PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contenders for the playoffs, sure. Contenders for the super bowl, definitely not. Cleveland is a team that down the road can win the AFC crown. Baltimore, lol.
That's kind of how it works for most teams contend for the playoffs then hope that you develope (or pay for it on market) the talent to put you over the top before that window of contention closes.
Very few (really just 1) get to actually contend for a SB every year and just a handful go on multi year runs of SB contention.

Contenders for the playoffs, sure. Contenders for the super bowl, definitely not. Cleveland is a team that down the road can win the AFC crown. Baltimore, lol.

Take away the QB position, and then rank the AFC teams by talent.

If this allows McCoy to set up his family for generations with enough cash, good for him.

You realize McCoy has already made 110 million dollars in his career, right?

That's kind of how it works for most teams contend for the playoffs then hope that you develope (or pay for it on market) the talent to put you over the top before that window of contention closes.
Very few (really just 1) get to actually contend for a SB every year and just a handful go on multi year runs of SB contention.

In my view, “contender” means a team with a realistic shot at reaching the SB. To me, that’s NE, KC, and LAC in the AFC, and LAR, Philly, NO, and Chi in the NFC.

In my view, “contender” means a team with a realistic shot at reaching the SB. To me, that’s NE, KC, and LAC in the AFC, and LAR, Philly, NO, and Chi in the NFC.
Swap LAC with IND

But if I'm a free agent my list of teams needs to be longer than 6. If I were a guy like McCoy and I said I want to go to contender I don't tell my agent I will only play for a few teams instead I think you give him a list of teams you wouldn't play for the 5-10(maybe 16) teams you don't think can contend at all everyone else is in play. Then if money is close or equal I choose the 1 I think is closer to a SB or maybe I let my wife pick or I choose the city I like best or less taxes or whatever other things might be at play.

McCoy to visit Panthers later this week, as per NFLN. Is that the "3rd team" about whom we've been told?

Hope he signs with Scam Newton's team...One less talented player in our conference is fine by me.

Your definition is a patriots fan definition.

For others, who live in the real world", playing on a contending team is to play for a team with a realistic shot to be in the playoffs.

To put it another way, IMHO very few top players would restrict where they play to 7 "contending" teams.

Take away the QB position, and then rank the AFC teams by talent.

Right, the Patriots always contend for a SB every year because they have the most “talent”.

It’s not the way the coaches use the players that they have, the coaching staff’s obsessive attention detail (both techniques and potential game situations), the work ethic and fitness of the players, the players’ mental and physical toughness, their selflessness and their discipline. The NBA is all about talent so NFL has to be about that as well.

LAC have no shot of going to the Super Bowl. None. Nada. Zip!

Reason being, Phillip Rivers always has been and will continue to choke in big games. It’s what, the 4th time he’s made the playoffs in the last 10 years and has one win?

Everyone in the LA area knows they are a joke. They are very talented, but Rivers will always hold them back.

Swap LAC with IND
They’re 2nd tier. NE is in a class of their own. I’m not that high on KC given their $100M scheme change which was unnecessary, got rid of their best players on D and Tyreek Hill will eventually be cut.

Last edited:
Q: What's the difference between making $110 million and $130,000?

A: Nothing, unless you're really stupid.

The difference is $20 million, which is a big freakin' difference, regardless of one's intelligence.

Right, the Patriots always contend for a SB every year because they have the most “talent”.

It’s not the way the coaches use the players that they have, the coaching staff’s obsessive attention detail (both techniques and potential game situations), the work ethic and fitness of the players, the players’ mental and physical toughness, their selflessness and their discipline. The NBA is all about talent so NFL has to be about that as well.

Your post does nothing to change the meaning of my post. Perhaps you failed to read the post to which I was responding. I'll note this, though, in light of your response:

We have little to no idea how good, or bad, the Browns' coaching staff will be, so we can't really factor it into the equation.

The difference is $20 million, which is a big freakin' difference, regardless of one's intelligence.

It's a number in a bank, and one that will have zero impact on how you live your life, what you buy, what your kids can buy, and what your grandkids can buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back