PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For 24, we will need at least 10 players on Offense.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Defense needs to re-sign or replace Dugger, Uche, and Jennings.
==========
The Offense is much more serious. Yes, existing players could be re-signed to meet the need.

We need
2 QB - starter and backup
2 RB - to replace Zeke and Montgomery
2 WR - to replace Shuster and for one one major improvement
3 TE - all three are free agents
2 OT - I suppose that we OK with Strange, Mafi and Sow at OG

To be clear, this is the ENTIRE OFFENSE. Even at OG, all three have question marks.

Yes, and the very last thing we want is for Bill, acting as GM, to play ANY role in choosing them, a task for which his incompetence is now well-established. I'd tell him he's out as GM today. If hearing this motivates him to quit as coach, well maybe we need a new one of those too.

JuJu is chewed gum at this point. Take the hit and move on. Also need to take all decision making away from BB as well when it comes to roster management.

If Bill the GM is here for the roster building period of the 2024 he will overextend for Duggar for the sole reason that he also plays a lot of special teams snaps and can be an emergency punt returner. It also helps Duggar's situation because he's not a mouthy ingrate like Jakobi Myers. Duggar, by all accounts, does what he's told, and that's #1 for Bill the Coach - he only coaches players he likes.
We've seen how much Bill the GM over values guys who play special teams, and if said special teamer is also a decent starting caliber safety - signed, sealed, delivered. It will be the same old, same old. Bill the GM paying bonkers $ to an average player (like Parker, Agholor, etc).
And overpaying to retain Duggar will prevent Bill the Coach from acquiring a legitimate receiver without an injury history.

JuJu is chewed gum at this point. Take the hit and move on. Also need to take all decision making away from BB as well when it comes to roster management.
Maybe we can convince the Chiefs to take him back.

Maybe we can convince the Chiefs to take him back.

Bet they could get a 4th/5th rounder and would probably still need to pay most of the contract.

I still can't believe Bill has guys like Godchaux, Parker, Juju, and Wise making what they're making. Our third highest cap hit is Jonnu and he isn't even on the team. Out of guys who are actually on the team Reily freaking Reiff is the 9th highest cap hit on the team. A tackle a lot of people thought was going to retire this offseason and was so bad in camp he immediately got moved to guard.

Many posters saw this miles away during the off-season. This and 2020 were Bill's worst off-seasons of his tenure in NE. Those signings in 2020....wow!

Aside from the obvious needs of QB and WR, the O-line needs to be overhauled. Two new tackles are a must, Strange should be on thin ice and David Andrews is long overdue of being replaced. And what happens with Onwenu? He might be gone.

I see Dugger and Uche most likely jumping ship to better situations unless a new regime takes over.

This team is a mess.

Many posters saw this miles away during the off-season. This and 2020 were Bill's worst off-seasons of his tenure in NE. Those signings in 2020....wow!

Aside from the obvious needs of QB and WR, the O-line needs to be overhauled. Two new tackles are a must, Strange should be on thin ice and David Andrews is long overdue of being replaced. And what happens with Onwenu? He might be gone.

I see Dugger and Uche most likely jumping ship to better situations unless a new regime takes over.

This team is a mess.
Many posters have “seen this” for 25 years and are now bragging because the team started 1-4. For many of us winning 6 SBs were the glory days, for others being right that everything sucks is nirvana

Last edited:
I still can't believe Bill has guys like Godchaux, Parker, Juju, and Wise making what they're making. Our third highest cap hit is Jonnu and he isn't even on the team. Out of guys who are actually on the team Reily freaking Reiff is the 9th highest cap hit on the team. A tackle a lot of people thought was going to retire this offseason and was so bad in camp he immediately got moved to guard.
wtf are you complaining about those contracts for? they are cheap.

Its a legitimate question to ask if BB will even have GM duties this offseason.

I think the ceiling for Strange, Mafi and Sow might be back up O linemen.

What about Onwenu - isn't his contract up? I have a hard time seeing bill the GM pay a guard a top dollar contract. I don't necessarily disagree on this one - but you have to have an adequate replacement.

wtf are you complaining about those contracts for? they are cheap.
Godchaux is the 4th highest cap hit on the team at $10.5 million. $10.5 million for a run stuffing guard on a team that can't stop the run is asinine. Deatrich Wise is the 5th highest cap hit on the team at $8.7 million. A serviceable player but he would be overpaid at half that number. If you think Juju and Parker's contracts are fine then I just really don't know what to tell you.

Godchaux is the 4th highest cap hit on the team at $10.5 million. $10.5 million for a run stuffing guard on a team that can't stop the run is asinine. Deatrich Wise is the 5th highest cap hit on the team at $8.7 million. A serviceable player but he would be overpaid at half that number. If you think Juju and Parker's contracts are fine then I just really don't know what to tell you.
go take a look see at what comparable players are making... Godchaux? 24th in the league contract wise for interior defensive linemen... Deatrich Wise contract is a steal... JuJu is getting paid what this year? less than 5m... parker is what? 1.2m? jfc, you are complaining about that? did you even bother to look at the numbers? you need some perspective man...

A legit QB alleviates OL and WR problems.
Legit OL is the problem on this team. They have two excellent running backs that are not given daylight and competent a QB who has flourished in games where he gets time and space. Mac Jones is #7 in the most Hurried quarterbacks, 27th in Pocket Time, and it's a miracle he's only been sacked nine times through five games.

I don't have the data, but I will say that Mac Jones is playing with Tight Ends blocking and RBs staying in to pick up rushers most of the time. He is among the middle of the pack in getting blitzed because the OL cannot block four rushers with any consistency.

What would this team look like with an OL like the 2010 edition: Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Steven Neal, and Sebastian Vollmer? If anyone thinks Tom Brady at the height of his career could mask the deficiencies of the 2022 and 2023 OLs, they are not paying attention.

This could improve if the OL can stay intact for a few weeks. But the revolving OL door is killing this offense.

go take a look see at what comparable players are making... Godchaux? 24th in the league contract wise for interior defensive linemen... Deatrich Wise contract is a steal... JuJu is getting paid what this year? less than 5m... parker is what? 1.2m? jfc, you are complaining about that? did you even bother to look at the numbers? you need some perspective man...
Yes and none of them are good players. Wise is a serviceable rotational player. The rest of them are flat out bad. Bill keeps paying bad players. Top to bottom this might be the least promising roster in the league right now after Judon and Gonzalez went down.

...and none of them are good players. Wise is a serviceable rotational player. The rest of them are flat out bad.
none of them are good players... Okay then...

you've been playing madden for far too long.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back