PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Emmanuel Sanders Trade watch - Update: Traded to 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Sanders have a lingering knee injury I would rather we pass. We've been getting the short end of the stick on players with knee injuries no thanks.

That account seems pretty small time.

Long shot it's the Patriots... But, anything is possible.

We need more offensive help...

It was just after the New York Giants defeated the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI that Gisele Bundchen was caught on video being heckled by Big Blue fans and she responded with this now-infamous quote: “My husband can not [expletive] throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time.:eek:

Long shot it's the Patriots... But, anything is possible.

We need more offensive help...

It was just after the New York Giants defeated the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI that Gisele Bundchen was caught on video being heckled by Big Blue fans and she responded with this now-infamous quote: “My husband can not [expletive] throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time.:eek:

But... but Marcus Mariota did it against the Chiefs.

Trading for Sanders STILL makes no sense...unless Harry is still injured or Gordon is hurt a LOT worse than currently believed.

How does bringing aboard an aging, but productive WR who will kill your immediate cap space, take several weeks to get up to speed, in an offense that is the most complex in the league and has a well known cranky and demanding QB, make more sense that simply using the WR who has been in the system since May and you spent your first round pick on.....and who looked good when he was out there.

If you are going to make a trade, make one for a TE. That should be our ONLY target at this point.

I will be very surprised and a bit disappointed if Sanders is acquired, especially if its for anything more than a low round pick and Denver eating some of the remaining cap consequences....and that's not going to happen.

Trading for Sanders STILL makes no sense...unless Harry is still injured or Gordon is hurt a LOT worse than currently believed.

How does bringing aboard an aging, but productive WR who will kill your immediate cap space, take several weeks to get up to speed, in an offense that is the most complex in the league and has a well known cranky and demanding QB, make more sense that simply using the WR who has been in the system since May and you spent your first round pick on.....and who looked good when he was out there.

If you are going to make a trade, make one for a TE. That should be our ONLY target at this point.

I will be very surprised and a bit disappointed if Sanders is acquired, especially if its for anything more than a low round pick and Denver eating some of the remaining cap consequences....and that's not going to happen.
The only thing that concerns me about Sanders is that he is still coming off the knee injury. But it is hard to tell whether his lack of production is more due to that or the utter incompetence at QB. Belichick has tried before to sign Emmanuel Sanders and we all know he is a damn good player when he is healthy. He's always seemed like the type of receiver that Brady would love to have and one that could get up to speed fairly quickly.

He makes more sense to me than Sanu if we are still thinking of dealing for a receiver.

Rather have Harry back than any of the wrs they are speculating on. Old and even injured wrs that Will need time to learn the playbook, it’s just a waste of cap space and draft capital.

Rather have Harry back than any of the wrs they are speculating on. Old and even injured wrs that Will need time to learn the playbook, it’s just a waste of cap space and draft capital.
Love to get a TE.

We’re probably gonna get some teams 3rd tackle that we’ll have to google their name.

It would be awesome if we can get a tier 1 WR talent here for a 1 year contract for the remainder of the season at a reasonable price.

oh wait......
I ABsolutely agreed

I doubt Harry is going to be that productive considering he's been out all season...you may see Harry start to really contribute late into the season and playoffs, but I would temper expectations. Sanders has played in a complicated offense before.

I don't like in-season WR acquisitions for that reason. Harry is NOT going to light it up...but he will get 1-3 catches a game. Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett, Harry and Meyers will work out just fine...as long as they get and stay healthy.

I won’t get the Allen y’all why would the chargers trade him? He’s still at a good age and under contract next year

I'll settle for this Allen...

usa_today_11124778.0.jpg

The only thing that concerns me about Sanders is that he is still coming off the knee injury. But it is hard to tell whether his lack of production is more due to that or the utter incompetence at QB. Belichick has tried before to sign Emmanuel Sanders and we all know he is a damn good player when he is healthy. He's always seemed like the type of receiver that Brady would love to have and one that could get up to speed fairly quickly.

He makes more sense to me than Sanu if we are still thinking of dealing for a receiver.
You know, we have all used the "Bill once tried to get Sanders" line in discussing him over the years, but the fact is that was SIX seasons ago (2013 IIRC). And truth be told, it would have been a great get....IF it had happened. But it didn't, and like so many hypothetical transactions over the years have become embellished in their retelling.

In 2013 it was a good idea. Now not so much.

Ill go with 49ers for 300 Alex

Go big and bold.

Keenan Allen would blow this passing offense up. 27 years old. Deal a 2nd and change.
He's a cornerstone player for that franchise. I can't imagine he'd ever be traded at this age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back