PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Bledsoe E:60

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, it's on ESPN 2 just so folks don't miss it bc they're looking at wrong Channel
Was just gonna say Celtics Pelicans is on ESPN

Drew Bledsoe.

...get it now?
No. The poster asked what it took to say that Brady is obviously the greatest, I stead of just in the convo. I replied that it takes an absence of jealousy. Only the jealous think it’s still in question. Stats, wins, comebacks, MVPs, every measurable points towards Brady being the greatest. Yet, the jealousy of some prevents them from admitting he’s #1.

No. The poster asked what it took to say that Brady is obviously the greatest, I stead of just in the convo. I replied that it takes an absence of jealousy. Only the jealous think it’s still in question. Stats, wins, comebacks, MVPs, every measurable points towards Brady being the greatest. Yet, the jealousy of some prevents them from admitting he’s #1.
Sorry.

Drew Bledsoe.

Who Said So?

Trying to make a funny.;)

Sucks to get fed a line about being the messiah and then right when you're about to get it right, find out you're John the Baptist.

"Jesus of Nazareth? Overrated. System Messiah."

FYI, it's on ESPN 2 just so folks don't miss it bc they're looking at wrong Channel

ESPN1,2,3 or 100, it doesn't matter. I won't be watching.

As for Drew, like many strong armed QB's, he tried to force the ball into coverage too often. He also didn't have a feel for pressure and didn't throw swing passes very accurately.

What Drew did do well was accept his demotion with class and not distract the team from winning. He also came in and performed well for a short time in the playoffs when Pittsburgh tried to take out Brady.

I wonder if they'll bring up stage diving at the Everclear show (they are terrific live BTW).

Drew probably still looks at it and thinks he's the superior QB simply because he has the superior physical skill set. He doesn't factor in Tom has the superior brain, work ethic and competitive nature. While Drew was stage diving Tom was diving into the play book.

I've forgiven Drew, Richard, Ty, Lawyer and even Adam (anybody but the Colts at that time) but Drew will never fully let it go.

ESPN1,2,3 or 100, it doesn't matter. I won't be watching.

As for Drew, like many strong armed QB's, he tried to force the ball into coverage too often. He also didn't have a feel for pressure and didn't throw swing passes very accurately.

What Drew did do well was accept his demotion with class and not distract the team from winning. He also came in and performed well for a short time in the playoffs when Pittsburgh tried to take out Brady.
Bledsoe pretty much single handedly took the team to the playoffs in 94...worst running attack in the league, Drew ripped off 7 straight and passed the Pats into the playoffs in a league where you could STILL play defense...Pat's had #7 scoring offense (at 21.9 ppg, which today would probably be in the mid 20s) and #1 pass offense...not arguing Bledsoe was great, but that 94 season was pretty incredible 'round these parts

Bledsoe pretty much single handedly took the team to the playoffs in 94...worst running attack in the league, Drew ripped off 7 straight and passed the Pats into the playoffs in a league where you could STILL play defense...Pat's had #7 scoring offense (at 21.9 ppg, which today would probably be in the mid 20s) and #1 pass offense...not arguing Bledsoe was great, but that 94 season was pretty incredible 'round these parts

Drew Bledsoe and Nomar Garciaparra. Boston’s two most treasured sons in 2000. My favorite players. And then some really smart people with calculators and PhDs realized they both weren’t very good at all. Both got traded and the Patriots and Red Sox became winners. Strange world we live in.

A very short time. He had four or five good plays in the first half. But the second half was o_O:eek:. For starters there was the ball thrown right to the breadbasket of a LB who thankfully dropped it. And the ball flung backwards over his head while being sacked that also thankfully landed on the turf harmlessly.

Bledsoe helped start this thing!

Bledsoe era from 1996-1999 was a blast to watch. Unfortunately, the roster was deteriorating and Bobby Grier had some atrocious drafts. Also, Robert Edwards and Andy Katzenmoyer both had career ending injuries which were major blows.

C'mon. Bledsoe supported Brady in 2001 and also built this franchise for the next step. No need to diss on Bledsoe.

Agree. Some people are completely missing the point. Brady's success is undeniable. Bledsoe's comments are clearly not intended to undermine that but to buoy it.

I can't give Drew enough credit because being overtaken by a no-name 6th round backup who goes on to become the GOAT must be incredibly difficult to accept. Yet Drew, in keeping with the person he demonstrated he was time and time again, does so with grace.

I love Drew and I'm glad that Brady replaced him. There is no cognitive dissonance in holding those views.

Bledsoe era from 1996-1999 was a blast to watch. Unfortunately, the roster was deteriorating and Bobby Grier had some atrocious drafts. Also, Robert Edwards and Andy Katzenmoyer both had career ending injuries which were major blows.

I dearly wish we could have seen a full career from Robert Edwards. I'm 99% sure it was a game against the Colts where he ran through 90% of their defense that made me a fan. Which was a tough task given that, at that point, Curtis Martin was my all-time favorite Patriot and Robert replaced him.

I feel so, so bad for guys like Robert and Malcolm Mitchell. I'm much happier living my casual life than having come to the cusp of NFL greatness only to lose out due to freak injuries.

A very short time. He had four or five good plays in the first half. But the second half was o_O:eek:. For starters there was the ball thrown right to the breadbasket of a LB who thankfully dropped it. And the ball flung backwards over his head while being sacked that also thankfully landed on the turf harmlessly.

That backwards flip had me screaming at the tv.

One other bad moment that I remember was from the 96 SB when he threw a horribly weak pass off his back foot to a streaking Shawn Jefferson. Jefferson was blowing by the DB but Drew's pass was 20-30 yards too short and was picked.

The worst play of all though was Tuna Crap's decision to kick the ball off to Desmond Howard after the Pats had pulled to within 6.

All of that negativity ended once B&B took over.

Yes, he liked it because it was all about himself.

Yes, he liked it because it was all about himself.

If we didn't win the freakin lottery with Brady we'd still be talking about Drew as an all time Patriots great. He gets compared and trashed because of the chronology of the Advent of the Chosen One.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes