PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Decker - AFC East up for grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Rex Ryan publicly quitting on the division crown at barely the halfway point of the season was even worse. How the hell do you, as a professional football coach, tell your team that? Even if it is true, you never quit. The Dolphins certainly didn't and they were within reach until last week. Because of that, they have the 6th seed currently and Rex is being rumored to be fired. Christ almighty.

I think Rex Ryan publicly quitting on the division crown at barely the halfway point of the season was even worse. How the hell do you, as a professional football coach, tell your team that? Even if it is true, you never quit. The Dolphins certainly didn't and they were within reach until last week. Because of that, they have the 6th seed currently and Rex is being rumored to be fired. Christ almighty.

I hope for Rex's sake, he ends up as a d coordinator for an alpha dog coach. I truly think he can coach, he just can't lead.

Those are two very distinct skills that Rex clearly doesn't have.

I hope for Rex's sake, he ends up as a d coordinator for an alpha dog coach. I truly think he can coach, he just can't lead.

I don't think he can coach.
His defenses have had athletic talent, yet are inconsistent over a 16 game season.
What he CAN do is come up with a game plan or two a year that is effective. Shoots his creative wad once a year vs the Patriots, otherwise he under achieves about half the season.

The next time an AFCE team other than the Pats wins the division without tiebreakers will be the first since TFB became the starter.

He hasn't shown me that he is an effective coach. What he excels at is telling you how good he is. But when you get out in the field, not so much.

I don't think he can coach.
His defenses have had athletic talent, yet are inconsistent over a 16 game season.
What he CAN do is come up with a game plan or two a year that is effective. Shoots his creative wad once a year vs the Patriots, otherwise he under achieves about half the season.
I don't even think it's that. I think he coaches with he ego and us stupidly aggressive and calls risky defenses.
Everything works sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes