PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN writer: Pats the most interesting team of the offseason

If he does something stupid like that then he deserves to see his team miss the playoffs for the rest of the decade and there's an excellent chance that will happen too.
And i also bet that half the fan base and mediots locally will say "They understand his decision and there is merit to it and agree to it". Borges will pen a novel around it. Its like the backup QB syndrome, when your QB isnt producing everyone wants to see a change in QB. Only to realize he might suck more.

I agree. Bill will do the same thing he did before and during Brady's years - go after the mid level FA who's he may be familiar with. There may be a big FA Bill covets that he will spend top dollar for (Colvin, Thomas, and Gilmore). Which guy could you see Bill surprising us and giving a big contract to? I was shocked at the Gilmore signing and didn't think he was that great in Buffalo. Loved the Colvin and Thomas signings.

My surprise big contract is to Leonard Williams or LaVonte David. I like Trey Hendrickson as an under the radar pickup.
What he did before was on a tight budget.
He now has more money by far than he ever has had before.

Look at it this way:
Why do the patriots have a ton of cap room now and in past years almost never had any to speak of?

Because in last years the high cap slots were filled by players already here. This year they will be filled with free agents.
The patriots always have had as many players as anyone else in the top cap bracket. They just had them in house and their “free agents” were keeping their own or already having extended them. This year those slots are open so of course he is going to bring in top talent because he knows better than anyone that you need top rating to win. He also knows far better than anyone that you need depth and role players too.

What he did before was on a tight budget.
He now has more money by far than he ever has had before.

Look at it this way:
Why do the patriots have a ton of cap room now and in past years almost never had any to speak of?

Because in last years the high cap slots were filled by players already here. This year they will be filled with free agents.
The patriots always have had as many players as anyone else in the top cap bracket. They just had them in house and their “free agents” were keeping their own or already having extended them. This year those slots are open so of course he is going to bring in top talent because he knows better than anyone that you need top rating to win. He also knows far better than anyone that you need depth and role players too.
They had a ton of cap in 2009 and I remember in the ESPN chat days, Mike Reiss had no answers as to why BB didn't spend any money.

Bob should worry less about what the media says about the coach and be more concerned with not hiring morons that point cameras at other teams sidelines and cost his team draft picks.
BB probably has copies of the tapes of Bob in Wild Orchid or Shangri-Lube or whatever it is.

Pats are 2-3 yrs away from building a SB team. Until then there is going to be a lot of pain and agita. Brace yourself. 2001 was an abnormality.

We felt further away from a SB team at the end of 2000 than we do now, so I'll never count out Bill and his staff.

Definitely tough to imagine us vying for a title next year, but the right QB (Fitz), shoring up some positions, and a reduced pandemic impact on our team's ability to gameplan and implement that gameplan every week I could definitely see us netting enough wins to get into the playoffs.

We felt further away from a SB team at the end of 2000 than we do now, so I'll never count out Bill and his staff.

Definitely tough to imagine us vying for a title next year, but the right QB (Fitz), shoring up some positions, and a reduced pandemic impact on our team's ability to gameplan and implement that gameplan every week I could definitely see us netting enough wins to get into the playoffs.
Should trade for Keenum, if we get weaponszzzz and at least bring back Andrews. Offense will be pretty good.

You're right. I must be mixing it up with another year.

There really has never been a year where they left cap space on the table beyond a necessary cushion.

They have so much space and it's a year where teams don't have much. Where is this idea the Patriots aren't going to do anything and wait 3 years coming from?

This is a perfect year to get some quality players for less than they normally would get and reload

Where is this idea the Patriots aren't going to do anything and wait 3 years coming from?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's coming from your post where you made up something absolutely nobody was saying.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back