PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flores fired

under HC Billy "buttchin" O'Brien ... RAC was the defensive coordinator til Mikey replaced him

has worked under Luke Fickell & Urban Meyer at Ohio State before heading to join O'Briens staff in H-Town

So if people say he's in BB's coaching tree, is he part of Cowhers coaching tree as well?
Sure, you can make that argument, but it’s pretty clear his style is very similar to BB’s, whom he saw up close and helped install on the field for years. I don’t think you have to work directly for a HC to count as part of that tree, but if you do, that’s cool. There’s no right or wrong, just conversation.

Every coach, boss, supervisor, manager, president, owner, etc. have favorites. It's human nature, so not an eye opening revelation.

Lol at Tua crying "you can't treat people like that." These young guys are uber sensitive and soft. There's no crying in football.
Tua is Gen Z and like most of these Zoomers they believe in a moral balance and social justice. There is a right way to treat people and a wrong way to treat people, a moral way to do things and an immoral way. Believe me, I have 2 Gen Z children and I am now hiring them.

I much prefer the my Gen Z employees over my millennial employees because they feel an obligation to do things the right way and will work hard to do things the right way, unlike the millennials that think they are owed everything.

As a boss I agree I have my favorites, the key is to not let everyone know who they are! It is difficult to do, but if you let the proverbial cat out of the bag, you lose all power and integrity as a boss.

Lombardi now trying to walk it back...

The Lombardis, while a knowledgeable, connected football clan, contribute more to global warming than a first world industrial complex in a 3rd world country with all the hot air they pump out

Flores might be a good schematic coach but it's clear the guy could benefit from some executive coaching. He clashed with a new Dolphins OC every single year, and didn't get along with his GM or QB. He has to realize a big part of his job is working with others and convincing people to follow his vision.

Tua is Gen Z and like most of these Zoomers they believe in a moral balance and social justice. There is a right way to treat people and a wrong way to treat people, a moral way to do things and an immoral way. Believe me, I have 2 Gen Z children and I am now hiring them.

I much prefer the my Gen Z employees over my millennial employees because they feel an obligation to do things the right way and will work hard to do things the right way, unlike the millennials that think they are owed everything.

As a boss I agree I have my favorites, the key is to not let everyone know who they are! It is difficult to do, but if you let the proverbial cat out of the bag, you lose all power and integrity as a boss.
You may be the only one here who knows the difference between zoomers and millennials. To most posters, "millennial" means "young enough to play football".

Flores might be a good schematic coach but it's clear the guy could benefit from some executive coaching. He clashed with a new Dolphins OC every single year, and didn't get along with his GM or QB. He has to realize a big part of his job is working with others and convincing people to follow his vision.
He worked hard and went through a lot to get where he is. He grew up in Brownsville, one of the toughest neighborhoods in NYC and the was the poor kid at the upper class/middle class whitey prep school. I suspect he doesn’t brook soft players.

Just curious, what are some of the things they think they are owed?

Seems like someone on the Dolphins side is trying to do some damage control. Seeing reports from "anonymous sources" about how Flores was a pain in the ass and openly disparaged Tua directly to the QB himself. Maybe it's true maybe it isn't but I still think it should have been the GM Grier that went.

You may be the only one here who knows the difference between zoomers and millennials. To most posters, "millennial" means "young enough to play football".

And to many others, it just means "Anyone younger than me."

Hey mods, what THE **** happened to my post in this thread?

Gutless ****ing cowards.

Truth hurts don't it, 'tards?

You need a smaller brush... :)
1642255903560.png

I've hired my share of Millennials and quite a few Gen Z kids. There are good ones and bad ones on both sides of that dividing line. Some of my least motivated people are Gen Z whereas I have had several very conscientious Millennials that would give you the shirt off their back if you asked them.

The only thing I will agree with is that many of my hires from about 10-15 years ago, had these "career maps" and they expected to be at certain levels by a certain point in their career. I had a couple complain when they didn't hit the levels at the expected time. Funny, but it seemed like all of them expected to be VP in 10 years. Guess what - it didn't work out that way.

I always figured it was a new coaching method at the college level. It really came out of nowhere but seemed to apply across the board like all the kids where being told to set high goals and hit them. It was almost like an extension of "everyone gets a trophy".

My hunch is he will be with Texans. Reunite with Nicky.

Looks like the plantation owner and his minions are working hard to reset the narrative:

Guess the plantation owner doesn't want to eat Tua's salary.

This is nfl.com's way of helping Ross reset the narrative, converting a negative (we don't want Watson) into a positive (we do want Tua).

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back