PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Wide Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam757

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Ok guys, so I watched the game twice in entirety, watched the 4th quarter a third time, and also watched the Mic'ed up show last night. I don't know how many noticed how wide open Edelman was on almost every single play. I honestly think he could have finished this game with 250 yards. Specifically the play where Brady threw the pick he had Edleman for an easy 7-10 yards cutting free right in front of the Rams soft zone. Amazingly they probably should have thrown the ball to him even more and if so a possible blow out.

doesnt matter that he was open, qb has a noodle arm according to the media. can't catch what isn't thrown to him

Ok guys, so I watched the game twice in entirety, watched the 4th quarter a third time, and also watched the Mic'ed up show last night. I don't know how many noticed how wide open Edelman was on almost every single play. I honestly think he could have finished this game with 250 yards. Specifically the play where Brady threw the pick he had Edleman for an easy 7-10 yards cutting free right in front of the Rams soft zone. Amazingly they probably should have thrown the ball to him even more and if so a possible blow out.

I was just posting about that first play in another thread before seeing this. We saw the same thing. Probably a TD if Brady throws to him. Baffling that he went to Hogan of all people.

Maybe Brady didn’t have enough time to progress through his read?

I think because of the pre-snap read, Brady thought Hogan would be open but LA disguised the coverage and caught Brady by surprise. I don't know if that caused the throw to be high and inside and a bit wobbly but I suspect it did.

I think because of the pre-snap read, Brady thought Hogan would be open but LA disguised the coverage and caught Brady by surprise. I don't know if that caused the throw to be high and inside and a bit wobbly but I suspect it did.

"Oh Chit... damn it." ~Tom Brady

That's why I think Edelman can play until he's 35 he should be even better next year. His lateral quickness and jerkiness is unmatched Extend him BB.:cool:

Maybe Brady didn’t have enough time to progress through his read?

This was an issue some during the game. I haven't watched the broadcast yet but there were many times i'd watch guys downfield and they'd come wide open just as the line pressure got to Brady. I remember one play in particular that Dorsett was open by a good 15 yards for an easy score but Brady just didn't have time to wind up and get him the ball. That's the game though. O-line has to hold up, receivers have to get open, and Brady has to get them the ball.

Edelman may not have helped in getting much points, but Edelman helped extend many drives. By extending the drives, you keep the opposing offense off the field. That helps prevent the opposing offense from getting rhythm going and getting momentum. It also keeps our defense off the field which keeps them well rested so they aren't as tired in the 4th quarter. While this was a total team effort by both D and O, Edelman absolutely deserved MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back