PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman offered 3-year deal, he opts to test free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 12m
Patriots working to get a deal done with WR Julian Edelman. Most likely scenario all along was a return there. Few other options available

what happened in SF?...no tweets?

Patriots working to get a deal done with WR Julian Edelman. Most likely scenario all along was a return there. Few other options available

That would be very good news. If we resign Edleman, we can then focus on a pass rusher(maybe Allen or Peppers) in free agency and then make focus our attention on the draft where we could go after :

-defensive tackle
-tight end
-offensive line(interior)
-strong safety

I hope so. I like his style of play. Fun to watch. He has moves and could have an improved season in 2014; I'm talking YPC here. Besides, we need a PR.

I hope he gets what he needs this contract and gets another contract later that insures his financial security.

(Just some personal advice here Julian. Find the next near billion dollar supermodel and marry her)

Excellent hopefully this one gets wrapped up next maybe we hear tomorrow.

what happened in SF?...no tweets?

He's going to sign with SF, just as soon as his agent finishes playing in a golf tournament this weekend.. :rocker:

Free agency won't be over when we sign Edelman. Belichick will use the next 5 months of free agency, even the several weeks before the draft. After all, Edelman's cap hit should be about $3M ($6M bonus, $1M salary and indeterminate numbers and guarantees (if any) in years 2 and 3.

That would be very good news. If we resign Edleman, we can then focus on a pass rusher(maybe Allen or Peppers) in free agency and then make focus our attention on the draft where we could go after :

-defensive tackle
-tight end
-offensive line(interior)
-strong safety

Could I have a better week if this happens? Doubtful.

I hope he signs with the Pats. And I hope the Pats don't need him to catch 100 balls next year.

Could I have a better week if this happens? Doubtful.

How about if Oakland do what Oakland do best and cough up the first round pick for Wilfork? That'd make the week near perfect in Football terms!

Shame they probably aren't that dumb (anymore) though.

I hope he signs with the Pats. And I hope the Pats don't need him to catch 100 balls next year.

Well considering what is on the roster, that'd what I'd expect.

I hope I'm WRONG but I don't see Gronk giving us more than 4 games, Amendola will continue being injured all year (still HATE this contract) and expecting much out of Thompkins/Dobson is being REALLY optimistic.

I still think we need a good deep threat option, resting your offensive hopes on Gronkowski staying healthy is very, very risky.

Icing on the cake. Revis, browner and return of edelman

I think it's at least possible Amendola puts together more games this year relegating JEll to what equates to a PR/backup slot role so I would hope they don't pay a premium for those services.. But I do like him as a player.

no 5-6 million either ...

Bite your tongue. Edelman is clearly getting offers north of 8+ million a year.

After all, we've heard about it for the past 2 months, right? ;)

Well considering what is on the roster, that'd what I'd expect.

I hope I'm WRONG but I don't see Gronk giving us more than 4 games, Amendola will continue being injured all year (still HATE this contract) and expecting much out of Thompkins/Dobson is being REALLY optimistic.

I still think we need a good deep threat option, resting your offensive hopes on Gronkowski staying healthy is very, very risky.

Your poster name is perfect. So is your sig pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST