2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How do we feel about the new unis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good point.
An owner who deprives an original AFL team's fans from seeing the team they rooted for for generations win it all while the other dynasties got to should apologize, fix it and shut up.

If they felt they really had to change things up, they should have gone:

Home: last year's Color Rush tops with white pants.
Away: A white version of the Color Rush tops with blue pants

(I would have preferred making the throwbacks the primary unis but I also know that had no chance in hell of happening.)

I don't mind the blue ones but I hate the white ones. They look off with the silver helmet and I still think the strike looks weird with how it cuts off so high. Also not a huge fan of the number font.

I don't mind the blue ones but I hate the white ones. They look off with the silver helmet and I still think the strike looks weird with how it cuts off so high. Also not a huge fan of the number font.
Yeah I think that the silver & white areas should be either all silver or all white...And the shoulder striping needs to be altered somehow so that it flows easier...and maybe the blue areas could be lightened by just a shade...Still prefer these road unis to previous ones, especially the all-white pajamas from the '70s...

I hate the road uniform. Feels cheap like an XFL team or something

I just dont know what to make of the shoulder stripe things. Like, forget color, what even are they? Like, steamer trunk handle straps? They used to have a stripe that goes all the way around, ok, I never even thought about it. I'm like, there's a stripe there, then a picture of elvis on your shoulder. On the new unis it's like "Look at me!!!! I'm a stripe!!! No wait I'm half a stripe, that's how you know I'm for damn sure there!" Ugh. They just don't look like anything.

I just dont know what to make of the shoulder stripe things. Like, forget color, what even are they? Like, steamer trunk handle straps? They used to have a stripe that goes all the way around, ok, I never even thought about it. I'm like, there's a stripe there, then a picture of elvis on your shoulder. On the new unis it's like "Look at me!!!! I'm a stripe!!! No wait I'm half a stripe, that's how you know I'm for damn sure there!" Ugh. They just don't look like anything.
"We have received feedback from fans that they like the color red. So we've incorporated it in an alteration to our uniforms."

"We have received feedback from diners that they like hamburgers. So we've added bread crumbs to our mandatory main course of Brussels sprouts."

Hopefully the NFL abandons the one helmet rule here in the near future. That'll let us have some proper throwbacks.

Why haven't we done the 95-99 uniforms yet? That is legit our only true throwback we can do right now.

EDIT: Unless you want to count the '93 variant...or the '94 variant.... from 1992-1995, they didn't wear the same uniform from year-to-year.

Last edited:
The new uni's look amateurish. The pair of red stripes on the shoulder pads make them look like a marching band's. It's like watching a bizzaro version of the Patriots.

If any uniform change were to be made, I'd prefer a variation of the old red and whites. However, I'm of the mind that any team that wins six titles over a such a short period should keep their uniforms for generations. The blue and silver design of the dynasty years could have become iconic, now they will be forever associated with a bygone era. Maybe that was the plan.

I like the complete blue uniform, but the style of the white jersey/blue pants combination don’t quite go together. Maybe I just have to get used to them.

Adding a look with red pants, as previously suggested, would be a good option, but I don’t love the old red and white uniforms as much as some others do.

I love the old Pat Patriots logo but feel that it looks dated. Works as an optional choice.

The new uni's look amateurish. The pair of red stripes on the shoulder pads make them look like a marching band's. It's like watching a bizzaro version of the Patriots.

If any uniform change were to be made, I'd prefer a variation of the old red and whites. However, I'm of the mind that any team that wins six titles over a such a short period should keep their uniforms for generations. The blue and silver design of the dynasty years could have become iconic, now they will be forever associated with a bygone era. Maybe that was the plan.

I definitely liked the version they wore against SEA... but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back