PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fantastic night for Phillip Dorsett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperor Billpatine has taught him well

I’d like to see an in-season extension for PD. He is a really good complementary piece, much like Hogan in 2016 or the way a guy like Gaffney used to be. As long as there are a couple of other great WRs out there drawing the coverage their way, Dorsett can be a really big problem for defenses.

Let's do a 2007 and 2019 pairing.
Moss-AB
Welker-JE11
Gaffney-Dorsett
Stallworth-Gordon
Watson-Watson

This year's group seems to match pretty favorably.

Nice to finally see PD getting some love from the forum. :)

Never understood the "Dorsett OUT" crowd. The guy is on a cheap contract. He's not elite but he's not a bad option to have as WR3, and the Patriots aren't using him as Brady's top target. He's only 26. What's the issue here? Especially now that AB, Gordon, and Edelman are above him in the depth chart.

Never understood the "Dorsett OUT" crowd. The guy is on a cheap contract. He's not elite but he's not a bad option to have as WR3, and the Patriots aren't using him as Brady's top target. He's only 26. What's the issue here? Especially now that AB, Gordon, and Edelman are above him in the depth chart.

More importantly, he's a model Patriot. Didn't make any noise when he sunk down the depth chart last season.

His twitter also hasn't been updated in a very long time. Not sure he is on any other form of social media.

Let's do a 2007 and 2019 pairing.
Moss-AB
Welker-JE11
Gaffney-Dorsett
Stallworth-Gordon
Watson-Watson

This year's group seems to match pretty favorably.

Moss was an all-time great. Arguably possessing the greatest physical tools for a WR and according to BB, as smart as they come.

I would temper this comparison because Moss opened up for that offense so much.

Even though i would take JE11, Dorsett, and Gordon over the 07 receivers.

Smart, humble and reliable. Glad to see Dorsett have a break out game.

Boy we never let an opportunity to take pot shots at each other go to waste do we

What fun is being right if you can’t shove it in someone’s face?

Moss was an all-time great. Arguably possessing the greatest physical tools for a WR and according to BB, as smart as they come.

I would temper this comparison because Moss opened up for that offense so much.

Even though i would take JE11, Dorsett, and Gordon over the 07 receivers.

Agreed, I'd also take 07 Watson over 19 Watson, more than likely.

On the flip side, I would take any of our 2019 running backs over Maroney.

Dorsett is awesome. Doesn’t make any noise, doesn’t whine about playing time or targets, does what’s asked of him, and does it well when he gets a shot. I think he’s caught his last 21 targets too.

Tom Brady: “Definitely a challenge” for Antonio Brown to contribute right away

"The more you know each other the more you know what each other’s thinking, the faster you can accelerate the trust and confidence in one another when you get on the field. I have that with a lot of guys that I played with certainly with the guys that are on the roster now, Julian [Edelman], Phillip Dorsett, Josh [Gordon]. You saw that last night."

I don't think AB will have any problems picking up our O like Gordon he can run the entire Route tree and can also line-up anywhere at WR. Hey somebody's gotta say it but AB is > both Edelman and Gordon and this is coming from a Edelman fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes