PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger got punked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved from Boston to NYC in 2003 and cannot understand what has happened to Felger.

Back in 2000-01, the Boston Globe guys were always against the Pats - especially after BB prohibited the players/coaches from speaking to the media and more so after BB declared on Channel 4 that Brady will be the QB for the rest of the season (and thereby shocking everyone since 99% of us assumed that Bledose will be returning soon).

At that time, Felger was the only guy rooting for the Pats. I distinctly remember a post-game show at Foxboro when he went after Nick Cafuro (pardon my spelling) of the Globe when Nick claimed that the Pats barely won and that it was clear that Brady cannot throw deep.

It was a live interview and Felger asked something like "What is wrong with you Globe guys? Why do you dislike and put down this team so much in every single article? The Pats won for goodness sake on a solid game and here you are finding imaginery faults on Brady even though the offensive play calling called for only the running game and short passes." Both Nick and the interviewer were stunned and totally shocked.

I applauded cheerfully for Felger because he was absolutely right. I got tired of the Globe dampening the happy spirits of the fans and was elated to find Felger demanding on live TV to expalin their negative attitude (to which Nick mumbled something).

From then to now...can't understand why he changed...

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
"Down on all Fours with Felger"...

That's good comedy!~

And a very bad visual popped into my head!

Seriously though, I use to enjoy listening to Felger. However, since he started his radio show his analysis has gone downhill. He seems ill informed and sounds just like all the other loud mouths.

The questions is...why are we (myself included) so obsessed with Felger?

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Steve DeOssie, on New England Tailgate a few weeks ago called it "Down on all Fours with Felger". :cool: I almost choked on my beer.

Friggin Deossie, hillarious :rofl:

Last edited:
Patti37 said:
The questions is...why are we (myself included) so obsessed with Felger?

Not obsessed with Felger, obsessed with the Pat's.
Felgy just happens to be the one on camera or radio, and while I don't care for him or his ways anymore, Felger talking about the Pat's is better than nobody talking about the Pat's. (I think):D

Wow, did anyone see NEST last night? Gresh was on again (always good when he's on) and Felger got into calling Gresh a hypocrit---Gresh didn't lay down but went right back at him and those two went at it for about 5 minutes. You could see Tanguay looking offset asking what he should do becuase he couldn't get a word in and they wouldn't stop.

Great to see Felger getting it dished back on him:rocker:

I don't even remember what Gresh and Felger were disagreeing about last night but it was great when Felger said "let's change the subject" and Gresh said "no, let's not change the subject" and went right back to it.

BelichickFan said:
I don't even remember what Gresh and Felger were disagreeing about last night but it was great when Felger said "let's change the subject" and Gresh said "no, let's not change the subject" and went right back to it.

It all started when they were talking about Bledsoe. Gresh said he was a great QB who couldn't get it done when it mattered--and Felger said he's never been a good qb becuase he hasn't won a superbowl. Gresh mentioned the 35000 yards, ect... and also asked if trent dilfer was a great qb becuase he won 1 superbowl? Gresh admits when he's wrong, from what i have seen,,,but Felger can't bring himself to do so. It was great that Gresh didn't let him slide:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore