PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you and others have said, the Patriots achieved the best regular season goal possible. Next step is to achieve the best post season goal possible -- with part of that process the act of tuning out, as best as possible, the scribbling and typing noise which is always there for the Patriots in one form or another.
Well said....

Expected success is never as sweet. It is our curse.

Last edited:
Every year

We lose our assistants. We have some media driven idiocy. Our coach is too old and stubborn. Our qb is too old and is losing it. Our owner lies and sells us out as fans. We have no defense. We have no talent. We are lucky and everything is some type of miracle.

Yet....

We are where we wished.
We are where we always want to be.
We are where others wish to be.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
every year we lose our assistants?

every year we lose our assistants?

Was thinking the same thing. I think every year, we are rumored to lose our assistants, but so far our coaching turnover is pretty low.

As you and others have said, the Patriots achieved the best regular season goal possible. Next step is to achieve the best post season goal possible -- with part of that process the act of tuning out, as best as possible, the scribbling and typing noise which is always there for the Patriots in one form or another.
16-0

It's just you

gillian-anderson-at-75th-annual-golden-globe-awards-in-beverly-hills-01-07-2018-9_thumbnail.jpg
CHRIST! In my defense I have only seen the previews of the show this season. Good from far, but far from good. Definitely hotter when she was younger.

CHRIST! In my defense I have only seen the previews of the show this season. Good from far, but far from good. Definitely hotter when she was younger.

No defense needed. A lot of aging Hollywood-type celebrity chicks still look good when they've got the makeup on just right, and have good lighting, only to look horrible when the lighting's off or it's a bad/no makeup day. I still have nightmares of the first time I saw Eva Longoria without makeup, and that was when she was a lot younger than today.

No defense needed. A lot of aging Hollywood-type celebrity chicks still look good when they've got the makeup on just right, and have good lighting, only to look horrible when the lighting's off or it's a bad/no makeup day. I still have nightmares of the first time I saw Eva Longoria without makeup, and that was when she was a lot younger than today.
Mila Kunis too...

wearing-a-hoodie-photo-u1

She’s hot alright, maybe I’m older but I still know what I’m looking at... I hope

If too many say otherwise I’ll have to book an appt with the optometrist. Give me a break guys and just say she looks good

Every game the patriots have played in since 2001 has been a meaningful football game (except when their seeding has been locked up maybe two or three games tops). I never take it for granted, it will be gone at some point and we will be just a regular team, but for now I will appreciate every game.

A better way to put it is that for 17 years and counting, NE has never had a meaningless last game of its overall season.

I didn't know it's Thanksgiving already again... o_O

I kid I kid... For us Pats fans, every day is Thanksgiving... :D

Here's the thing. We have coaches who worked their way up from QC jobs to coordinators. No other team in the league has had the same coordinators as long as the Pats have (and #2 isn't close). Both have more than earned the right to move up to the next level. Both leave guys (O'Shea and Flores) who by any standard would be qualified to move up.

Now compare this to the almost total turnover in Seattle, and the mediots want to paint the PATS as the team that is falling apart. :rolleyes: We are the team that have "the rats leaving the ship". :rolleyes: And we are the team that has already accomplished what 90% of the rest of the league would consider a successful season. Yet anything short of a Superbowl win, and the mediots will lead with stories about how the Brady/Bellichick conflict sabotaged the Pats season. :rolleyes:

They are killing any enjoyment fans can derive from a victory. Guys like Shaunnessy artificially build up the Pats, dismiss their opponents, and raise the bar so high; just so if they lose they can gleefully tear them down. And if they win, they can downplay their accomplishment.

What the Pats have accomplished over the last 18years in this system, will never be equalled, and most fans, even some of ours, will NEVER appreciate just how hard it is to maintain excellence

God, I'm ranting again. I think it's because I came in 4th in a poker tournament that only pays the top 3. :eek:
Throughout our history, including last century, I remember countless big wins, a lot of them impressive and dominant, which were accurately reported in the papers.

Used to be, the off-field stuff and shenanigans were largely true, mostly due to Billy Sullivan, but at least the stories, like those involving John Hannah, were true.

After Hog's retirement, the big Patriots stories were just made up...local sportswriters have their own personal vendettas against the franchise, and it was common knowledge that Sullivan's financial house of cards was on the verge of collapse, and the local mediots chose to pile on as much as they could, setting the trend for national media and enabling the league to far more easily invoke its will on the franchise.

The Lisa Olson stupidity is definitely a precursor to the future Fake-Gates; but really, even today they continue to try to denigrate and dismiss our success in 1974, when we established ourselves as serious contenders in the modern era.

Now, everybody, including the old Celtics of the sixties, had to put up with media hysteria, and silly rumors and speculations. But, it's amplified exponentially with the Patriots...not to mention league denigration and stolen #1 draft picks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back