PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman & D. Thomas back at practice; Gordon in warmups

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt. But Belichick has shown us time and again that he doesn't operate on sentiment. If they didn't go so hard after Bolden when he hit the market, I would not even have suggested it. But they did. So you have to wonder if the Slater era is coming to an end.

I don't think Slater is in danger this year. That being said I'd say it's probably a 50/50 proposition he makes the team next year. He'll be 34 years old on Sept 9th. Burst, speed and quickness are the first things to go.

I doubt even a guy whose as good as Slater is can do it at 35 years old.

The Patriots drafted Cyrus Jones to play corner. They had him return punts to try to keep him on the team.
That's not true; his punt-return skills were absolutely a factor in Bill's (terrible) decision to draft the Virus so damn early.

I just wish BB would get Brady some freaking Tight Ends. BB the gm killing BB the coach.
I agree with the above statement.

Last edited:
I think the Harmon talk comes from the amount of playing time he’s had in the preseason so far. Makes some wonder if he’s not necessarily a lock.

This story two days in a row?

Fool me once, shame on - shame on you.
Fool me -- you can't get fooled again.
Yesterday was not in pads. Being present does not require activation (like JG today). Practicing in pads does.

Last edited:
Dorsett is probably gone at this point with DT now off the pup.

I don't see them keeping 6 true wrs unless they want to trade burkhead or cut Hoyer.

Something has to give.

Last edited:
Yesterday was not in pads.
Just saying that yesterday they reported he was practicing, before they retracted and said he wasn't in uniform. Today they reported he was in pads but I couldn't really tell from that picture, so I was expecting that to be retracted as well. The subsequent Mark Daniels picture is a lot clearer.

Dorsett is probably gone at this poimt with DT now off the pup.

I don't see them keeping 6 true wrs unless they want to trade burkhead or cut Hoyer.

Something has to give.

I could see them carrying an extra WR instead of a 3rd TE, but once Watson comes back (if there are no other injuries), then Dorsett might fall to the numbers game. But a lot can happen in the next 6 weeks.

Oh no, you didn't.

Berrios played in the ACC against the likes of Notre Dame, Virginia State, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Clemson, Virginia...

Gunner cut his teeth against Mary, Crookston, Duluth, Upper Iowa, and Minot St.

Of course, I was just trying to make the point that folks who are projecting Berrios to the 53 based on his punt return skills may be seriously overrating those skills.

If you want to compare apples to apples, Berrios only had enough punt returns to qualify for rankings one year in college, his junior year of 2016. He ranked 4th in the ACC, 28th in the FBS overall. IOW, a better than average college returner but nothing notable.

I could see them carrying an extra WR instead of a 3rd TE, but once Watson comes back (if there are no other injuries), then Dorsett might fall to the numbers game. But a lot can happen in the next 6 weeks.

The issue is they have 3 QB, 6 RB/FB 6 WR (not counting Slater or Berrios), 2 TE and 8 OL. That is 25 players on offense and most of them don't play STs.

The only true STs on that list are Bolden. Are all of your STers going to come from defense? That's where the issue is. I don't see how you keep Dorsett unless you drop another body or decide to cut DT.

Of course, I was just trying to make the point that folks who are projecting Berrios to the 53 based on his punt return skills may be seriously overrating those skills.

If you want to compare apples to apples, Berrios only had enough punt returns to qualify for rankings one year in college, his junior year of 2016. He ranked 4th in the ACC, 28th in the FBS overall. IOW, a better than average college returner but nothing notable.

Yeah, I was just kidding with ya there.

I don't think either of them have a chance at making it this year - and if either of them do over, say, Cowart or Crossen, it'll be a big sigh. those are two guys I want them to keep.

Crossen, by the way, could very well be Slater's replacement when the time comes. He's a gunner. He's making strides as a DB, too. I now think Dawson has to make it in the Safety category...a couple of weeks ago, I was absolutely sure he'd make the team because of his draft position. Now, not so much.

Edelman
Gordon
Thomas
Harry

Is a scary looking group.
I’ve said this since gronk was considering retirement but I can absolutely see I’d using 4 WR or 3 WR and 2 RB and having run/pass balance out of it.

We saw BB run a pass heavy 2 TE offense to create personnel advantages and mismatches.

I could see spreading the field with these 4. If you don’t get 6 dbs, You torch it thru the air. If you do, you can run like crazy.

Oh no, you didn't.

Berrios played in the ACC against the likes of Notre Dame, Virginia State, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Clemson, Virginia...

Gunner cut his teeth against Mary, Crookston, Duluth, Upper Iowa, and Minot St.

Virginia State?

I think the Harmon talk comes from the amount of playing time he’s had in the preseason so far. Makes some wonder if he’s not necessarily a lock.
No I think the reason for the talk is his LACK of playing time in the playoffs/

Technically Josh is still on NFI. Could have activated him also and chose not to.
I don't think Josh will activated until this weekend at the earliest or Monday at the latest. I'm guessing this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back