PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC vs NFC, 2023

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I know most folks don't get into the head to head matchups, but I'm a huge AFC supporter after the years the NFL **** on the AFL in the early 60's. I don't usually root for NFC teams but last night's TB-Bills game was one of those for obvious reasons.

What most people don't realize (or maybe don't care about) is that the AFC has a huge advantage in head to head play all-time. I wonder if that's the reason we never hear the mediots taling about it. I feel like they might if it was the other way around. The only place where the AFC isn't dominating is in SB wins, as the NFC's big run from the 80s-90s still has them ahead by a whisker. The AFC had closed the gap after 2019 but Brady got it back for them in 2020.

As for seasons all-time, the AFC has won more than 60% of those and has about a 100 game lead in games played against each other. It's pretty safe to say that the AFC has been kicking the NFC's ass.

This season has been a real strange one. After the NFC went 6-0 in the first two weeks, the AFC went on a 21-7 run and are now holding a 21-13 lead, including last night's Bills' game. There are another 9 games this week, with the NFC at home for 6 of them. This is a big week for those dirty bastards from the NFC.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back