PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Brees Chest Crushed

This seeming certainty (according to reports) that Brees will return this season seems absolutely crazy. At some point, you need to draw a line between “toughness” and “irresponsible.”

In the best case scenario, Brees returns and wins a Super Bowl. How is this risk even worth the reward?

This is actually a game and not a real war.

Is it responsible for a 43-year-old QB to be subjecting himself to potential concussions after playing for 20 years?

Is it responsible for a 43-year-old QB to be subjecting himself to potential concussions after playing for 20 years?

Really Tommy? Comparing those two situations?

Really Tommy? Comparing those two situations?

Brees is not suffering life-threatening injuries since he is getting proper treatment. It is not unusual for a player to come back after sustaining a collapsed lung, including Drew Bledsoe. Moreover, his ribs will heal in a few weeks. Brees wants to win a second ring, joining an elite group of 12 other QBs with multiple rings. Can you blame him? Brady, on the other hand, already has 6 and really doesn't need anymore at this point, so you can argue that Brady is the one being more irresponsible.

Brees is done for the year.

If he comes back to the field, defenses are going to knock him down and make sure to hit his ribs.

Walk it off, Drew.

Brees is done for the year.

If he comes back to the field, defenses are going to knock him down and make sure to hit his ribs.

Unfortunately, if that's true, a lot of people on this board will be happy since Brady would have an easy path to the division title. I'd rather see a tight division race between two great teams.

Last edited:
A Colts fan has come to a rational conclusion on Brees' injury;

"I don't buy this injury. I think there's something fishy going on like Brees getting paid off to fake an injury so the Bucs can win the division and make the SB in Tampa. The Bucs and Saints game showed how outmatched the Bucs and Brady were, so the league is getting desperate to get the Bucs in the SB in Tampa and Brady one more ring.

Absolutely disgusting."

A Colts fan has come to a rational conclusion on Brees' injury;

"I don't buy this injury. I think there's something fishy going on like Brees getting paid off to fake an injury so the Bucs can win the division and make the SB in Tampa. The Bucs and Saints game showed how outmatched the Bucs and Brady were, so the league is getting desperate to get the Bucs in the SB in Tampa and Brady one more ring.

Absolutely disgusting."
There is no group of people more heavily invested in wearing tinfoil hats than Colts fans, expecially when it comes to anything regarding Tom Brady or regarding the Patriots. Now that Tom left, they have two boogeymen.

Brees is not suffering life-threatening injuries since he is getting proper treatment. It is not unusual for a player to come back after sustaining a collapsed lung, including Drew Bledsoe. Moreover, his ribs will heal in a few weeks. Brees wants to win a second ring, joining an elite group of 12 other QBs with multiple rings. Can you blame him? Brady, on the other hand, already has 6 and really doesn't need anymore at this point, so you can argue that Brady is the one being more irresponsible.

Oh man thanks, I couldn't wait to hear your opinion on health-related matters.

Oh man thanks, I couldn't wait to hear your opinion on health-related matters.

it’s called google. a collapsed lung is not life threatening with proper treatment - look it up.

im sure you and @Ice_Ice_Brady are disappointed that Brady won’t have a free path to a division title when Brees does come back.

I think I remember reading he implied he wanted to pass Jordan for number of championships to become the GOAT of GOATS (Mt. GOATMore?). Can't find it, though, so I'm not sure if I'm severely misremembering. I'll start rooting for it as soon as we're mathematically eliminated.

it’s called google. a collapsed lung is not life threatening with proper treatment - look it up.

im sure you and @Ice_Ice_Brady are disappointed that Brady won’t have a free path to a division title when Brees does come back.

It's ok, it's just like 5 concussions a day. I'll worry when it's 10 100 1000 10000 50000 100000.

I think I remember reading he implied he wanted to pass Jordan for number of championships to become the GOAT of GOATS (Mt. GOATMore?). Can't find it, though, so I'm not sure if I'm severely misremembering. I'll start rooting for it as soon as we're mathematically eliminated.

I'm not questioning Brady's desire to win. However, it makes much more sense for a guy like Brees to keep playing (despite the injuries) so he can say he has multiple super bowls than for Brady who already has 6 and wants to surpass Jordan.

I'm not questioning Brady's desire to win. However, it makes much more sense for a guy like Brees to keep playing (despite the injuries) so he can say he has multiple super bowls than for Brady who already has 6 and wants to surpass Jordan.
I don't doubt that it makes much more sense for most rational and even some irrational people, but Mr.-had-already-won-3-rings-when-he-did-this is on another level of motivation that most probably can't identify with. That being said, at this point, since they're both married with kids, after an injury like that, I think it all boils down to what their wife and kids think, anyway. ( OTOH, I can also say motivation for having all of Brees' kids see Dad win a SB could be motivation that supersedes all, since his 1st was only a few months old when he won it.)
1606157042493.png

Does it really make more sense.?

If Brees wins the Super Bowl this year does that change his legacy at all? Will people start rating him ahead of Manning and Rodgers if he does?

Does it really make more sense.?

If Brees wins the Super Bowl this year does that change his legacy at all? Will people start rating him ahead of Manning and Rodgers if he does?

Yes, he will join 12 other QBs with multiple rings and potentially a group of 5 other QBs with multiple SB MVPs. His legacy will be much more enhanced by winning ring #2 than Brady's with ring #7.

Yes, he will join 12 other QBs with multiple rings and potentially a group of 5 other QBs with multiple SB MVPs. His legacy will be much more enhanced by winning ring #2 than Brady's with ring #7.

How about he loves the game and wants to keep playing as long as he can? Also maybe he cares about the TD record. And also more rings.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back