PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FMIA King discusses BB

I wouldn't restrict the search to disciples if a great candidate is available go for it. But if it's between a random first time coach or a disciple I'd choose disciple. Simple reason being you only get one chance to ride that inertia.

So far krafts 3 choices have all been good ones, even though the carrolll era didn’t go over well. Im pretty confident we’ll make a good move when the time comes

Out here in SoCal in the winters, I just joined an over-60 softball league. The area it covers isn’t huge - maybe 50k people total.

There are around 225 guys playing. There’s a 93-year-old out there twice a week.

You can see the difference in the age groups - some in their late 70’s can still play competitive ball, others really can’t.

People age differently, physically, mentally, emotionally.

A friend is mine was still making cutting-edge science fiction novels at 88, before he died of Covid (Ben Bova). Others friends I know couldn’t have performed at that level of competence at 70.

Emotionally, I know people whose fires of ambition died in their 50’s, while others will play on until they’re put in the ground.

Look around and you all know people like that, too.

I may be stating the obvious, but I think it all boils down to your passion for what youre doing and your competitive drive(general health permitting of course). Which in bbs case is definitely a good outlook for longevity as a hc

To be fair, when we're talking about opinions, there isn't much that differentiates an intelligent poster from a renowned sports writer. The difference comes in the ability to plug into the league and network with people who can tell you things before the public finds out (which is, in itself, a skill to some extent).

That's why my go-to move for finding out what a team is really like is to read their fan forums.

Fan forums are a gold mine for pre-season fantasy football information as well….

It varies from person to person, but as a mid-age surfer….I see a lot of guys and gals surfing my local break that are easily 70+….fit and well tanned….

Hope I can do the same in 2 decades…..

So far krafts 3 choices have all been good ones, even though the carrolll era didn’t go over well.

giphy.gif

Not sure where the confusion is? Record progressively got worse in his tenure, wasnt anything terrible but it was disappointing after a sb appearance and inheriting a young talented team

The Poodle would likely have failed anyway since he got his ass handed to him routinely when facing the better coaches, but he did get screwed here by Bob’s worst football decision, Bobby Grier.

His gf is 58 years old, so BB's got Young... Disposition Energy.

That Coach K quote about sums it up...

“I can’t get into his head,” Mike Krzyzewski said from North Carolina the other day. “But watching him, it’s incredibly interesting. When somebody says, ‘You’ve been doing this the same way—it’s the same job,’ no, it’s not the same job. I’m adapting; it’s exciting. Like, I’m 75. That happened with USA Basketball later in my life, and I wanted to use what I learned. That’s what I see in Bill from afar. I really admire him and like him. Because really it’s not about him, it’s about them [the players]. There’s nobody who’s built a better culture in pro sports than him. Right?”

“Quite a statement,” I said. “You built a pretty good culture yourself.”

“Yeah,” Krzyzewski said, quietly scoffing. “But that’s collegiate. Pro football’s a big business, man. There can be a lot of selfishness. He’s been able to manage all that. Culture should not be assumed. It needs Miracle-Gro every year, and he’s been able to keep that culture going. There’s a Patriot Way. I totally admire that.”

Not sure where the confusion is? Record progressively got worse in his tenure, wasnt anything terrible but it was disappointing after a sb appearance and inheriting a young talented team

Carroll was a terrible choice.

I enjoy reading Peter King from time to time, but I don't think he brought a lot to the table on this one. He could have perused this board and got all those points.
I thought the talk with Coach K was interesting.

Of course some of his coaching decisions didn't work out. Name one coach that makes every correct coaching decision. the question isn't "Will he make coaching mistakes?", the question is "Who would you rather have coaching the team?"

What other Head Coaches have sons that are not ready to be Defensive Coordinators?

BB the GM is the biggest problem.

Brady
Regular 219 wins - 64 losses = 78% win %
Post 30 wins - 11 losses = 74% win %

No Brady
Regular 17 wins - 16 losses = 53% win %
Post 0 wins - 1 loss = you know the thing.

Small sample size post Brady, but any bad drafts and questionable FA moves will be blatantly obvious moving forward because your HOF QB is gone.

What other Head Coaches have sons that are not ready to be Defensive Coordinators?

BB the GM is the biggest problem.

Brady
Regular 219 wins - 64 losses = 78% win %
Post 30 wins - 11 losses = 74% win %

No Brady
Regular 17 wins - 16 losses = 53% win %
Post 0 wins - 1 loss = you know the thing.

Small sample size post Brady, but any bad drafts and questionable FA moves will be blatantly obvious moving forward because your HOF QB is gone.

Another Brady versus Belichick post. So exciting. The same information already discused a thousand times over. Maybe you can post an overview how bad the N'Keal Harry pick was plus all of the bad 2nd round DB picks? That too would be insightful and exciting.

Another Brady versus Belichick post. So exciting. The same information already discused a thousand times over. Maybe you can post an overview how bad the N'Keal Harry pick was plus all of the bad 2nd round DB picks? That too would be insightful and exciting.
The Office Reaction GIF

It varies from person to person, but as a mid-age surfer….I see a lot of guys and gals surfing my local break that are easily 70+….fit and well tanned….

Hope I can do the same in 2 decades…..

A lot of it is mental. My grandfather was told (he was around 70 at the time) to stop gardening - doc said his knees can't take it. So, he took a year off, and his overall health declined. The next prep-season he said the heck with this and went back to it. Yup - his knees hurt, but everything else improved.

Amazing how much he could produce in two 6x15 plots in the middle of Worcester. Best. Tomatoes. Ever.

A lot of it is mental. My grandfather was told (he was around 70 at the time) to stop gardening - doc said his knees can't take it. So, he took a year off, and his overall health declined. The next prep-season he said the heck with this and went back to it. Yup - his knees hurt, but everything else improved.

Amazing how much he could produce in two 6x15 plots in the middle of Worcester. Best. Tomatoes. Ever.
Don't do the thing you love the most.

Makes you really scratch your head, doesn't it?

Those are the facts and I expressed the truth.

Bad drafting and the wrong FA moves wont cut the mustard no more. Bob Kraft has even fired warning shots like never before.

Those are the facts and I expressed the truth.

Bad drafting and the wrong FA moves wont cut the mustard no more. Bob Kraft has even fired warning shots like never before.
Dude, we get it.
GIF by Leroy Patterson

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes