PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of an era at Penn State.

I have a friend going to Penn State and all the other SPORTS teams are boycotting their next games (like womens volleyball etc) My dad was recruited by this man to play WR (he chose Dartmouth instead PSU had no hockey, just club).

How they treated Joe PA was a DISGRACE. They posted an ENVELOPE on his house's door in it was info to call a phone #... Papa Joe was FIRED by the way of a TELEPHONE Call. He was FIRED right before Senior day and they couldn't allow him to do SR. day and then RETIRE???

this is BULL*HIT and a disgrace.

the kids have flipped over a couple media fans. I know of 1.:):):)

Joe should have done more... What about the AD what aboutthe VP and the President that were informed??? Those ppl are the ones at fault and should take extreme HEAT. PSU allowed Sanphucky to have full previledges on campus, despite him leaving the football realm.

What about the JANITORS that witnessed a different rape and never went to the authorities; these men were FIRED 8 months later (they reported it to their Boss who relayed it to upper channels)

At least you still have your childhood.

This doesn't completely absolve him of guilt, but I can't tell you what I would do if I saw something that repellant. Moreover, this was a situation where he could potentially have been committing career suicide by coming forward.

I don't have tons of sympathy for any of the adults in this situation, but I have the least enmity for McQueary.

What did Dr. King say, that the true measure of a man is not where he stand in time of convenience but in times of crisis.......If I were running Penn State, McQueary would have been fired yesterday and told to pick up his stuff at the curb. He is now in charge of recruiting. would you let him in your house to tell you to send your child there to play sports and get an education and that they (administration) will take care of him. Like you took care of that innocent victim???
Could you live with the shame or cowardice of not acting...at the least, yell at him and it likely would have stopped the assault....

If JoePa knew what Skandusky was doing and looked the other way and helped to cover it up, the only disgrace will be that JoePa doesn't go to jail. I am sorry, but I see nothing wrong with what he did based on the evidence indicates that Joe Pa probably knew a lot more than he was letting on.

On what basis would he go to jail? Obviously, he was wrong not to say anything, but when did it become a crime to not pass on every rumor you hear directly to the police?

I would have physically intervened between the child and the rapist, subdued him, and then dragged him to the police station. Weighing your career path while watching a rape occur? Really?

Have you heard of Kitty Genovese? Nothing to risk, there, and no one got involved.

I'm not saying I support him; I'm simply stating that I can see how his actions came about. I do think he should lose his job over this (as should pretty much everyone at PSU who knew about any of Sandusky's "extracurriculars").

Last edited:
Why am I not surprised you would say this ?

Paterno is the disgrace and if the laws were right he'd be in jail. The only question is whether he lives long enough to answer to the civil lawsuits heading his way.

Christ, even Paterno says he wishes he had done more.

I bet he does. Penn State is i'n a heap of trouble and according to some, it's going to get worse.

Every single one of those idiot protesting students is a national embarrassment.

TheSolderKing;2784936]I have a friend going to Penn State and all the other SPORTS teams are boycotting their next games (like womens volleyball etc) My dad was recruited by this man to play WR (he chose Dartmouth instead PSU had no hockey, just club).

How they treated Joe PA was a DISGRACE. They posted an ENVELOPE on his house's door in it was info to call a phone #... Papa Joe was FIRED by the way of a TELEPHONE Call. He was FIRED right before Senior day and they couldn't allow him to do SR. day and then RETIRE???

Joe should have done more... What about the AD what about the VP and the President that were informed??? Those ppl are the ones at fault and should take extreme HEAT. PSU allowed Sanphucky to have full privileges on campus, despite him leaving the football realm.

What about the JANITORS that witnessed a different rape and never went to the authorities; these men were FIRED 8 months later (they reported it to their Boss who relayed it to upper channels)

you have my unedited version quoted I added more... ^^^

On what basis would he go to jail? Obviously, he was wrong not to say anything, but when did it become a crime to not pass on every rumor you hear directly to the police?

If he knew he was raping children and helped to hide the fact, then he is an accessory. The question is did he have direct knowledge or just heard a rumor.

As PatsfaninPhilly points out, there are inconsistencies in his testimony and others. That means also he might have purgered himself. That might mean that JoePa knew a lot more than he is letting on. Granted proving that is another thing.

Last edited:

Someone telling you what they saw with their own two eyes is not a RUMOR. Are you kidding? And let's not forget that Sandusky retired in 1999. At age 55. Why? This was after the 1998 allegations. Hmmmmm, I wonder why that would be......

There is a lot more to this story.

TheSolderKing;2784936]I have a friend going to Penn State and all the other SPORTS teams are boycotting their next games (like womens volleyball etc) My dad was recruited by this man to play WR (he chose Dartmouth instead PSU had no hockey, just club).

Joe should have done more... What about the AD what about the VP and the President that were informed??? Those ppl are the ones at fault and should take extreme HEAT. PSU allowed Sanphucky to have full privileges on campus, despite him leaving the football realm.

you have my unedited version quoted I added more... ^^^

I suggest you read the transcripts and muddle over why Sandusky might have been fired in 1999.

