2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How do we feel about the new unis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's eh.

It's still 100 times better than whatever the Rams are wearing right now.

Chargers are now the best ones

I love the new uniforms, both the all-blue home version and the road version. Best ever.

Home ones are nice, need silver pants and they’re awesome.

Road is one of the best looks in the league.

About 7 years ago, my staff bought me a personalized Patriots jersey with a color scheme I hadn't seen before and I thought it was a Giants jersey rather than Pats. I was appreciative but they swore it was listed as a Patriots uniform..... Now it is exactly what the Pats wore....I was just ahead of my time.....

Like the home unis, road ones are whatever.

They messed with a good thing... imo

Pats marketing department has been lazy since BB took over (which was probably by design) and these lazy redesigns are no exception.
"I'm the boss" Kraft makes the decisions. Total hypocrisy when he hand wrote to Phil Bissell, "I too prefer the old logo" when he bought the team.

Kraft absolutely is married to f.e. and blue jerseys - he's been giving them out like hot cakes since '94. Steve Nelson told me 'it's about the money'.

The Patriots have lost $1 billion in additional revenue the last 25 years by wearing these ugly costumes - which, like confederate monuments, serve only to propagate a false, evil narrative - in this case, that the Patriots were somehow an inferior, unworthy team, a 'laughingstock', a 'disgrace'. A belief worshiped only by bitter, loser opponents and the sick, racist, greedy loser owners and front office of the National Football League.

"I'm the boss" Kraft makes the decisions. Total hypocrisy when he hand wrote to Phil Bissell, "I too prefer the old logo" when he bought the team.

Kraft absolutely is married to f.e. and blue jerseys - he's been giving them out like hot cakes since '94. Steve Nelson told me 'it's about the money'.

The Patriots have lost $1 billion in additional revenue the last 25 years by wearing these ugly costumes - which, like confederate monuments, serve only to propagate a false, evil narrative - in this case, that the Patriots were somehow an inferior, unworthy team, a 'laughingstock', a 'disgrace'. A belief worshiped only by bitter, loser opponents and the sick, racist, greedy loser owners and front office of the National Football League.
Where the Pat Patriot uniforms really popular among fans before the change, or did they just prefer them to the flying Elvis's?

Where the Pat Patriot uniforms really popular among fans before the change, or did they just prefer them to the flying Elvis's?
In '79, when the flying elvis' virtually identical predecessor
1600813648388.png
was conceived to replace our logo, Billy Sullivan wisely put it to a fan vote during halftime of the Chargers game in '79.

We cheered Pat Patriot, and booed that ugly proposal into orbit.

In '93 Orthwein figured he was moving to St. Louis anyway, and liked playing with logos, so he rammed the new look up our asses, with stupid explanations like 'leaving the past in your rear view mirror' (can you imagine Green Bay or SF doing that?) and 'historically accurate' which Pat Patriot is
1600813946092.png

All the Pats players I've spoken to from any era love and prefer our real uni's...

I understand younger fans who only knew the flying elvis, and fans who associate it with winning titles, but it always has been and always will be wrong.

One big problem is, the f.e. fans are brainwashed by media propaganda that the Patriots were abominable before Kraft's purchase, which is total bull sh*t. Our longest non winning season streak is 9 years - and fourteen other NFL franchises had worse stretches of that length or longer in history, mostly in the Super Bowl era.

View attachment 28679
was conceived to replace our logo, Billy Sullivan wisely put it to a fan vote during halftime of the Chargers game in '79.

In '93 Orthwein figured he was moving to St. Louis anyway, and liked playing with logos, so he rammed the new look up our asses, with stupid explanations like 'leaving the past in your rear view mirror' (can you imagine Green Bay or SF doing that?) and 'historically accurate' which Pat Patriot is
View attachment 28680

All the Pats players I've spoken to from any era love and prefer our real uni's...

I understand younger fans who only knew the flying elvis, and fans who associate it with winning titles, but it always has been and always will be wrong.

One big problem is, the f.e. fans are brainwashed by media propaganda that the Patriots were abominable before Kraft's purchase, which is total bull sh*t. Our longest non winning season streak is 9 years - and fourteen other NFL franchises had worse stretches of that length or longer in history, mostly in the Super Bowl era.
I've hated the uniforms since 2000. I liked the uniforms they last wore in '99. Kraft could've compromised by at least having the current uniforms have the same design as the Pat Patriot one's, also with a red alternate, white pants, etc. They were lazy.

It would be suicide for teams like the Packers, 9ers, Raiders, Cowboys, Chiefs, Colts, Steelers to change their uniforms.

I think the new home uni’s are a downgrade. Not bad. Just could be better.

I actually think the new road uni’s are an upgrade though. They’re much cleaner than the old ones.

View attachment 28679

View attachment 28680

Ahh - the vote by volume logo. The fans were never louder when Pat Patriot was on deck ... and never so silent (and for the rowdy drunks of Foxborough in 1979, silence was a sin) as they were when that abomination was presented.

With the exception of the away shoulder striping I think they look good. They should wrap further down if not all the way around.

A white gap between red and blue (creating 5 stripes) would look better too just like the old pat patriot away jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye