PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For fans not from NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Hey guys

The Pats have a lot of fans who don't, or have never lived, in the NE region. I'm one of them. I grew up in Saskatchewan, Canada then moved to Iowa as a teenager where I went to high school and college, and I now live in South Carolina. I'm a huge Patriots fan.

My story begins at a sporting goods store, I spotted a New England Patriots t-shirt, this was about 1995. I just thought the name and colors were so cool, it's like it called out to me. This was going to be my favorite team.

I started to watch Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Ben Coates and co. and I owned NFL Quarterback Club '96 for the PC, so I tried to be the Pats whenever I could. But I became a huge fan during the 2001 season. I saw the beginnings of the run with Tom Brady at the helm and I was just hooked for life. I've never been to Massachusetts or any of the New England states, nor am I related to anyone from there, but I feel as part of this team as the fans who've grown up right next door to them. I'd love to go to a game someday and watch and cheer the greatest NFL team in the world with the rest of my fellow Pats fans!

So tell me, if you're a Pats fan not from NE, what's your story? How did you become a fan?

Hey guys

The Pats have a lot of fans who don't, or have never lived, in the NE region. I'm one of them. I grew up in Saskatchewan, Canada then moved to Iowa as a teenager where I went to high school and college, and I now live in South Carolina. I'm a huge Patriots fan.

My story begins at a sporting goods store, I spotted a New England Patriots t-shirt, this was about 1995. I just thought the name and colors were so cool, it's like it called out to me. This was going to be my favorite team.

I started to watch Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Ben Coates and co. and I owned NFL Quarterback Club '96 for the PC, so I tried to be the Pats whenever I could. But I became a huge fan during the 2001 season. I saw the beginnings of the run with Tom Brady at the helm and I was just hooked for life. I've never been to Massachusetts or any of the New England states, nor am I related to anyone from there, but I feel as part of this team as the fans who've grown up right next door to them. I'd love to go to a game someday and watch and cheer the greatest NFL team in the world with the rest of my fellow Pats fans!

So tell me, if you're a Pats fan not from NE, what's your story? How did you become a fan?
Nice story and it's good to have fans outside NE. Hope you get a chance to visit us soon. But, I wouldn't recommend tomorrow...

Born in New England to two Boston sports fans, whose own parents were the same. Been following the Pats and the other Boston team since the late '60s.

Sorry, I just realized you said, for people who are not from New England, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it anyway.

Transplanted... Born in CT, lived in RI for a few years, before my pop moved out to NY. My folks were from ME and we used to go back up to ME about 8-10 times a year and spent A good part of the summer there in the 70's. My grandfather (RIP) was a rabid Sox, Bruins, Celts and Pats fan. Would always have the games on, either the radio or TV. My pop and all his brothers were the same way, but back in those days, outside of NE you really couldn't get those games, but I cherished those times. Initially, they were my favorite teams, because they were my grandfather's, my pop and my uncle's teams. As I got older, my love became independent of theirs of course.

Fast forward to the 80's when I got a bit older (was still living in NY), and the Cable sports opened up the NE markets so started being able to follow the teams more. This was during the Celts and Bruins heyday, but still Football, as a sport was my favorite to watch. Wasn't much to cheer about, but I still loved my pats... My grandfather passed away in 1995 and never got to see the current run, but as much as he called the Pats "a bunch of bums", he truly loved them just the same.

I began to follow the team on a more hardcore level once Drew and Parcels (BB) came on board. The rest as they say is history. I've since moved on from NY, and lived for a time in Albuquerque, NM, before moving to Austin about 2 years ago. I have not missed a single game since 2003-04 thanks to the more open access through the web and cable. I "try" to make it up to Foxboro for 1 game a year, but it's gets harder and harder the farther I am away. Joined Patsfans on 1/1/07 as a way to stay more closer to the team.

I may not live there NE area, but I consider myself a very devoted fan. And yup... with every title we win, I still shed a tear or two for my grandfather. He would ave loved these "bunch of bums".

Born and raised in Virginia to parents from CT. My father was a die hard Pats fan, and I remember how excited he was when the Pats made the Super Bowl in 1986. I followed them as much as I could from Virginia, which wasn't easy until Bledsoe came along and made the Pats respectable enough to cover nationally.

I'd say I became more seriously devoted after moving on from baseball in 1994 and to Canada in 1997, being able to see the Pats every Sunday from the Boston stations. That made it much easier to follow the goings-on surrounding the team.

I never thought I'd see this day. I remember how terrible those Pats teams were in the early 90s Madden games...just crazy...

Love to see all the Connecticut people, nutmeg state representing.

Grew up in the piney woods of East Texas - lived in the Dallas area for last 35 years. Grew up a Cowboys fan of course, and say I frequently ranted just got tired of the last 20 years of Jerry Jones getting suckers to sell out games while having nothing to show for. Last straw was online blind homers somehow think Jerrah has made football accomplishments, self-righteous Hatriots that were OK with Greg Hardy. :rolleyes: No amount of pointing out the Pats are far more like the Landry ear Cowboys than the current circus would work on these idiots. I understand losing, but not stoopid.

