PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of an era at Penn State.

He should have been fired long ago, this is not a sugar coated sex abuse case it is a child rape case..

If he had any decency at all he would have stepped down on Monday or Tuesday. That and he would have called the cops about the abuse. Sick ****

They have been killing him on Imus all week. I have enjoyed that.

Last edited:
I'd like to ask: How on earth are these Penn State kids rioting in SUPPORT of him? I mean.... I just don't get it.

I don't think there is a group in the world that can gin up their moral indignation as fast and as furiously as sports commentators. Dennis and Callahan will be lucky if their neck arteries don't explode.

for_evil_to_triumph_tshirt-p2358423362263963703ryr_400.jpg

That coward JoePa should be in prison too.

I'm a huge Patriots fan, but also a PSU alum, staff member and season ticket holder. Two major scandals involving the two programs I love the most in 5 years. This is just depressing. Please pray first and foremost for the victims of these crimes. My mind keeps going back and forth between anger, disgust to betrayal. I want to believe that JoePa did the right thing, but I don't know if I can do so until all of the facts come out. And even then I think I will have a hard time doing so. Remeber that it was not to long ago that BB was vilified by the media for the whole SpyGate mess.

I think what the students did last night was stupid. They had every right to protest, but it should have never turned destructive. That paints all students and others in the PSU community in a negative light.

It's going to take a long time to heal from this, and I hope that PSU can at some point recover from this tragedy.

It is incredible Paterno and the others involved could have kept quiet after discovering Sandusky was child rapist. A child rapist! The worst aspect is their lack of action allowed Sandusky to continue his predation on young boys. Incredible. And Joe Paterno didn't have enough shame to resign?

The depths people will sink on account of 3 hours of entertainment 12 Saturdays a year

Someone finally had the balls to make the right decision. Joe Pa and who ever else covered up this tragedy are a bunch of cowards. Children's lives are a hell of a lot more important than a football game.

Last edited:
These allegations are disturbing enough, but I stumbled across the name "Don Fitzpatrick" in reading about the Pen State scandal. I never knew anything about that scandal and it a huge black mark on the Red Sox organization.

Living in PA, I can tell you that good ol college town is ran as a pretty tight ship, against my better judgement I read the detail of the sinister, cowardly and i'll say it down right devilish acts this monster commited.
It's sick that he prayed upon kids who needed a father figure in their life, My thoughts is how the hell did these parents think it was ok to let their kids sleep at this mans house?
My kids will never sleep at a grown mans house that has no child for their age to play with!
When I was 11,12 I didnt even like being hugged by distant family members let alone a strange coach.
Joe Pa and co should be ashamed and absolutely their reputation should be tarnished and legacy forever stained by this hideous hideous secret how the hell did no one go to the police?

This just shows how much ones reputation and past accomplishments can allow them to get away with.

For shame this was a sick man who knows what kind of mental disorders this man suffered but if you read each victims situation this man was a predator and the kind of man you pray your child never ever is in the same planet let alone town with!

I live about 2 hours East of Penn St. and of course here in my area are tons of Lions fans who must be shocked today.

I can assure you that Joe was like god to the major central portion of the State of PA and no matter what he did here,to any he was innocent.

We all know that is complete garbage and he knew what happened and did nothing about it....he is secretly a wicked old man whose longevity and love he received in State College is trying to cover up a scandal he was exposed in.

Shame on a man who might have gone down in Pennsylvania history as an icon and one of the biggest heroes in PA sports.....now what we are left with is a very old man who played a part of a coverup in a disgusting vile act.

For a man who put Penn State on the map is now a man who could have avoided this in 2002 and now has put his very team on an embarrassing journey that make take a very long time to move on and practically has destroyed Penn State football,I don't know how the players can play anytime soon without major distraction and trying to get the team to a bowl game.

Last edited:
Mark Madden, who did a lengthy investigation reportedly said on WEEI that Sandusky and Second Mile (his organization) pimped out young boys to rich donors.

I really hope that this is pure fiction. This is human trafficking and that is completely reprehensible in this day and age.

I'm a huge Patriots fan, but also a PSU alum, staff member and season ticket holder. Two major scandals involving the two programs I love the most in 5 years.

Those two things don't belong in the same sentence. It simultaneously magnifies "Cameragate" beyond what it really was, and diminishes one of the ugliest sports-related crimes ever.

Those two things don't belong in the same sentence. It simultaneously magnifies "Cameragate" beyond what it really was, and diminishes one of the ugliest sports-related crimes ever.

You beat me to it. To even consider them in the same UNIVERSE is the same sports worship nonsense that had all the Penn State media scoffing in indignation that PSU had the AUDACITY to fire Paterno over the phone rather than in person.

Perspective in sports is one of the most warped things in human thought. Tell one of these kids that Paterno was disrespected by Penn State, see how much of a **** he gives.

I love sports, they entertain me. But there's real life, and there's sports. If someone can't separate the two, they need to get a grip.

Too soon?
Saw it on twitter.
pedosu.jpg

Last edited:
The one good thing about this PSU mess is that the local sports mediots are beating that horse to death rather than beating the Patriots horse to death.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back