Someone telling you what they saw with their own two eyes is not a RUMOR. Are you kidding? And let's not forget that Sandusky retired in 1999. At age 55. Why? This was after the 1998 allegations. Hmmmmm, I wonder why that would be......

There is a lot more to this story.

And he NEVER coached again elsewhere. A guy with his pedigree should have been able to land a plum job anywhere unless.......a lot more people knew what was going on.......

At least you still have your childhood.

yes... what about these men AD, VP, President? Need I include the JANITORS that witnessed another case??? They reported it to their boss who then relayed it up the chain. What about the men I mentioned in POWER and their reluctance to step forward and GET rid of the peddy?? how are the Janitors viewed??? The rapist maintained ALL of his on campus privileges despite him leaving football.:bricks::bricks::bricks:

the Janitors were FIRED 8 months after making their REPORT. Know the story plz

blame Joe... just realize he is the least person at fault.

Last edited:
And he NEVER coached again elsewhere. A guy with his pedigree should have been able to land a plum job anywhere unless.......a lot more people knew what was going on.......
Exactly! This guy was considered a great coach, an heir apparent to Paterno. Then suddenly, he retires out of the blue and never coaches again anywhere else? You cannot tell me that Paterno didn't know way more about his good buddy than he is saying. It is flat out unbelievable.

Have you heard of Kitty Genovese? Nothing to risk, there, and no one got involved.

I'm not saying I support him; I'm simply stating that I can see how his actions came about.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make using the Kitty Genovese example? IF someone intervened that night, she may have survived. If McCreary intervened that day, this monster would have been off the streets a decade ago. McCreary walked away from a rape...he let it continue to happen.

yes... what about these men AD, VP, President? Need I include the JANITORS that witnessed another case??? They reported it to their boss who then relayed it up the chain what about their reluctance to step forward and GET rid of the peddy??? The dude nmaintained ALL of his on campus privileges despite him leaving football.:bricks::bricks::bricks:

blame Joe... just realize he is the least at fault imo.
Oh, believe me, I blame everyone. I think they all should be fired. By telephone or otherwise.

However, Paterno was the most powerful man on that campus.Accordingly, he should have reported it to police or had the grad assistant do so, and he should have followed up. When he saw Sanduky wandering around on campus enjoying his privileges, did it ever occur to him to ask an official, hey, WTF ever happened with that incident? No, he just turned his head and DIDN'T CARE. As long as the precious football program and his stupid legacy live on, to hell with everything else.

Exactly! This guy was considered a great coach, an heir apparent to Paterno. Then suddenly, he retires out of the blue and never coaches again anywhere else? You cannot tell me that Paterno didn't know way more about his good buddy than he is saying. It is flat out unbelievable.

Sandusky walked the campus for a decade after being fired with impunity. What does he know that would carry that kind of authority after being fired?

yes... what about these men AD, VP, President? Need I include the JANITORS that witnessed another case??? They reported it to their boss who then relayed it up the chain. What about the men I mentioned in POWER and their reluctance to step forward and GET rid of the peddy?? how are the Janitors viewed??? The rapist maintained ALL of his on campus privileges despite him leaving football.:bricks::bricks::bricks:

the Janitors were FIRED 8 months after making their REPORT. Know the story plz

blame Joe... just realize he is the least person at fault.

You are a complete idiot

Sandusky walked the campus for a decade after being fired with impunity. What does he know that would carry that kind of authority after being fired?

It could also be that he knew it was safer for PSU to try and sweep things under the rug then deal with pesky questions if he were never allowed on campus again. I mean, this guy was getting away with things for years.

Last edited:
You don't know if you would ??? WTF ???

A legal activity that Roger didn't like vs. the second worst crime (second to murder) that can be committed.

Mike McQueary should be going to jail, he SAW anal i(you finish it off) and did nothing other than tell Daddy the next day a decade ago. And he will be on the sidelines on Saturday.

Penn State should burn in hell.
Honestly, in my mind, this crime isn't second to murder. It's worse. Sometimes I agree with Bob Ryan and sometimes I don't. But this morning he was right when he wrote, "A special circle of Hades (Hell) should indeed be the eternal resting place of child molesters."

Oh, believe me, I blame everyone. I think they all should be fired. By telephone or otherwise.

However, Paterno was the most powerful man on that campus.Accordingly, he should have reported it to police or had the grad assistant do so, and he should have followed up. When he saw Sanduky wandering around on campus enjoying his privileges, did it ever occur to him to ask an official, hey, WTF ever happened with that incident? No, he just turned his head and DIDN'T CARE. As long as the precious football program and his stupid legacy live on, to hell with everything else.

A lot of EGO is involved. The ADMINISTRATION is the most at fault for not BANNING him completely.

Joe SHOULD have gone to the authorities... so shouldn't the others that I mentioned[AD, VP,P Janitors]. Joe PHUCKED up, but at least he had the decency to REPORT to some SUPERIOR channel [ the Janitors did so, but the Scumbag administration did NOTHING]. The Cops should HAVE been #1, but everything looks BEAUTIFUL in hindsight. Joe should have gone to the Cops. I WOULD have.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back