Do remember the 1976 season and can't forget the hit on Darryl Stingley. Ten years ago, I had a pet site at the urging of someone from the Boston area who was into the Pats and Red Sox...that's how I got the gif in my sig.

P.S. Occasionally I'll see a car with the plate: Fairbanks Chevy. ;)

Hey guys

Hey I'm from Saskatchewan as well! Where are you from?

Only ever lived in Montana, raised a Vikings fan but never really loved the team. I did love Randy Moss though so when he went to the Pats that made it easy. Also hate the seahawks, packers, broncos so nothing really close.

Didn't start following football closely until the 2007 season when I was 18. By closely I mean every snap of every game. Although I do have a SB sweatshirt from '04. So really I guess they were the most enjoyable team for me to watch when I really started following the sport. Been here ever since

From Kentucky. Born and raised. I've told this long story several times so just going to tell the short story. My dad is a Redskins fan and hates the AFC. Its really weird but he will root against the AFC in any game where they are playing an NFC team. I honestly dont get it. Anyway, I was 13 and decided to watch SB 36 with my dad. First game I ever watched and he was rooting for the Rams and saying how they would win. So because I was a teenager and a contrarian I started saying the Rams would lose and started cheering the other team. Never heard of the Patriots in my life. He bet me money that the Rams would win so I took it and really started cheering the other team on. Had no idea what I was watching and really didnt understand anything that was going on. When the Patriots won and I got some cash they became my team. Been with them ever since.

Just really sucks I have missed opportunities to see the team play. Missed them in Indy and in Cinci. Not sure they will be back in Brady's tenure. I think the rotation for both teams has gone back to NE for the next several years.

NFL was never a big sport in New Zealand but around mid 80's they start showing one game a week late at night. I was about 10 at the time and I watched a game. I picked the team I liked the color of, it was the Pats. Followed them ever since.

Was a good choice.

So glad the game that the wasn't between the Browns and Bengals.

It's funny too, since I'm originally Canadian all my sports teams make no geographical sense, the Canucks in the NHL (don't hold it against me Bruins fans haha), the Blue Jays for MLB and the Raptors in the NBA. Since there are no NFL teams in Canada everyone just picks who they like best. So you'll have fans of tons of different teams all over the country. I'm glad to say I made the best choice picking the Pats!

Born and raised in NW Washington, Seahawks territory. Grew up in a household full of aunts and uncles that were/are Hawks fans. At 8 years old, I had an NFL blanket with all the teams logos and names randomly placed on it.
Considering the names weren't with the logos, sometimes when I was bored, I'd match them up.
Most of them were easy like Lions,Eagles,Jets,Seahawks etc..but there was that one..the guy "hiking" the ball that I wasn't sure of, he was red white and blue and so was the Patriots name, not really knowing what a Patriot was (give me a break I was like 8 and it was the early 80's) I figured that's what he was.
I decided right then and there, that was my team. Never really got to watch them much because we had a tv with rabbit ear antennas but hey, that was my team.
I have a nicer tv now and I'm so glad I chose them as"my" team

Started with me rooting for the underdog as the first team to win 3x on the road as a WC (1985). Since I was only 10 yrs old at the time, I admittedly lost some interest there in the late 80s/early 90s with the losing. Jumped back on in '94 with the draft selection of Drew Bledsoe.

Lived my whole life in Nevada, use to go to a school with the logo of the Patriots and I started watching football since 2000 and been a fan of the New England Patriots ever since.
I've been subscribing to the NFL Sunday ticket for close to a decade now because that's how much I love this team, I also buy their apparel every year whenever a new design comes out.

I Came to US in 2005 from india as a student. As a person coming from a place where NFL is never heard off i got hooked on to Baseball. But it was kind of boring (if u are cricket fan) so i moved on to Football and i asked one of our senior what's our team and he said Patriots. The NAME Patriots attracted me .Then i started watching NFL from 2007 season and was depressed with how the season finally ended. Later i became so obsessed with the game that i started reading formations & play calls etc etc . Now i am a Avid NFL fan and Hardcore Patriots fan.

My whole week is messed up if pats loose a game. My wife knows she should not disturb me when the pats are ON.

The biggest routine i have during the pats match is i play fetch with my Dog when pats are on offense. Last Sunday was the first time my Dog said .. I am good , i don't want to play anymore :D

Patriots fan in Halifax, NS, Canada. Been a fan since Bledsoe was drafted. Hardcore fan since 2002. SB 51 overtook 2014 Divisional Ravens game as my favorite.

Been to Boston plenty of times. Actually was at the A-Rod Varitek fight game in 04. No Patriots games yet unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back