PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ebner to Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many players are gone, do we even have a 54 man roster anymore ??
When is this mass exodus going to stop ?
See Chevy's post :
As usual, BB values his compensation picks. I suspect he will stay away from UFA until June 1st after which they do not count against the compensation pick formula
He will look at released players or untenderedplayers now. The draft is still 4.5 weeks away. I think they will use the next few weeks to clear more cap space.

For Pats fans this is the a painful time of year as we watch our team literally get looted by ex assistant coaches and the team's brain trust gives the appearance that they are happy to get looted.

To me other than Brady the most painful losses are Harmon and Ebner.
Van Noyes is chasing $ and did not want to play here anymore. Karas is mediocre at best. Roberts is mediocre at best. Collins also looking for big $ ad even though at time he looked all world, his play was inconsistent at end of year.

We still have Slater, Bethel, and King coming back....still very formidable on ST's.

My bad, the cap number increased to 7 million. By "easily," if you mean releasing and/or trading players, then I agree. I still don't think its enough to field a super bowl caliber team. Maybe a wildcard team at best. If stidham turns out to be anything like people are saying, then maybe 2021 or beyond we can be thinking super bowl.

no. We could extend/restructure Hightower, Thuney, and Gilmore

Folks would be complaining just as much if we re-signed Ebner.

Some would be. I would not. [Fun fact: on a per game basis, Ebner played more ST than anyone else.]

It's not a playoff team. People are forgetting how bad this team was for the last 1/3 of the season. Now take a away qb, 2 lb, starting dt and a banged up Edelman another year older. Given the Pats schedule next season, this team is top 8 in the draft, not a playoff contender.
Possible addition by subtraction?

Nobody is a bigger Nate Ebner fan than I am. He was a perfect Patriot. I will miss him on our team.

We still have Slater, Bethel, and King coming back....still very formidable on ST's.

Don’t forget the killer B’s Bolden and Burkhead, plus.....Phillips, a better safety and ST player than Ebner. No worries.

It's not a playoff team. People are forgetting how bad this team was for the last 1/3 of the season. Now take a away qb, 2 lb, starting dt and a banged up Edelman another year older. Given the Pats schedule next season, this team is top 8 in the draft, not a playoff contender.

Another dose of stupid pills.

Some would be. I would not. [Fun fact: on a per game basis, Ebner played more ST than anyone else.]

Yes he did. I think the real issue was his injuries and cost. We will have King, Slater and Bethel back, and we just added Phillips.

Ebner was a great STer, and I don’t know what his cap hit would have been, but it seems like the Patriots need to divest themselves of some high priced veterans to get further under the cap as well as get younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes