PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Brees Chest Crushed

raduray

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
11 broken ribs, 8 on one side. We only have 12 on each side. He literally got crushed.
No coughing, no sneezing, and please, don't tell him any jokes.

That is the worst. One broken rib is the worst, which I believe he went ahead and played on. What do you think the bounty on those ribs was from arch rival Tampa Tom Brady? Gonna own them record books now, boy!

I kid, of course. I think. He is a tad on the competitive side.

This seeming certainty (according to reports) that Brees will return this season seems absolutely crazy. At some point, you need to draw a line between “toughness” and “irresponsible.”

In the best case scenario, Brees returns and wins a Super Bowl. How is this risk even worth the reward?

This is actually a game and not a real war.

Is there any film on what happened? It sounds like one of those body slams that defenders like to perform on helpless QBs.

Okay, I found it. That was a clean hit. Surprising that he would be that severely injured without it being a body slam.

Last edited:
11 broken ribs, 8 on one side. We only have 12 on each side. He literally got crushed.
No coughing, no sneezing, and please, don't tell him any jokes.
Geez that sucks. It reminds me of what happened to Giles Corey - I think originally from watching something during a field trip to Salem as a kid.

Is there any film on what happened? It sounds like one of those body slams that defenders like to perform on helpless QBs.

Okay, I found it. That was a clean hit. Surprising that he would be that severely injured without it being a body slam.

It was probably the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Likely a few hard hits before that, set the stage.

Like his entire rib cage cracked...

That’s nothing. Big Ben once had 13 broken ribs on one side.

He returned after being taken off the field in a stretcher just before halftime...despite grimacing after every play.

Meh. He will be back in 3-weeks. They have better treatments than you and I will ever have access to.

This seeming certainty (according to reports) that Brees will return this season seems absolutely crazy. At some point, you need to draw a line between “toughness” and “irresponsible.”

In the best case scenario, Brees returns and wins a Super Bowl. How is this risk even worth the reward?

I like how they just casually mention the additional 6 broken ribs at the end like its not a big deal.:ninja:

The Saints don't need him vs the Falcons X 2, Philly, and Denver...they should rest him for the next month. The next tough game for them is KC on December 20, which would be 5 weeks. He should be ok by then.

Good time for Brady to build his TD lead...

I don’t think Brees will be back in 3 weeks (is on IR). The fractures apparently occurred over a couple of games.

Bet he wishes those ribs where more pliable

Taysom Hill playing great today...

This is 2020. Half the country claims toughness for what is irresponsible.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back