PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Bledsoe speaks out about Brady's longevity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bledsoe was bitter but he wasn't a distraction, at least not outside the locker room. I'm not sure we could have asked for more from him.
He tried to be a distraction. He gave interviews ripping B.B. and “competing for MY job”.
The team kept winning and didn’t let him be a distraction but he did not by any means accept it and help brady as was stated here.

Bledsoe was bitter but he wasn't a distraction, at least not outside the locker room. I'm not sure we could have asked for more from him.
uh...yeah...well, we could have asked for more...a LOT MORE, from his twin abomination buddies Todd Rucci and Max Lane. It was Bledsoe who went to Kraft and got those two SLUGS multimillion dollar guaranteed contracts. You remember Max Lane, right? The right tackle that got PICKED UP OFF THE GROUND and slammed aside by Reggie White in the Super Bowl? and off course, the PRECIOUS Todd Rucci...the ONLY lineman in NFL history that consistently got pushed BACK 5-7 yards on straight ahead A gap running plays. An ABOMINATION.
I actually had a press pass back in the late nineties. Bledsoe threw frozen ropes 20, 30 40 even 50 yards every single day in camp. Camp after camp. I used to stand with Bill Perillo when I could and shot the shyt with him about Pats football over the years. He was a huge Bledsoe backer through that time yet, as camp after camp, season after season went by, we were always left wondering why, why can't Bledsoe throw an accurate swing pass? Why can't he hit open receivers five yards off the line with any accuracy, yet throw these lasers with regularity in the mid-deep range patterns.
Bill Belichick is the greatest coach in NFL historo\y. One of the reasons why is, he came in, looked at Bledsoe's mechanics, tried to fix him and found it was fruitless. Bill did what a GREAT head coach does...he moved on. Bledsoe could never fit all the requsite needs Bill wanted out of the QB position. The rest is PROVEN history.

Agreed, but it could have been a lot worse.
It would have been if the team didn’t keep wining and people stopped caring what drew thought.

Bledsoe is the reason I became a Patriots fan. He may have had his flaws, but he went a long way in putting NE back on the map. Glad we're showing him lots of love (way to go Kraft) and keeping him in the fold.
Grogan, Francis, and Hannah were the reasons I became a Pats fan, but Bledsoe sure resurrected it...

Then you woke up?
That’s not at all how it happened.
Well it was around 17 years ago. I just remember Bledsoe talking to brady during games asking for his favorite plays in one highlight and seemed to help brady. Drew came up huge against the steelers. Obviously no one is happy losing their job. It wasn't a big enough distraction to cause them to not win the Superbowl as huge underdogs.

Last edited:
Well Drew became QB when I was in my 40's there had been a number of bad years and the future of the franchise in NE had been in danger. The franchise was a laughing stock.

Drew (and Parcells) brought hope to the franchise. Of course we didn't realize that Kraft would become the best owner in sports (in spite of his caving in to Goodell).

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for him

Considering he was the franchise quarterback who'd just been given the biggest contract in football, I think he had a point about winning back his job. Lot of people talked about not losing your job to injury back then.
Of course BB was justified in not giving him that chance as well as Kraft being justified to agree to it and the trade, which solidified BB's control of the team.

How would Brady handle the same situation?

Only quibble I had with Drew was he did nothing about improving his mobility which guaranteed a shortened career. He was definitely tough, but carrying 2-3 linebackers while trying to throw won't get it done.

He tried to be a distraction. He gave interviews ripping B.B. and “competing for MY job”.
The team kept winning and didn’t let him be a distraction but he did not by any means accept it and help brady as was stated here.
u should check out his interview with brady and Bradshaw before the rams superbowl. Bledsoe says he and brady are buddies but it was an uncomfortable situation at times. They quoted brady saying he learned to play in the nfl due to his mentor. It's on YouTube, type Bledsoe brady and it's the 2nd one down. Around 1:00-1:55 mark

Last edited:
Class act all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes