PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: McDaniels to Colts is now NOT going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, very good point..the trickle down effect.

This is exactly what I was talking about at the end of regular season with respect to the bigger issue than Josh/MP leaving was going to be the braindrain below them. So far it has only been Judge and Schuplinski but there is a good chance that MP will also grab some lower level employees with him. That will be the real void to fill not the coordinators on the top level.

Gaps in the overall hierarchy and a lot of new people in the middle of it is where any well oiled machine might stutter for a while.

Keeping Flores bringing in Shiano and the rumored other coach goes a long way to fix the defense.
The offense is a little concerning.
Especially if Josh poaches Lewis.

The playcalling ? Yeah. The gameplan design not really that he was part of the entire time anyway.

Yeah, O'Shea has been known to be the coach responsible for developing the game plan for dealing with red-area plays every week. It's comforting to know that's remaining in-house (so far, anyways).

The playcalling ? Yeah. The gameplan design not really that he was part of the entire time anyway.

It takes a lot of time to become a really good play caller. I just wonder if we should go with someone with more experience, unless O Shea is a prodigy destined for greatness

I wonder if Bill would ever consider bringing back Charlie Weiss...I think he is a commentator now...just thinking out loud

I wonder if Bill would ever consider bringing back Charlie Weiss...I think he is a commentator now...just thinking out loud

Dont think he would fit in that PatPatriot costume. Or what role did you have in mind?

Not sure if it is time to create a Patriots coaching mega thread because some of the info coming out is getting splitted up between here and the Patricia thread.

Anyway according to Giardi Fears might retire as well.

Similarly we also dont quite know if Scar will be back next year. So there will be a lot of changes.

Dont think he would fit in that PatPatriot costume. Or what role did you have in mind?

My dad always liked Charlie, said he was a good offensive cord...I'm not that familiar with him other than knowing he was our OC.....

Won't miss the scratch your head plays but think he was real good at game planning.
Calling certain calls in certain situations could certainly been approved.
Here's hoping O'Shea or whoever we tag isbup to the task.

McDaniels was a much better paycaller than O'Brien. Always better at keeping the D on its toes.

I still blame O'Brien for the loss in the 2nd Giants Super Bowl. What do you do when your QB is setting the record for most consecutive completions in Super Bowl history? And the defense is reeling and can't stop the completions? Why, run it of course.... JUMBO SET. And 2 plays later on 3rd and long, Welker drops it. Good going, O'Brien.

Congrats to McDaniels, and I wish him great success.

Oddly enough, someone (Felger?) recently asked Weiss if he'd ever consider being an OC again. He replied that if it were the right place, he definitely would. I just wonder about his health.

Wish him success but falls flat on his face whenever he plays against the patriots.

Not sure if it is time to create a Patriots coaching mega thread because some of the info coming out is getting splitted up between here and the Patricia thread.

Anyway according to Giardi Fears might retire as well.

Similarly we also dont quite know if Scar will be back next year. So there will be a lot of changes.

Hopefully Tom likes O'Shea the receivers seem to.
Running back coach how about Kevin Faulk?
Could we still poach Aaron Glenn from the Saints.

McDaniels was a much better paycaller than O'Brien. Always better at keeping the D on its toes.

Josh was a better playcaller than OB but a much, much, much better play designer than him.

This year there was no better play designer than McD, Shanahan (once he had a QB) and Doug Peterson. McVay is above the field but not on the same level as those three. That is the aspect we will miss most. Hopefully OShea absorbed as much as possible from him.

Breer is saying that the Pats are making a play to keep Judge around.

Interesting...

I wonder if this is one that BB would consider to be an unfair poaching?

- Cue dramatic music

Hopefully Tom likes O'Shea the receivers seem to.
Running back coach how about Kevin Faulk?
Could we still poach Aaron Glenn from the Saints.
Sammy Morris seems more likely than Faulk given that he has stayed involved in the organization while Faulk was just hired at LSU.

Breer is saying that the Pats are making a play to keep Judge around.

Judge please leave from under Blunder-Check...who will be on my $h!t list until further notice...I hope he loses a lot of those assistants so he can re-up his yes Dad Sons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back