PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons board says the fix was in

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Don't forget that we slipped a double sided "heads" coin in the refs hand in OT either, that was in the script too no?

Bahaha sore losers.

The odds that the OP of that thread is right.. is about... hold on let me do my calculations.... Trillions to 1. Give or take.

Full disclosure: I am a part time statistician.

Last edited:
I guess I owe Roger Goodell an apology. Here I actually thought he was a massive, massive douchbag.

Now I find out he was just acting?! Wow.

The man must be one of he best actors the world has ever seen, because he looks really unhappy to be handing the Patriots that trophy. Really really unhappy.

Acting. Who knew?

Honestly, the people saying the Pats dominated the game from start to finish are as stupid as these guys. The Falcons choked and the Pats took advantage. Not that complicated.

If you look at some of those holds and PI calls against Atlanta, they were blatant. That hold on Long was a choke hold for chrst sake. The PI on Bennett at the end was too obvious to not call.

99.6% odds of victory cannot be rounded to 100%.

Moreover, such an analysis assumes a NORMAL opponent, not the GOAT.
These stats also don't account for the other team being the Falcons, a team that has historically defied the odds by finding a way to lose. The Falcons are like the Reverse Patriots. If anything, it was stunning the Falcons made it to the Super Bowl with the woeful coaching on display Sunday. Matt Ryan should have been better about taking sacks, but it wasn't like he played poorly. The Falcons just seemed out foxed intellectually at every turn towards the end of the game.

Our society hates the Patriots because they are smarter than other teams. Geniuses are the big bad wolf these days, and... well, heck... Belichick employs a guy from M.I.T. as his coordinator. As long as we're smarter than our opponents heading into every game, we have a slight advantage even when the ball doesn't bounce our way. If you guys ever meet someone bashing on nerds as losers, just point to the Patriots. They show that when you combine brains and hard work, you'll win.

Last edited:
Honestly, the people saying the Pats dominated the game from start to finish are as stupid as these guys. The Falcons choked and the Pats took advantage. Not that complicated.

If you look at some of those holds and PI calls against Atlanta, they were blatant. That hold on Long was a choke hold for chrst sake. The PI on Bennett at the end was too obvious to not call.

Pats weren't as bad as some people think either. They had decent drives in the first half but shot themselves in the foot with a fumble and pick 6. BB said to Chris Berman....Game declared itself by end of first quarter. Belichick said the coaching staff had a good feel for the game by the end of the first quarter, as the Falcons were playing primarily man coverage with a single-high safety. "It was a cover-1 game, absolutely," Belichick said. "We didn't have a lot of success running the ball. We were able to make enough throws outside, and that finally was the difference for us, when we were able to get the ball to the perimeter. … To me, the game declared at the end of the first quarter. It was a man-to-man game with free safety and it was an outside run game. We didn't do a great job at either one of them, but it declared early and we played it from there."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore