense left points on the field but credit is due to Wade's defense. Somehow it's never the other team is playing well it's McDaniels sucks, team sucks, why did we trade Jimmy (Seriously there was a post *****ing about how bad Brady was playing and that we traded JimmyG for 'nothing)
Brady wasnt playing badly imo. The other team plays too.

Or the people who trashed the entire team all year. I really hope this is a reminder that it doesn't matter how they're playing in September or even December for that matter. What matters is the fact this team always keeps grinding and finds a way to figure it out. I'm cool with people being frustrated, but saying they suck and aren't going anywhere before January even gets here is ridiculous. If this season didn't prove that, nothing will. Try and enjoy the ride - who knows how much longer this is going to last. :cool:

This team, like no other, is a work in progress and always seems to be coming into focus as the year goes on. The only time they don't do that is when injuries occur. Even then they can still win

Our defense had ups and downs all season, but this playoff they got it together and helped us win a championship.
3 in 5!

And you're right - they weren't. But I'm talking more about the people who weren't willing to at least give them the benefit of the doubt or the opportunity to figure it out. No one cares about the regular season performances. While they count in terms of playoff seeding, it doesn't matter if they play great all year and suck in the postseason. Clearly, as we learned, they can be inconsistent and even terrible at times during the regular season as long as they're great in January (and February). It was the people who spent the year saying they had no shot who were a little frustrating. But let this be a lesson to at least ride it out, no matter how bad things look. You clearly never know how it might turn out :D
I will never be down on this team, not with TB12 as the QB.

Reactions: Ian
latest

Oh, that? I was way off.

I spent all year being pissed at the defense. Guilty as charged.

Then they put on the best defensive performance in Super Bowl history against a team that scored 527 beeping points in the regular season. As the kids say these days, LMAO

• Ha Ha
I’ll eat some crow regarding Hightower. I thought after the lions game that all the injuries had caught up to him. He proved me wrong, he was incredible down the stretch.

I think it's more a case of giving credit where credit is due. The DL and the OL were awful for a large portion of the season. By the end and especially the playoffs they were off the charts terrific. In the case of the OL it was getting all the pieces healthy at one time. I thought going into the game the one thing that could destroy this SB for them was an OL injury. For the DL credit the coaches for coaching them up and the players for doing their jobs. Danny Shelton was a healthy scratch and game up huge. Brown solid. Guy a beast. Terrific performance.

When people were critical of the secondary I never got it. That unit has been sensational all year long. Top to bottom perhaps the best of the dynasty.

I was going to post something, but then read everybody elses posts.

Lions, Jaguars, Titans, Dolphins...enough said.

They were awesome down the stretch and it was fantastic to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe