PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the first time in Patriots history: no printed tickets

Points 2 and 3 make the most sense, especially 2. Right now the team links directly to Ticketmaster for resale, or you can transfer tickets via e-mail to someone. I'm wondering what this does to ticket brokers in general like Stubhub, etc.
StubHub may not be the "official" reseller of the NFL, but they are still working with the League in that you can use StubHub by typing in your e-ticket's barcode and sell it thusly. That barcode gets officially verified so you can't, like, just type in 12 random numbers as your bar code.

Sorry, youngster. I will step aside so you can carry on with your virtual, ephemeral digital life that one day will vanish unnoticed into the ethers like a fart in a hurricane. :cool:
Hey, one day it'll be as if none of us ever existed regardless of paper/digital breakdown.

The Jaguars have been doing this as far back as 2018 when I went to see the Pats play them. It actually helped the line move a lot more quickly. Most people have iPhones and it’s pretty easy to transfer your tickets into the wallet app. I agree with the keepsake thing, though. Especially if you’re into collecting that sort of thing, that would definitely be a downside.
its being done all over and not a big deal. Most people just like to complain about everything that is "new". Its been around for years in the airline industry and also sporting events. However, I do agree that there should be a way for at least season ticket holders to be sent an actual ticket (no bar code) for a keepsake

In all fairness to the Patriots, they were one of the very last holdouts in the League to keep using paper tickets.... I think e-tickets are now League policy.... plus I assume that, like last year, even though we aren't getting tickets we will still get some sort of goodie box in July/August......

When you have a SB appearance every third year, you create a lot of keepsakes. Most NFL teams don't have much of a reason to honor the keepsake market for their fans.

Blade Runner Film GIF

This is a ****ing stupid idea. I'm no longer a STH, but I was from 93 through 2012 or 2013. I always kept my ticket stubs. When my middle brother got married and I was best man, FCB having a bit of an artistic bent, I made him a big collage of ticket stubs from our family's time as STH. I sealed it with mod podge, matted it, and framed it....it came out incredible and it's really a one of a kind item. That was one of my gifts to him as best man.
A lot of people really like to keep their ticket stubs....

Not happy. I have a ticket from Gillette's ooening night 2002 1st banner raising against the Steelers. I have a ticket from Brady's 1st start in 2001. O have "we're on to Cincinnati" game ticket. All the AFC championship home game tickets. Would have like Mac Jones 1st game.

give them a half a season... you will be able to buy your souvenir electronic ticket NFT for the low price of $49.99 + tax and shipping ofc

I have never owned a cell phone in my life, I have a work phone that will go into the microwave and be given back to the govt upon my retirement in a few months.

I have no plans on getting a new one. Really why? I will be with my wife pretty much all the time except when I don’t want to be reached (golf course, bar, etc.).

maybe it’s because I lived the first 30 years of my life before the cell phone was invented, but they, like social media are nothing but trouble.

why would you want to give away all your thoughts, purchases, and location?

So I guess im
Not going to any games.

I have never owned a cell phone in my life, I have a work phone that will go into the microwave and be given back to the govt upon my retirement in a few months.

I have no plans on getting a new one. Really why? I will be with my wife pretty much all the time except when I don’t want to be reached (golf course, bar, etc.).

maybe it’s because I lived the first 30 years of my life before the cell phone was invented, but they, like social media are nothing but trouble.

why would you want to give away all your thoughts, purchases, and location?

So I guess im
Not going to any games.
Worth having one just for emergencies.

To double down I was just there for a soccer game and the devices they use suck. Better get better.

Ignoring the fact that the virus doesn't spread that way, the real reasons are so that:

1) The team knows who is doing what with their tickets (STHers who resell too much might lose their seats)
2) The team gets a cut of any online resale
3) It's cheaper

I do not know the Patriots policy, but other teams provide the option of going to the ticket office, giving your information, and getting a hard copy of your ticket... but it is just a generic Ticketmaster type ticket, nothing special...
I think the opposite on #1
The more people that sell on Ticketmaster they get their cut
With the new system they are almost forcing you to sell through Ticketmaster so they make a double profit. The initial cost of the seat and the cut from the resale.
I’m not sure how you could transfer to a different venue other than Ticketmaster. Transferring to a friend is probably standard but to Seat Geek etc probably cannot be done
All about money

Soon, modern life will be just one sunburst-generated electromagnetic pulse away from oblivion.

"If I gave you an axe and sent you into the forest, how long would it be before you could send me an email?" - Joe Rogan

Don't worry, I've asked myself this question a zillion times and have thought about it deeply... and i feel ashamed lol

I'm not a season ticket holder unfortunately, so i will check my privilege...

but I'm sad for those who are, they should at least send out a keepsake type ticket to all season ticket holders or something... even a "Thanks for surviving covid, keeping your tickets and being a fan!" ticket

Kraft will make this right I hope

more social justice moron sub-mongoloidism being dumped on our heads like we're a bunch of baaing sheep in corrals waiting to be sheared...what's next...virtual 20 dollar bowls of craptastic "chowda"? 7 ounce bottles of Piss Light for 10 bucks? Oh look...an all female ref crew!!!! Gaa Gaa Goony!!! Gaa Gaa Goony!!!

"If I gave you an axe and sent you into the forest, how long would it be before you could send me an email?" - Joe Rogan

Don't worry, I've asked myself this question a zillion times and have thought about it deeply... and i feel ashamed lol

What did the ax murderer say to the judge?

"It was an ax-cident"

more social justice moron sub-mongoloidism being dumped on our heads like we're a bunch of baaing sheep in corrals waiting to be sheared...what's next...virtual 20 dollar bowls of craptastic "chowda"? 7 ounce bottles of Piss Light for 10 bucks? Oh look...an all female ref crew!!!! Gaa Gaa Goony!!! Gaa Gaa Goony!!!

What's wrong with the crew?

2633721.main_image.jpg

Due time to get on board walking around staring at your phone.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back