Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Jarrett Stidham...

• Could start right now, and is probably our starter within the next 24 months

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • ... is bridge starter, could handle himself at an average or so level while we figure out the future

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • ... is an emergency starter, he's got some ability but we hope never to see him starting regularly

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • ... is a project starter, things need to fall right for this guy to be effective

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • ... is career backup, he's here to hold a clipboard and nothing more

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I honestly have no idea what Jarrett Stidham is

Votes: 62 52.5%
  • Ray Lewis killed Jarrett Stidham

Votes: 18 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry Andy Dalton blows.....BB isn’t bringing him in here I’m how

McDaniels is reportedly a huge fan of Mariota and Bortles.
That makes the most sense to me if we go bridge.
Andy Dalton doesn't make sense to me unless BB feels his talents are being squandered.
Foles interests me because of the clutch Gene and the fact he played so we'll against us I know I know Jordan Richards but Foles could come and be a starter for at least 2 seasons here.

Yes he was a rookie

That's the only way we'll know whether he's the guy or not. And I doubt we'll know what his ceiling is after one year. Although I'm sure some here will know after the first quarter of week 1.

Last edited:
Just saying he made a bad overthrow, take it for what it's worth. Not putting any kind of stock in anything, just saying to tap on the brakes a bit here.

And it wasn't me saying it was his back foot.
One pass ....hard to evaluate future on that ....I agree

Stidham tale is two-part. At times he looked the part of a 1st Rd prospect. Poised, calm, accurate. Talked abt this with Joe Burrow Brady/Trevor Lawrence. Joe really let the play develop and come to him but took it upon himself to make it happen when he needed to. You saw a decent amount of that early on from Stidham. A bit late coming off his first read at times. Generally think he has what it takes to be a good surveyor of the field.

Mechanics are generally solid. At times has trouble resetting if moved off his spot/platform. Back foot was a bit late. Generally good tho. Compact quick release but had a lil hitch at times.

Really nice touch on certain passes. Always thought he threw a pretty ball esp on stick n shoot passes, throws predetermined. Decent fast ball, has a change up to drop it in a bucket at times.

The big concern was folding under pressure. I think a lot of it had to do with the offense he was in. They didn't help him and make it easy. Bad OL. No adjustments from the previous year and teams were ready for Auburn big time.

We basically ignored the bad and took a shot at the good Stidham. Which I love. It's abt what a guy can do not what he can't. Even if he's a career bu great value in the 4th. I had a 3rd on him so again I like it from that pov.

He's someone that will need a lot around him to succeed. Can't expect him to carry the load def not at first. OL most important thing by far. He has to really trust those guys to ease his jumpyness at times. Let him know there's legit protection, guys have his back.

Lot of upside but a lot of work.

Good overall post....but in regards to Burrow he had a kicka$$ OL.....I think he will be incredible IF Cincy invests in great OL and a lot of weapons.....a lot of ? here....I think Stidham could be very good fit here....we shall see

Good overall post....but in regards to Burrow he had a kicka$$ OL.....I think he will be incredible IF Cincy invests in great OL and a lot of weapons.....a lot of ? here....I think Stidham could be very good fit here....we shall see
Absolutely, LSU OL was top 5, top 10 easy. They were straight up bodying defenders. JB took full advantage but was also a monster when the play broke down, pressured or just buying time. He was as good as I've ever seen connecting for big plays or even just a + play when he looked dead in the water. He was special this year.

And you're right about what Cinci should do. 100% OL, OL, OL. Build an athletic, nasty OL first. Smart, athletic guys that can move. Find weapons in rounds 2-4.

They have 33, 65 & 97 fwiw. Was hoping they might be a trade partner.

BB drafted him

BB did not have anyone behind him this past year

Patriots have given positive remarks about his improvement over the season.

I have a feeling he's our starting qb beginning next year. If last year's preseason was any indication, he's capable of leading a basic schemed offense much like Brady in 2001. There's nothing from what my eyes have gathered which would indicate he would be ineffective.

Yeah, right. This was same BS "praise" as Danny Etling... Then, they tried him as a WR... Then, he was cut...

o_O

Yeah, right. This was same BS "praise" as Danny Etling... Then, they tried him as a WR... Then, he was cut...

o_O

I think they legitimately liked Etling. So not BS from that standpoint but I know what you mean.

Too much Gunslinger in Stidham...he looks like an INT waiting to happen...

Last edited:
Cannon arm with wheels

Meat eater

Won’t pose with farm animals

Doesn’t cross legs on a water slide and squeal like a prepubescent

Prefers wallet over man purse

Refuses to wear wide flair collared trench coats with cinching waste belts

Only chicks massage his glutes

Will only endorse fast food, soda, booze, and auto insurers

Will not dress like James Bond in a commercial and mount a mattress
————————————-

Stid the Kid

Last edited:

o_O
No, not even close. You haven't been paying attention.

You're joking right? Lmao
Giselle was a super model by 22. This girl is 23 and nobody's heard of her, despite being named Kennedy and married to a rookie backup QB.
Not only a super model, but the highest paid super model in the world.

We have to go with Jarrett.

According to the homers on Patsfan, he's the next... well, Tom Brady. According to the history of 4th round picks, he'll be a career backup at best.

According to the homers on Patsfan, he's the next... well, Tom Brady. According to the history of 4th round picks, he'll be a career backup at best.

Could you specifically cite which “homers” referred to Stidham as the next Tom Brady? It shouldn’t be too difficult since it’s this very thread, right? And of course you wouldn’t accuse others of exaggerating when in fact you’re the one who’s exaggerating and making things up??

Last edited:
Could you specifically cite which “homers” referred to Stidham as the next atom Brady? Not shouldn’t be too difficult since it’s this very thread, right? And of course you wouldn’t accuse others of exaggerating when in fact you’re the one who’s exaggerating and making things up??

Don't worry, I'm not talking about you. You're way too great of a poster for me to question.

It's fortunate for Brady that you weren't running the team back then.

But he knows where things are. For instance, that Kansas City is in the state of Missouri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes