PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ebron Unhappy About Steelers' Schedule, Already Predicting a Trip to Tampa

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
He spouted off while complaining about the fact they're forced to play 3 games in 12 days, talking about how he would rather have lost a game check than for things to end up going the way they did (although, I don't blame him for being frustrated with that). However, he then went on to make a comment that likely wouldn't have gone over well here:

via ProFootballTalk.com:

“When we go to the Super Bowl they just better give us the biggest plane, the best hotel, the top of everything,” Ebron said. “Like whatever they did for Kansas City last year we need to be 30 times better than that when we go to the Super Bowl because that’ll be their makeup to us. They gotta roll out the red carpet for our ass now. They ain’t trying to do it in the regular season. They’re gonna have to do it then and we want it bigger and better than everybody else because they made us go through three road games in the middle of the year, and then three games in 12 days. And everybody says, ‘Oh we have the easiest schedule.’ OK, come over here and play with us then.”

The Patriots were reportedly interested in him earlier this offseason. Had that happened and had this season ended up differently, I doubt he would have gotten away with a comment like that. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of that moron Raven last year who said something like “oh, you think it will be the 49ers who we play in the Super Bowl?”

Lol, sounds like Mason Rudolph levels of crying.

He spouted off while complaining about the fact they're forced to play 3 games in 12 days, talking about how he would rather have lost a game check than for things to end up going the way they did (although, I don't blame him for being frustrated with that). However, he then went on to make a comment that likely wouldn't have gone over well here:

via ProFootballTalk.com:

“When we go to the Super Bowl they just better give us the biggest plane, the best hotel, the top of everything,” Ebron said. “Like whatever they did for Kansas City last year we need to be 30 times better than that when we go to the Super Bowl because that’ll be their makeup to us. They gotta roll out the red carpet for our ass now. They ain’t trying to do it in the regular season. They’re gonna have to do it then and we want it bigger and better than everybody else because they made us go through three road games in the middle of the year, and then three games in 12 days. And everybody says, ‘Oh we have the easiest schedule.’ OK, come over here and play with us then.”

The Patriots were reportedly interested in him earlier this offseason. Had that happened and had this season ended up differently, I doubt he would have gotten away with a comment like that. :rolleyes:
Ebron, you'll get nothing and like it!

Reminds me of that moron Raven last year who said something like “oh, you think it will be the 49ers who we play in the Super Bowl?”
That was Earl Thomas. First thing I thought when I saw the quote.

Ebron always has been kind of a twat.

You'd think that Ebron would be thankful for having the easiest schedule in the league... by a mile. The combined record of their opponents has been 49-71-2 (.398).

BTW, Ebron needs to STFU about the hardships of playing 3 games in 12 days. Any team that plays on 2 consecutive Sunday’s and then follows it up with a Thursday game is playing their 3rd game in 12 days, so it is hardly an ultra-rare occurrence.

Most teams have that sort of stretch at one point during the season. In fact, we are in the very middle of one right now with AZ on the 29th, LAC on the 6th, LAR on the 10th.

I have a some things come to mind.
  1. STFU
  2. Do players actually think this chit? DO YOU KNOW HOW FEKKIN HARD IT IS TO GET TO THE SUPER BOWL?? I mean, if Tom Brady actually was dumb enough to say that "when we go to the Super Bowl..." I might give him a pass... only because I know he knows how hard it is to get there. But we all all know Tom Brady wouldn't say chit like this because he's not FEKKIN STUPID!
  3. Refer back to #1.
Freakin' Tomlin. :rolleyes:

I do think the Steelers are going to the Bowl this year. They match up extremely well with KC on both sides.

I do think the Steelers are going to the Bowl this year. They match up extremely well with KC on both sides.
There is nothing about their defense that matches up especially well against KC. Not to mention they will have to win a game before getting to play KC.
As mentioned already in this thread, they are indeed struggling against weaker teams. They would be a Vegas underdog - even at home - against KC right now.

Lot of talk for a guy who has worse hands than anyone on our ****ty offense

There is nothing about their defense that matches up especially well against KC. Not to mention they will have to win a game before getting to play KC.
As mentioned already in this thread, they are indeed struggling against weaker teams. They would be a Vegas underdog - even at home - against KC right now.
What? Their defense currently is number one in points but more importantly in terms of KC, third in yards. They don't let up anything easy. They are tenacious and also turn the ball over more than any other defense. In short their guys fly to the ball. They get after the QB. I am not saying it will be easy to stop Mahomes as he is playing awesome but they def. have the defense to get after him and his skill guys.

I also love Pitt offense vs their awful secondary.

What? Their defense currently is number one in points but more importantly in terms of KC, third in yards. They don't let up anything easy. They are tenacious and also turn the ball over more than any other defense. In short their guys fly to the ball. They get after the QB. I am not saying it will be easy to stop Mahomes as he is playing awesome but they def. have the defense to get after him and his skill guys.

You say that the Pats' aren't good because they struggle against weak teams, but you give Shizzburgh a pass for the same thing?

They have a good defense and have played well against the minor league football teams they’ve faced. But there is nothing about it that especially matches up well against KC.

KC is 1 point away from the best scoring offense in the League. Getting after the QB doesn’t help much against Mahomes like it would against a non-mobile QB. He will just scramble out of the pocket and throw 22 yards to Kelce.

They legit struggled to contain RG3 on the ground and he can’t pass to save his life.

They have a good defense and have played well against the minor league football teams they’ve faced. But there is nothing about it that especially matches up well against KC.

KC is 1 point away from the best scoring offense in the League. Getting after the QB doesn’t help much against Mahomes like it would against a non-mobile QB. He will just scramble out of the pocket and throw 22 yards to Kelce.

They legit struggled to contain RG3 on the ground and he can’t pass to save his life.
Most of their games have been ugly. Most of that is on Ben who has really declined. That being said, they play the type of football to give KC issues. Tough, physical teams like the Pats were in 2018 is how you slow them down. Pitt can do that and they should get the game at home and the bye while KC has to play 2 games before facing them. The question is can Ben play one of his best games and score on their very average defense and NOT turn the ball over. I don't know. But like I said, it is a good match up. They for sure have a punchers chance.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back