PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsFan87

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Every year

We lose our assistants. We have some media driven idiocy. Our coach is too old and stubborn. Our qb is too old and is losing it. Our owner lies and sells us out as fans. We have no defense. We have no talent. We are lucky and everything is some type of miracle.

Yet....

We are where we wished.
We are where we always want to be.
We are where others wish to be.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

At this moment 2017 could not possibly have been any better.
We could not have accomplished any more than the 1 seed and HFA.

It’s now a 3 game season and we are in the drivers seat.
The rest is noise.

Yup, we're so spoiled that every year the regular season essentially is our pre-season.

tdVlM.gif

At this moment 2017 could not possibly have been any better.
We could not have accomplished any more than the 1 seed and HFA.

It’s now a 3 game season and we are in the drivers seat.
The rest is noise.

Ayuh! You seem logical. My thoughts exactly. :)

We lose our assistants. We have some media driven idiocy. Our coach is too old and stubborn. Our qb is too old and is losing it. Our owner lies and sells us out as fans. We have no defense. We have no talent. We are lucky and everything is some type of miracle.

Yet....

We are where we wished. We are where we always want to be. We are where others wish to be.

Kudos for the Henry IV pt II reference.......

"Then happy low, lie down. Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown".

Great play, one of Shakespeare's best.

Here's the thing. We have coaches who worked their way up from QC jobs to coordinators. No other team in the league has had the same coordinators as long as the Pats have (and #2 isn't close). Both have more than earned the right to move up to the next level. Both leave guys (O'Shea and Flores) who by any standard would be qualified to move up.

Now compare this to the almost total turnover in Seattle, and the mediots want to paint the PATS as the team that is falling apart. :rolleyes: We are the team that have "the rats leaving the ship". :rolleyes: And we are the team that has already accomplished what 90% of the rest of the league would consider a successful season. Yet anything short of a Superbowl win, and the mediots will lead with stories about how the Brady/Bellichick conflict sabotaged the Pats season. :rolleyes:

They are killing any enjoyment fans can derive from a victory. Guys like Shaunnessy artificially build up the Pats, dismiss their opponents, and raise the bar so high; just so if they lose they can gleefully tear them down. And if they win, they can downplay their accomplishment.

What the Pats have accomplished over the last 18years in this system, will never be equalled, and most fans, even some of ours, will NEVER appreciate just how hard it is to maintain excellence

God, I'm ranting again. I think it's because I came in 4th in a poker tournament that only pays the top 3. :eek:

Here's the thing. We have coaches who worked their way up from QC jobs to coordinators. No other team in the league has had the same coordinators as long as the Pats have (and #2 isn't close). Both have more than earned the right to move up to the next level. Both leave guys (O'Shea and Flores) who by any standard would be qualified to move up.

Now compare this to the almost total turnover in Seattle, and the mediots want to paint the PATS as the team that is falling apart. :rolleyes: We are the team that have "the rats leaving the ship". :rolleyes: And we are the team that has already accomplished what 90% of the rest of the league would consider a successful season. Yet anything short of a Superbowl win, and the mediots will lead with stories about how the Brady/Bellichick conflict sabotaged the Pats season. :rolleyes:

They are killing any enjoyment fans can derive from a victory. Guys like Shaunnessy artificially build up the Pats, dismiss their opponents, and raise the bar so high; just so if they lose they can gleefully tear them down. And if they win, they can downplay their accomplishment.

What the Pats have accomplished over the last 18years in this system, will never be equalled, and most fans, even some of ours, will NEVER appreciate just how hard it is to maintain excellence

God, I'm ranting again. I think it's because I came in 4th in a poker tournament that only pays the top 3. :eek:

Actually make that a third. Though I am on the fence with you.

Explain to me why I didn't get the invite for a good local Texas hold am game?

Every game the patriots have played in since 2001 has been a meaningful football game (except when their seeding has been locked up maybe two or three games tops). I never take it for granted, it will be gone at some point and we will be just a regular team, but for now I will appreciate every game.

Every game the patriots have played in since 2001 has been a meaningful football game (except when their seeding has been locked up maybe two or three games tops). I never take it for granted, it will be gone at some point and we will be just a regular team, but for now I will appreciate every game.

You know what would suck? If it is never gone. Then we would have to worry about when it will be gone for eternity. :eek:

Actually make that a third. Though I am on the fence with you.

Explain to me why I didn't get the invite for a good local Texas hold am game?
Google the eastern poker tour that runs from southern NH to RI, from Worcester to Boston. It's bar poker. $20 gets you a buffet meal plus a chance to beat 35-4o other guys for a chance to win $120 ($60 for 2nd, $20 for 3rd). When more than 40 show up the payout is more. Top 16 get point. wins and point get you into monthly tournament where you can win $2500 and annual tournaments where you can win 10-15K.

It's competitive poker in a relaxed atmosphere that close to your home. It's fun, social. and convenient. If you live in the area I mentioned, google "bar poker" in your area. They have them all over the country. I play about 5-6 times a month, and usually get to the final table.

Google the eastern poker tour that runs from southern NH to RI, from Worcester to Boston. It's bar poker. $20 gets you a buffet meal plus a chance to beat 35-4o other guys for a chance to win $120 ($60 for 2nd, $20 for 3rd). When more than 40 show up the payout is more. Top 16 get point. wins and point get you into monthly tournament where you can win $2500 and annual tournaments where you can win 10-15K.

It's competitive poker in a relaxed atmosphere that close to your home. It's fun, social. and convenient. If you live in the area I mentioned, google "bar poker" in your area. They have them all over the country. I play about 5-6 times a month, and usually get to the final table.

You can't even have fun without being useful... ;)

Also this is why I am not a "businessman".

I would have a sign over the food table that says "the Bluffet"

Last edited:
Every year

Yet....

We are where we wished.
We are where we always want to be.
We are where others wish to be.

As you and others have said, the Patriots achieved the best regular season goal possible. Next step is to achieve the best post season goal possible -- with part of that process the act of tuning out, as best as possible, the scribbling and typing noise which is always there for the Patriots in one form or another.

You know what would suck? If it is never gone. Then we would have to worry about when it will be gone for eternity. :eek:

I have to post this, sorry! Wed. night's episode of the new X-Files, in a parallel cyber world, a ghost friend of Mulder said at one point, in his world it is great because, "the Patriots never win...ever!" I couldn't believe it! Me and my wife laughed like crazy!!
(We've had season tix since '86, BTW.)

I have to post this, sorry! Wed. night's episode of the new X-Files, in a parallel cyber world, a ghost friend of Mulder said at one point, in his world it is great because, "the Patriots never win...ever!" I couldn't believe it! Me and my wife laughed like crazy!!
(We've had season tix since '86, BTW.)

I don't watch that show but is it just me or is Gillian Anderson getting hotter the older she gets?

Mostly you just gotta tune that crap out. One part that I have to work extra hard to ignore though, is that these same people have been predicting doom and gloom and "the beginning of the end" for about 10 years now, pretty much ever since Brady's injury. Eventually, someday, they will be right, and they will proclaim how they saw it coming, and how delusional all the Patriots fans were that they were so BLIND to the truth right before their eyes. And everyone outside of NE (and many within) will applaud them for calling us out on our insufferable homerism, completely ignoring that whenever the ONE year they are right comes around, they will have been wrong at least 10 before that. The score for them AT BEST will be 10-1.

I don't watch that show but is it just me or is Gillian Anderson getting hotter the older she gets?

I prefer her younger, natural self to the cobbling of surgeries she has become. She's still better looking than me, don't get me wrong. But no, I don't agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back