PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons fans: The Pats have no chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was such a stupid thread. Any team that's 14 n 2....with 4 games without their starting qb. Jus yeah. I dont see a blowout for either team

They keep hyping their defensive improvement. I just rewatched the Seattle Atlanta playoff game. Couple things I forgot in there, but here is the sequence to start the game. Well pretty much the first half.

Hawks go down and score quickly on the first drive.
Falcons go down and score on their first drive 7-7
Hawks 3rd down Russell misses a wide open Baldwin in the endzone. Kick a FG 10-7.
Falcons punt 10-7.
Hester big return called back from the 10 or so for a dumb hold. Hawks backed up on their goalline. guard drops into pass pro and steps on Russell's foot for a safety. 10-9
Falcons kick a FG on a short field after the free kick. 12-10
Hawks on 3rd and short (3-4) yards throw an out route under the sticks by a yard and a half, DB made a nice tackle. Hawks punt pin Atlanta at the 2.
Atlanta goes 98 yards at the end of the half and scores 19-10 (and game over)

4 real possesions in the first half for Seattle, the 5th was with little time left in the half. 1 TD - Nice drive
1FG - forced to kick a FG because of Russell missing a wide open receiver in the endzone.
Safety because of a boneheaded play/lack of luck whatever
And a punt because you don't run your route to at least to the stick.

Basically Seattle stopped themselves with lack of execution (Baldwin in the EZ), Safety, because of a stupid and unnecessary hold negating a big return, followed by a guard stepping on the QB's shoe in pass pro (bad luck).

Where does Atlanta's great defense come in on any of this? Seattle's own self destruction basically ended that game by the end of the first half.

What are the odds NE kills themselves on 3 of the first 4 drives of the game?

Wilson missed that throw because of the pressure

How much does Atlantas D-line rotate, wonder if the Pats could ware them out by pounding the rock and dinking them with short passes.

How much does Atlantas D-line rotate, wonder if the Pats could ware them out by pounding the rock and dinking them with short passes.
very often. I don't think a single one on the dl played over 70 percent of the defensive snaps. I could be wrong though

They keep hyping their defensive improvement. I just rewatched the Seattle Atlanta playoff game. Couple things I forgot in there, but here is the sequence to start the game. Well pretty much the first half.

Hawks go down and score quickly on the first drive.
Falcons go down and score on their first drive 7-7
Hawks 3rd down Russell misses a wide open Baldwin in the endzone. Kick a FG 10-7.
Falcons punt 10-7.
Hester big return called back from the 10 or so for a dumb hold. Hawks backed up on their goalline. guard drops into pass pro and steps on Russell's foot for a safety. 10-9
Falcons kick a FG on a short field after the free kick. 12-10
Hawks on 3rd and short (3-4) yards throw an out route under the sticks by a yard and a half, DB made a nice tackle. Hawks punt pin Atlanta at the 2.
Atlanta goes 98 yards at the end of the half and scores 19-10 (and game over)

4 real possesions in the first half for Seattle, the 5th was with little time left in the half. 1 TD - Nice drive
1FG - forced to kick a FG because of Russell missing a wide open receiver in the endzone.
Safety because of a boneheaded play/lack of luck whatever
And a punt because you don't run your route to at least to the stick.

Basically Seattle stopped themselves with lack of execution (Baldwin in the EZ), Safety, because of a stupid and unnecessary hold negating a big return, followed by a guard stepping on the QB's shoe in pass pro (bad luck).

Where does Atlanta's great defense come in on any of this? Seattle's own self destruction basically ended that game by the end of the first half.

What are the odds NE kills themselves on 3 of the first 4 drives of the game?

From watching the Eagles game to the Seattle game, the Falcons are much more aggressive on D. They are flying to the ball and blitzing much more.

Also, that throw to Baldwin on Seattle's second drive was a bad throw but also, Baldwins was about to get killed if he caught it. The falcons got a sack that played a big role in ending that drive. Looked to be blown coverage.

