PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons fans: The Pats have no chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsgofor4

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Just finished watching New England's regular season games. Eye opening....

Wow, just wow. If you are having a tough time drumming up hatred for the Falcons, may I present to you their delusional fans. I know that most Pats fans on this site are confident in a victory but this is just over the top. We at least have some respect for Falcons' talent and can envision scenarios which could lead to a Patriots loss.

Did I miss Hageman's transformation into Reggie White?

My favorite Dirty Burd screenname on that thread is: PeytonManningsForehead

photo-thumb-550416.jpg

Is that screenname available here?

Last edited:
Most of their board are expecting a falcons blowout. Because their offense is "historically" good. Well that didn't work for the greatest show on turf or the best offense of all time the 2007 Pats. The game has yet to be played. Both teams have earned their right to be there. Hope the Pats come out on top.

Let them enjoy their week of excitement before it all comes crashing down on them in Sunday.

Comical to say the least. They speak like their defense is in the realm of Houston or Denver.
If they can generate the interior pressure then my hats off. If not, they are toast.

That's okay - we don't think they (the Falcons) have a chance either. Just like they think the Pats are going to run into a buzz saw, we think the opposite. It's comical to us when they say things like, "all they have is Brady and Belichick..." (maybe true [no offense Jules, et al.], but of course, we know that's all we actually need), and "their defense isn't that impressive..." (I wonder if you'll still think that when you can't score in the 2nd half?). I hope their team, just like their fans, is underestimating the Pats because they aren't all that flashy on paper. They just win. Go Pats!

Last edited:
Honestly I think the Pats are going to win because the Falcons are going to need to have everything on their offense go perfectly and will need the Patriots to mess up as well. Maybe I'm being too much of a homer but when was the last time an amazing offense completely dominated their opponent in the Super Bowl?

This is the first time anyone has paid any attention to their little team in nearly two decades. It's not surprising that they've allowed it to get to their heads. The Patriots will put an end to all of that soon, though.

I live in Atlanta. Some of the worst and most thug fans (other than Raiders and 49ers of course)

Well, that's to be expected. We're firming up in our opinions that it'll be a blowout as well. I feel the numbers and analysis favors us, but hey...we'll know Sunday night.

Honestly I think the Pats are going to win because the Falcons are going to need to have everything on their offense go perfectly and will need the Patriots to mess up as well. Maybe I'm being too much of a homer but when was the last time an amazing offense completely dominated their opponent in the Super Bowl?

That's what I was thinking as well. Even the 1999 Rams were a yard away from possibly having a different outcome.

You have to go back to the 1994 San Francisco 49ers to find a Super Bowl where a great offense blew out their opponent. Along the way are cautionary tales of defensive blowouts (2000 Ravens, 2002 Buccaneers, 2013 Seahawks), and great offenses that struggled (1990s Bills, 1999 Rams, 2001 Rams, 2007 Pats, 2011 Pats, and 2013 Broncos). As you can see, we know well the folly of expecting a great offense to be the end-all be-all for a Super Bowl victory.

I'll take 'things that are so stupid even Marshall Faulk wouldn't say them' for 500 Alex.

I really do think most of them just don't know the NFL that well. That was the impression I got from most of their posters.

On the other hand, a few of them were highly intelligent. My guess is those are the die hards; people who have been around through thick and thin and know a thing or two.

They've been constantly cutting down everything the Patriots do whether it's defensively or offensively. New threads keep popping up. The only thing I can make of it, is they're actually scared and trying to convince themselves that the falcons will win.

Don't hate on them. Most of them support Mike Vick killing his dogs-

Yeah, **** them.

Slow down that offense and we will win. I haven't seen much pressure from our d line. It's time they bring some pressure in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes