PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

E-Tix

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just curious how everyone's experience with E-Tix went?

Lines were worse, took extra long to get in...faulking disaster

Lines were worse, took extra long to get in...faulking disaster
Pretty much figured that would be the case. We go in about an hour before kickoff so I had no clue how bad it was. But it took us a few minutes to get through. We had a big group and for some reason 2 of the tickets weren't working if that had happened closer to kickoff it would have been brutal.

Yeah, it wasn't good. It seemed that about 1 in 3 tickets weren't scanning properly with the new system. This created long backups after the security checkpoints and situations where a lot of people were crammed into a very small space, not ideal from a COVID perspective. I'm sure the folks doing the ticket scanning will improve from week to week but clearly there should have been more training for the employees so not really their fault.

Attachments

• IMG_4315 (1).jpg
    IMG_4315 (1).jpg
    863.9 KB · Views: 15
Used ETix for the preseason game in Philly vs Pats. Took a few seconds to scan but worked well. Went to take keys and metal out of my pocket and guy said to leave them in as we went thru metal detector.. Thought it was weird and looked up at it as we passed thru. Metal detector WASN'T EVEN TURNED ON. WTF???
Yet they had guys walking around outside measuring women's pocketbooks if they were an inch too wide.......and telling them to leave it in the car....

We went through fairly easily, but only because we purposely went in earlier than usual due to one of the other ticket holders having brought his grandsons to Monster Jam and apparently entry that day was a cluster. The issue we did encounter was at the parking booth as we sat at the window for nearly 5 minutes as the attendants portable scanner had stopped working and she had to reboot. Folks around us also spoke about issues with the cashless transactions and those machines going down.
On a side note the large screen on the south side of the stadium was impressive from the 300's, but somehow one detail was overlooked...no where on the screen was there the time left in the quarter or the downs/yards to go. Had to look to the smaller scoreboard in the north end for that info.

It sucked because, as expected, everyone and their mother at the gate was trying to use data to refresh their tickets on their phones. We spent the entire 30 minute wait in line just trying to open the damn tickets. Luckily we got it right when we got to the ticket scanner but it was sweaty

Pretty much figured that would be the case. We go in about an hour before kickoff so I had no clue how bad it was. But it took us a few minutes to get through. We had a big group and for some reason 2 of the tickets weren't working if that had happened closer to kickoff it would have been brutal.
We left our tailgate at 3:30, we got to our seats at 4:45....the line sucked bad. Much worse than paper tickets which is usually 30 minutes from tailgate to seats.

We went through fairly easily, but only because we purposely went in earlier than usual due to one of the other ticket holders having brought his grandsons to Monster Jam and apparently entry that day was a cluster. The issue we did encounter was at the parking booth as we sat at the window for nearly 5 minutes as the attendants portable scanner had stopped working and she had to reboot. Folks around us also spoke about issues with the cashless transactions and those machines going down.
On a side note the large screen on the south side of the stadium was impressive from the 300's, but somehow one detail was overlooked...no where on the screen was there the time left in the quarter or the downs/yards to go. Had to look to the smaller scoreboard in the north end for that info.
Yea I noticed too, it looked like the resolution wasn't set right and the bottom part of the screen was cut off

It sucked because, as expected, everyone and their mother at the gate was trying to use data to refresh their tickets on their phones. We spent the entire 30 minute wait in line just trying to open the damn tickets. Luckily we got it right when we got to the ticket scanner but it was sweaty
Pre down load..... put it in Apple wallet , take screen shot, or both

EZ PZ

FYI the clock, down and distance is not on the jumbo there is a banner at the top of the optums with it.

EZ PZ
Not so ez pz when you have a large group in different locations of the stadium. Oddly enough I got most of the group set up right then it was 2 Tix in my real seats that created a problem. I'll do better next week but didn't help us while we were in line.

We have 4 seats in one group. Another 2 together and we have a pair of optums. Then we had another 8 people with us.

But with all that I think our problem came down to the fact me and my brother both use the same log in to our account and I transfered his and his wife's Tix to him but something glitchy happened using the link I sent because he was logged in to the account too.

Next week I'm not texting them to him he can grab it himself off the app.

EZ PZ
Not in my case. I couldn't screenshot because "the code will change frequently and you must present the ticket from this screen"

It seems to me there has to be a better system.... say, give people hard copies of their passes for entry and that way the bearer gets in with no questions asked....

Not in my case. I couldn't screenshot because "the code will change frequently and you must present the ticket from this screen"
That’s pretty ****ing stupid. If the code remains the same from when you download the ticket, the process is much faster.

No cash for concessions now. Welcome to the future! My family got there early but witnessed the chaos and long mind numbing lines from high atop the 300 level.
It was a challenge to get my Dad to find the e-mail, accept the ticket transfer, load the Gillette app, log in with Ticketmaster and then find the tickets in the app. Pre-season was not long enough to get him ready. Hopefully by the Saints game he will be used to it.

I saw some people struggling really hard with it. Definitely fastest to load it ahead of time to either apply pay or Google wallet. This means you don't need an internet connection at the gate.

Overall, I'd say lines were 50% slower getting into the stadium

I have used Ticketmaster's new system three times now. The first two were for concerts so no issue with data.

The first time thought it was odd that I couldn't just screenshot it as in the past. But it went smooth. Your phone should, or at least in my case did, prompt me to download it to my google pay.

I grabbed four free tickets off of vettix.org for last nights Skins-Giants game. And took my boys and one of their friends. I received an automated email from ticketmaster stating to download the tickets at home or before arriving in the FedEx area. I had each kid download the ticketmaster app and transferred the tickets before leaving the house. We had no issues.

Maybe the Krafts need to have an automated email/text like the Skins did via ticketmaster. It may help alleviate the issue at the gates.

Has the organization made any public statement this week regarding download issues or communicated with season ticket holders ?

No
Has the organization made any public statement this week regarding download issues or communicated with season ticket holders ?
I haven't seen anything.
Bob doesn't want you tailgating. Get in early for 12 dollar bud lights and 15 dollar chicken fingers.
Same deal all around the league. City of Denver just built a multistory apartment building in one of the main tailgate lots.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back