The other thing in watching the Seattle game is again, how dominant Jones is. He abused Sherman who clearly was not right. He played really soft and kept his left arm by his side on most plays, like he had a shoulder injury as well.

The BS holding call on the Hester return was a big shift in the game. They could have called it on Sherman but instead, they called some Seattle blocker who had a Falcon fall on him. Total BS play. If that return stood, that came could have turned as the resulting safety shifted the momentum to the Falcons.

With that said, the Atlanta defense does look different in the playoffs. Faster with more aggression and a lot more risk. Lewis and White better be ready for quick dump offs because Brady will be looking for them.

From watching the Eagles game to the Seattle game, the Falcons are much more aggressive on D. They are flying to the ball and blitzing much more.

Also, that throw to Baldwin on Seattle's second drive was a bad throw but also, Baldwins was about to get killed if he caught it. The falcons got a sack that played a big role in ending that drive. Looked to be blown coverage.

The other thing in watching the Seattle game is again, how dominant Jones is. He abused Sherman who clearly was not right. He played really soft and kept his left arm by his side on most plays, like he had a shoulder injury as well.

The BS holding call on the Hester return was a big shift in the game. If that stood, that came could have turned.

With that said, the Atlanta defense does look different in the playoffs. Faster with more aggression and a lot more risk. Lewis and White better be ready for quick dump offs because Brady will be looking for them.

Hope they blitz Brady often.

It's going to be a rude awakening after the SB for some of those people there.

Hope they blitz Brady often.

I know. I can't imagine anybody thinking that would be a good idea but the Atlanta D line guys are fast and are trying to get upfield quickly. Draw plays and screens will slow them down.

The Seattle O-line got abused in that game. Honestly, as good as Houston looked against New England, the Falcons looked against Seattle. The Seattle O-line just could not handle the speed of the falcons D-line.

Another thing with the Falcons I notice is that they will always get in a late hit. The game could get chippy.

Pretty standard take, lots of fans watch the Pats and just don't really appreciate or understand why they're so good. Watching the Pats march down the field a series of quick option routes just isn't as visually impressive as watching Julio Jones break a tackle and take it 75 yards to the house. Watching the Pats beat the Texans by conceding throws that they know Osweiler can't consistently make gives the appearance of an exploitable defense that'll get torn up by a better QB.

What these people seem not to understand is that the Texans gameplan will probably have little in common with this one.

FWIW, I am worried that they'll score a lot on us, but barring a really unlucky injury mid-game I like how our offense matches up. It'll be tough for them to hold us under 30; I think the more pressing question is whether 30 will be enough.

A whole lot, their defensive front rotates more than most. They like to keep their guys fresh, and have the depth to do it. I agree that a no-huddle could exploit this, they don't have anyone who's used to getting stuck on the field.

What these people seem not to understand is that the Texans gameplan will probably have little in common with this one.

A **** ton of people in here don't even get that with their constant "but a better QB would rip us apart" crap... the crowds of the fantasy football age..

A whole lot, their defensive front rotates more than most. They like to keep their guys fresh, and have the depth to do it. I agree that a no-huddle could exploit this, they don't have anyone who's used to getting stuck on the field.

Hopefully Brady can catch them a few times with 12 men on the field when they do try and rotate.

Falcons are improved on D no question.

Their speed will slow the Pats down a little.

That still won't be enough.

Lol wow guys, falcons made it to the Super bowl and you guys are shocked that the fan base thinks their team will win? The nerve! Meanwhile here in patriots land an overwhelming majority is making plans for a fourth quarter celebration because the falcons don't have a chance.

This thread is Exhibit A of why I LOATHE the Falcons. Their fans. I live in Atlanta so I witness their delusion first hand. But now they have taken delusional to a heretofore unseen level of delusion. No objectivity in their analysis - to a person, they ALL feel like they will win Sunday. I want our team to win, but I want the Falcons to LOSE even more. I really hope we shut them the eff up on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents