PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For 24, we will need at least 10 players on Offense.

Next year is the best WR free agent class in a decade. Whether anyone wants to play with Mac is a totally different story.

Higgins, Pittman and Ridley. Sad that this is the best class in 10 years. 31 other teams so the chances are going to be slim.

Higgins, Pittman and Ridley. Sad that this is the best class in 10 years. 31 other teams so the chances are going to be slim.
Add Mike Evans, Curtis Samuel, Tyler Boyd, Marquise Brown.

I hope we don't go anywhere near Gabriel Davis. That would be a nightmare for us.

I see 7 guys worth having but honestly, I hope we DON'T go after Marquise or Evans. They'll want big money and I'm frankly a little underwhelmed by how they play.

What Bill could have done is traded for AJ Brown. He could have traded for Davante Adams. He could have signed Deandre Hopkins. He could have traded for Stefon Diggs. He could have traded for Calvin Ridley. He could have traded for DJ Moore. He could just learn how to draft receivers. There are multiple ways to get good receivers. Bill just isn't interested in that.
Devante Adams and AJ Brown would be screaming for a trade with this QB. And neither would be producing.

Patriots fans talk about WRs the way an impotent medieval king talks about wives: "I have had the terrible misfortune of marrying eight barren women!"

The whole offensive philosophy stinks and the QB stinks more.

Play a ton of the kids - see who's got what.
Trade for Jeudy now and go get a second in FA if neither Thornton (no chance) or Boutte (could be) shows enough. Ridley, maybe.

Get Onwenu out of there until his ankle is 100%. Let the kids learn under fire and re-sign Onwenu.

Re-sign Henry or Gesicki or both if they aren't too expensive.

And for god's sake, get a QB who isn't an emotional 12-year-old. Drake Mayes? (Watched him yesterday - throws a very pretty ball.)

Yes, they stink enough to be getting a really high pick.
There is no secret formula in the NFL anymore. With gambling, fantasy,, and money flooding it, it's about star power.

Add Mike Evans, Curtis Samuel, Tyler Boyd, Marquise Brown.

I hope we don't go anywhere near Gabriel Davis. That would be a nightmare for us.

I see 7 guys worth having but honestly, I hope we DON'T go after Marquise or Evans. They'll want big money and I'm frankly a little underwhelmed by how they play.
Saw them but I just couldn’t include those names on the list. Evans is a one year stop gap, Brown is invisible, Boyd and Samuel are never was types.They aren’t adding anything they don’t already have.Gabriel Davis is a every 6 game superstar and jag the other 5 with a probowl qb.

The good news is when the Patriots get a new GM and coach in the offseason, they will have a clean slate to work with to build their team. One of the positives of Belichick building one of the worst roster in football is that the Patriots can clean house and start from scratch.

Devante Adams and AJ Brown would be screaming for a trade with this QB. And neither would be producing.

Patriots fans talk about WRs the way an impotent medieval king talks about wives: "I have had the terrible misfortune of marrying eight barren women!"

The whole offensive philosophy stinks and the QB stinks more.
I love the “your hypothetical is wrong because my hypothetical is right” stuff.

No, he couldn't have. AJ Brown was on an expiring contract and he wanted to go play with his best friend. You don't trade a 1st round draft pick for a guy you have to franchise as soon as he gets here. Davante Adams obviously wanted the Raiders, his childhood team, and to play with his buddy David Carr. The idea that either of these guys would have come to New England is wishful thinking. Would never happen.
I can’t with this again.

With even a moderately functioning offense, the Pats win this game handily. Both BB and McD may be looking for a job next year.

They need a starting QB badly... beyond that they have plenty of cap space and all their draft picks.

This would be a quick turnaround if they found their QB in the first round.

A team can win with just "good" QB play... no team can win with outright "bad" QB play.

They need a starting QB badly... beyond that they have plenty of cap space and all their draft picks.

This would be a quick turnaround if they found their QB in the first round.

A team can win with just "good" QB play... no team can win with outright "bad" QB play.
OK, let's presume that we use our first for the best QB available, as well as using free agency to secure a veteran who is capable of starting.
==================
"beyond that", it is very difficult to find OT's and a backup OT that will keep our QB's upright. Also, note that we will ahve use dour 1st on our QB, and that some of the cap money will go to the veteran QB and to a couple of re0-signs or replacements on Defense.

But, yes, Step One is definitely to secure a QB.

OK, let's presume that we use our first for the best QB available, as well as using free agency to secure a veteran who is capable of starting.
==================
"beyond that", it is very difficult to find OT's and a backup OT that will keep our QB's upright. Also, note that we will ahve use dour 1st on our QB, and that some of the cap money will go to the veteran QB and to a couple of re0-signs or replacements on Defense.

But, yes, Step One is definitely to secure a QB.
Mac has shown that bad QB play can make an offensive line look a lot worse than it actually is… well Mac and the toughest schedule in the NFL has.

The Patriots need a RT, they may need a LT as well or they could just extend Brown. Either way, without at least “good” QB play it doesn’t matter much. They need a QB.

Last edited:
Mac has shown that bad QB play can make an offensive line look a lot worse than it actually is… well Mac and the toughest schedule in the NFL has.

The Patriots need a RT, they may need a LT as well or they could just extend Brown. Either way, without at least “good” QB play it doesn’t matter much. They need a QB.

Tell that to Andrew Luck

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back