PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger got punked

Status
Not open for further replies.

nummit

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Anyone see NEST earlier? I loved seenig Felger get punked by Gresh when talking about the kicking game.
I dunno what happened to Felgy, but he is turning into a mini Borges

What happened?

That was sweet. I know a lot of people don't like Gresh but I do.

Basically Felger was saying Gotti is to blame for all his misses. Gresh said that only and idiot would think that and Felger said he does think it. Then he sat there looking stupid.

Gresh certainly has his moments. In fact he used to be my favorite local analyst but then like Felger he took a turn for the worse.

That was great tonight, Felger is getting worse all the time. From what i can remember Gresh basically said:

-You have to be a dope to think that the 2 blocks are all his fault. They had breakdowns as a unit, and the unit needs to get better

-You're an idiot if you judge him on what he's done so far in FG's. Look at the whole picture (with kickoff's) and also realize he's a rookie and it's only week 4

It went on for a while and they actually went to commercial with Gresh still giving him the business. I know a lot of people here don't like Gresh, but I have always liked his stuff on NEST. Granted i have never heard the radio show, but everything on NEST has been good info from what i have seen---and busting felger's balls like that was priceless! :rocker:

Felger is just a complete idiot, he was even worse talking about the sox and Foulke on the late edition--but i won't go into that on a pats board. I'm happy they black out 4 downs with felger for me, i just wish they didn't black out "NE Tailgate"

Felger annoys me more than any other media personality. He should go back to Packer country.

Battaglia said:
Felger annoys me more than any other media personality. He should go back to Packer country.

He's getting to be as bad as borges--they both suck!

mtbykr said:
That was great tonight, Felger is getting worse all the time. From what i can remember Gresh basically said:

-You have to be a dope to think that the 2 blocks are all his fault. They had breakdowns as a unit, and the unit needs to get better

-You're an idiot if you judge him on what he's done so far in FG's. Look at the whole picture (with kickoff's) and also realize he's a rookie and it's only week 4

It went on for a while and they actually went to commercial with Gresh still giving him the business. I know a lot of people here don't like Gresh, but I have always liked his stuff on NEST. Granted i have never heard the radio show, but everything on NEST has been good info from what i have seen---and busting felger's balls like that was priceless! :rocker:

Felger is just a complete idiot, he was even worse talking about the sox and Foulke on the late edition--but i won't go into that on a pats board. I'm happy they black out 4 downs with felger for me, i just wish they didn't black out "NE Tailgate"

They should change the name of that segment to "4 Braincells for Felger".

On the four Downs with Felger show, Borges was the exact opposite of what he was last week. He sounded very positive toward the team and didn't take any shots at BB.

Maybe he realized, or was told, that he was way over the top last week. Or, maybe he's bi-polar.

YES...Gresh is now the man. I saw it and loved every second of seeing Andy deliver shot after shot to Felger who basicaly was totally outclassed.

Good job Andy Gresh (even if you are a Steeler fan).

Atleast Gresh knows what he is talking about. Felger just speaks what he hears from others, correct or not.

I have review the two blocks several times. Neither ever had a chance due to terrible blocking, although I will say that the Denver block was a low kick.

Vs. the Jets, many people eroneously thought the DL blocked the kick when it was really the LB coming from the outside. Vs. Denver, the kick was low and was blocked by the DL, but here is the deal, the ball went right through the arms of the outside rusher. If the kick was better, it just would have been blocked by that guy anyway.

I personally think that too much is made of this issue. While I would rather everything be peachy keen, I'm not that concerned about the kicking game. I believe strongly that FG kicking will not be a problem at the end of the year.

nummit said:
Atleast Gresh knows what he is talking about. Felger just speaks what he hears from others, correct or not.

Then Felger needs to change his "circle of friends" becuase last week he gave the bengals D the nod over the pats D. He is clearly dilusional! Gresh may be a squeelers fan, but at least he's not a closet fan---he let's people know that up front and i have no problem with that. Gresh seems to have good football knowledge (again my only experience is on NEST) and i enjoy what he has to say---him ripping felger was just the icing on the cake! Now if we can just get him on with Borges:D

mtbykr said:
Then Felger needs to change his "circle of friends" becuase last week he gave the bengals D the nod over the pats D. He is clearly dilusional! Gresh may be a squeelers fan, but at least he's not a closet fan---he let's people know that up front and i have no problem with that. Gresh seems to have good football knowledge (again my only experience is on NEST) and i enjoy what he has to say---him ripping felger was just the icing on the cake! Now if we can just get him on with Borges:D

Gresh is fine as long as you keep the conversation technical in nature. And you can feel his discomfort with regard to the Patriots come playoff time.

I might not always agree with everything Gresh says, but I find him entertaining to watch and listen to. He's just kind of entertaining. If Felger were fat and goofy, maybe I'd say the same about him, but Gresh at least seems to try to be reasonable the majority of the time, where Felger has decided to go the attention whore route.

Jacky Roberts said:
They should change the name of that segment to "4 Braincells for Felger".
Steve DeOssie, on New England Tailgate a few weeks ago called it "Down on all Fours with Felger". :cool: I almost choked on my beer.

PATSNUTme said:
On the four Downs with Felger show, Borges was the exact opposite of what he was last week. He sounded very positive toward the team and didn't take any shots at BB.

Maybe he realized, or was told, that he was way over the top last week. Or, maybe he's bi-polar.

Or maybe he's smart enough to realize that he looks like a total idiot if he trashes the coaches that just led to the team to a stomping of the undefeated Bengals, in their own house, last week.

I'll say this for Borges, he's smart enough to pick his spots, and take his shots when BB or the team is down.

mtbykr said:
I know a lot of people here don't like Gresh, but I have always liked his stuff on NEST. Granted i have never heard the radio show, but everything on NEST has been good info from what i have seen

I heartily agree. Gresh on NEST is usually very good. I enjoy his insights, especially where o-line and d-line are involved. I have never heard him on the radio. Granted, he gets a bit bombastic, but he does get a chuckle or two out of me, and he usually makes good sense.

Now all he has to do is lose his yin for the Steelers :)

Bob G

PATSNUTme said:

Bi-Polar!

Definitely!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Steve DeOssie, on New England Tailgate a few weeks ago called it "Down on all Fours with Felger". :cool: I almost choked on my beer.

"Down on all Fours with Felger"...

That's good comedy!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand