Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Jarrett Stidham...

• Could start right now, and is probably our starter within the next 24 months

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • ... is bridge starter, could handle himself at an average or so level while we figure out the future

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • ... is an emergency starter, he's got some ability but we hope never to see him starting regularly

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • ... is a project starter, things need to fall right for this guy to be effective

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • ... is career backup, he's here to hold a clipboard and nothing more

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I honestly have no idea what Jarrett Stidham is

Votes: 62 52.5%
  • Ray Lewis killed Jarrett Stidham

Votes: 18 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stidhan has thrown 3 passes against the Jets and one against the Redskins, none of which are memorable.. and we are evaluating him on that "massive body" of evidence + what some sports scribes have said..

It is gonna be a loooooong off season, about 4 weeks longer than we are used to..

Depressing.

An update from the little info we have from people in the know:

Positive

Louis Riddick was a fan of Stidham last preseason. He claims he’s not ready to start but the pats like his upside.

Matt Miller has stated multiple times in his scouting notebooks that the pats are not looking at QBs in the draft in part to how they view Stidham.

Negative

I do not have a membership to Bedard’s website but he’s said that the pats do not view him as ready. Anyone that is a member could elaborate further.

Charlie Weis

Can’t find a quote but 98.5 reiterated that Weis stated he has sources that Stidham is not ready/not the guy.

Stidham tale is two-part. At times he looked the part of a 1st Rd prospect. Poised, calm, accurate. Talked abt this with Joe Burrow Brady/Trevor Lawrence. Joe really let the play develop and come to him but took it upon himself to make it happen when he needed to. You saw a decent amount of that early on from Stidham. A bit late coming off his first read at times. Generally think he has what it takes to be a good surveyor of the field.

Mechanics are generally solid. At times has trouble resetting if moved off his spot/platform. Back foot was a bit late. Generally good tho. Compact quick release but had a lil hitch at times.

Really nice touch on certain passes. Always thought he threw a pretty ball esp on stick n shoot passes, throws predetermined. Decent fast ball, has a change up to drop it in a bucket at times.

The big concern was folding under pressure. I think a lot of it had to do with the offense he was in. They didn't help him and make it easy. Bad OL. No adjustments from the previous year and teams were ready for Auburn big time.

We basically ignored the bad and took a shot at the good Stidham. Which I love. It's abt what a guy can do not what he can't. Even if he's a career bu great value in the 4th. I had a 3rd on him so again I like it from that pov.

He's someone that will need a lot around him to succeed. Can't expect him to carry the load def not at first. OL most important thing by far. He has to really trust those guys to ease his jumpyness at times. Let him know there's legit protection, guys have his back.

Lot of upside but a lot of work.
Was gonna say exactly the same thing ;-)

All joking aside, Stidham was definitely highly thought of going into his last year of college. As the great draft guru BaconGrundleCandy states above, his offensive line was quit shoddy his last year. If I may add a key factor to his rough last college season, he lost RB Kerryon Johnson to the 2018 draft. That was a HUGE loss for him. Johnson was such a key player in the offense the prior year. They had virtually no running game. Therefore the play action suffered big time.

I'm not taking the blame away from Stidham, he had his moments where he was to blame, but he really had a supporting cast that wasn't anything to be excited about. Also, there was a ton of dropped passes by Auburn receivers that year.

My take on Stidham, is we got a 1st round talent in the 4th round. There is no denying his talent. It's all about cultivating that talent, and his own will and drive to succeed. In the college games I watched, he was very impressive, in the preseason games, I thought he was the best Pat's rookie I've seen since Jimmy G, maybe even better.

I do not have a membership to Bedard’s website but he’s said that the pats do not view him as ready. Anyone that is a member could elaborate further.
That’s basically all. “he really needs another season”

upload_2020-2-12_11-36-9.jpeg

Kennedy Stidham > Gisele? :)

This offseason is going to seem much, much longer than usual.

Beautiful couple
Hope Stidham proves all his doubters wrong

Who are Stifham’s doubters? Maybe it’s a guy who is in another thread clamoring for them to trade for Blake Bortles, Marcus Mariota, Nick Foles, and/or....(wait for it)...Andrew Luck!

You see the irony here, right? You’re the only one on here absolutely selling selling your soul for some shtty QB like Bortles or unrealistic QB like Luck, and then you reference Stidham’s doubters. Lolololololololol.

Who are Stifham’s doubters? Maybe it’s a guy who is in another thread clamoring for them to trade for Blake Bortles, Marcus Mariota, Nick Foles, and/or....(wait for it)...Andrew Luck!

You see the irony here, right? You’re the only one on here absolutely selling selling your soul for some shtty QB like Bortles or unrealistic QB like Luck, and then you reference Stidham’s doubters. Lolololololololol.
I am choosing to believe Weis that they want Stidham to sit for a year.

This is what it's all about in a nutshell. All the "he's not ready" B.S. is just that -- he never will be "ready" until he actually plays and gets experience under fire taking all the usual lumps along the way. Just like Brady did. Just like Bledsoe did. Garoppolo, etc. You can't expect a guy like this to be great out of the chute; maybe competent by late in the season and maybe pretty damn good by 2021. No "bridge" veteran is going to make a difference or is needed.

This is what it's all about in a nutshell. All the "he's not ready" B.S. is just that -- he never will be "ready" until he actually plays and gets experience under fire taking all the usual lumps along the way. Just like Brady did. Just like Bledsoe did. Garoppolo, etc. You can't expect a guy like this to be great out of the chute; maybe competent by late in the season and maybe pretty damn good by 2021. No "bridge" veteran is going to make a difference or is needed.

Yep, the kid is quite talented, with really the major known concern being whether he can handle pressure.

Yep, the kid is quite talented, with really the major known concern being whether he can handle pressure.
There is only one way to find out and riding the bench another year isn't going to improve things.

An update from the little info we have from people in the know:

Positive

Louis Riddick was a fan of Stidham last preseason. He claims he’s not ready to start but the pats like his upside.

Matt Miller has stated multiple times in his scouting notebooks that the pats are not looking at QBs in the draft in part to how they view Stidham.

Negative

Charlie Weis

Can’t find a quote but 98.5 reiterated that Weis stated he has sources that Stidham is not ready/not the guy.

what did it say Brady wanted

what did it say Brady wanted

Basically respect from the org he signs with, a chance at another ring with the appropriate weapons, money.

I was at Gillette for the Jets game in week 3 and that INT thrown to Jamal Adams was really really bad....even I know to not toss the ball where Adams is....
Brady's pick 6 against Miami might have been a worse read/throw.

Sample sizes and all...

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing