PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Brees Defends Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicDawg

Patriot of the Week
Reaction score
Wish more players used their heads for more than a hat rack like him. Then again, it took him a year to speak out also, so....will more players smarten up and start to speak up?

Drew Brees: 'I’m Not Going To Trust Any League-Led Investigation When It Comes To Anything'

Drew Brees said:
“I mean, listen, I’m not going to trust any league-led investigation when it comes to anything, because it’s not transparent. At times I feel like there’s a desired conclusion or agenda that they have in mind, and that prevents maybe the absolute truth from being told or the absolute facts from being presented. And at the end of the day, we as the public, we as players don’t ever really get to see that. We never get to see those facts, those truths, those things. So that’s the unfortunate part about this whole thing.”

One guy whose team has been a victim of a league orchestrated witch hunt defending another guy who actually IS a victim of a league orchestrated witch hunt. That said, I always liked Brees. The guy always came across as a class act.

i believe richard sherman is on the players side too.

in the DC market, there is some local sports show with former redskin brian mitchell and yesterday he ranted about how brady got railroaded. his co-host, some journalism major schumck bought the nfl story 100%.

i think if you ask most players current and former they see that goodell is public enemy #1

Players should have been howling from the rooftops from day one. I like Brees, but we're long past the time where this should have been done.

After bounty-gate, the Saints understood.

After the Cowboys and Redskins were hammered for violating the limits of a (temporarily non-existing) salary cap, for the most part they understood (though this issue was not much-publicized).

After they realized that Miami’s “bullygate” unfolded not at all like Ted Wells says that it did, the Dolphins understood.

After the NFL's lies about their supposedly deep concerns about the dangers of concussions and their non-policies on domestic violence were exposed, those that care about those issues understood.

Patriots fans all understand, now.

Sooner or later everyone except maybe Jets fans will understand, since Goodell's ego and incompetence knows no bounds.

The more we all examine each of these issues, the more that we learn that Emperor Roger has no clothes. Time and time again he's made mistakes. He is always in court for good reasons. Time and time again he covered up his mistakes and chose the path of spreading lies, being dishonest if not deceitful, and stubbornly disseminating misinformation. It is the path taken by men of power whose inflated egos drive them to run roughshod over the truth, when the truth is the least bit inconvenient.

Last edited:
It's no coincidence that so many Saints have had a reasonable perspective in all of this. They've seen how the NFL works firsthand. They know not to trust anything that a league investigation concludes.

It's no coincidence that so many Saints have had a reasonable perspective in all of this. They've seen how the NFL works firsthand. They know not to trust anything that a league investigation concludes.

You would think their fans would be the same way. Not sure if you have Sirius or not, but listen to the NFL Network if you do. Their fans have been some of the most vocal against Brady on there. It's just a tad bewildering.

After bounty-gate, the Saints understood.

After the Cowboys and Redskins were hammered for violating the limits of a (temporarily non-existing) salary cap, for the most part they understood (though this issue was not much-publicized).

After they realized that Miami’s “bullygate” unfolded not at all like Ted Wells says that it did, the Dolphins understood.

After the NFL's lies about their supposedly deep concerns about the dangers of concussions and their non-policies on domestic violence were exposed, those that care about those issues understood.

Patriots fans all understand, now.

Sooner or later everyone except maybe Jets fans will understand, since Goodell's ego and incompetence knows no bounds.

The more we all examine each of these issues, the more that we learn that Emperor Roger has no clothes. Time and time again he's made mistakes. He is always in court for good reasons. Time and time again he covered up his mistakes and chose the path of spreading lies, being dishonest if not deceitful, and stubbornly disseminating misinformation. It is the path taken by men of power whose inflated egos drive them to run roughshod over the truth, when the truth is the least bit inconvenient.

Reading this sequence of 'scandals', one could almost think that they just look for stuff to create controversy in the off-season so they can maintain a media presence. Or, us fans are hungry enough to take any news during the off season. Either way, maybe it's just about creating attention and the relative crimes/guilt/punishment, etc., are just features of the publicity program.

(tinfoil hat off)

I don't see him defending anyone. Just saying not to trust anything by goodhell. Am I missing something?

You would think their fans would be the same way. Not sure if you have Sirius or not, but listen to the NFL Network if you do. Their fans have been some of the most vocal against Brady on there. It's just a tad bewildering.

Most fans are idiots. Their perspective, or lack thereof, insures that. We see the same thing here, on this very board, when something happens involving another team or another team's player(s).

It's even worse in cases like this, because of the pathetic, all but unquestioning, deference to apparent authority that far too many Americans have become accustomed to granting.

I never understood bountygate and Incognito until defamegate caused me to really question the nfl. If you just follow the headlines the NFL story dominates. I didn't care enough to investigate myself at the time. Seems that's the only way to find any truth in some matters. The NFL is too good at manipulating major sources for many of these truths to ever reach the casual fan. Too easy for them to dismiss our pleas as blind homer faith when the only media desent is from people in the comments sections. Wish there were more journalists out there.

Reading this sequence of 'scandals', one could almost think that they just look for stuff to create controversy in the off-season so they can maintain a media presence. Or, us fans are hungry enough to take any news during the off season. Either way, maybe it's just about creating attention and the relative crimes/guilt/punishment, etc., are just features of the publicity program.

(tinfoil hat off)
I don't think that's a tinfoil hat statement by any means.

Basically any fan or player who celebrated Spygate, Bountygate, the Dolphins' bullying scandal, what happened to the Chiefs this year and what happened to the Skins and Cowboys in the uncapped year is enabling this ****. I know I sure was excited and happy about the bullying ****, and I regret it all now.

Real fan pressure to clean up their **** would actually matter but since it's typically 31 fanbases celebrating when another team takes it up the ass it'll never happen. We let our biases cloud our judgement.

Saints got railroaded worse than we did tbh. Can you imagine if Belichick was suspended for a year? Had they found one shred of dirt on him, that's exactly what would have happened.

The bottom line was the NFL owners and players-association AGREED to give the commissioner 100% power to rule. That was the biggest mistake NFLPA did and are paying for this.

The bottom line was the NFL owners and players-association AGREED to give the commissioner 100% power to rule. That was the biggest mistake NFLPA did and are paying for this.

While I agree with your point in general, and I've been railing on it for as long as anyone here, I don't buy it in the specifics. The clause being used has been in the CBA for a long time, and had never been used like this before.

This is about an ******* Commissioner, biased and deliberately misleading investigations, and poor judicial work at the federal appellate level.

While I agree with your point in general, and I've been railing on it for as long as anyone here, I don't buy it in the specifics. The clause being used has been in the CBA for a long time, and had never been used like this before.

This is about an ******* Commissioner, biased and deliberately misleading investigations, and poor judicial work at the federal appellate level.
I'll acknowledge I have noticed, over the years, your position on this and the absurdity of the players agreeing to give Goodell power.

Saints got railroaded worse than we did tbh. Can you imagine if Belichick was suspended for a year? Had they found one shred of dirt on him, that's exactly what would have happened.

Rule 46, dirt not needed.

Just Goodell, because integrity.

Who's to say they won't manufacture dirt on him in the near future and do exactly that. Nothing shocks me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft