PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drake London: The Next N'Keal Harry?

Another injury (hamstring) - Maybe he'll fall to 21, then we'll pass on him due to PTSD and be the anti N'Keal and end up Megatronning the league. What a crapshoot.

He's not running a 40 today either... Hmmm...

If the Patriots are looking for a WR or CB in the first few rounds, BB should be lashed to the mast, like Odysseus, while his staff makes the picks. He will be able to hear the Siren call of the latest WR/Bust but under no circumstances, no matter how much he screams, should the staff untie him and let him near the phones. By the 7th round or FA period, he can be released.

View attachment 39573

They overthink the high WR picks. By the seventh round and the F/A period they must revert to the quick, simple, Fred-From-Dartmouth criteria; i.e. can he get open? For some reason the can-he-get-open question gets lost in the shuffle of other selection criteria in the early rounds. Those other criteria must revolve around BB's pet peeves such as whether the WR is a boy scout or a prima donna, does he give a good interview, does he go to church on Sundays, Wonderlic score, does he call his mother once a day, etc.

That is the only things that makes sense. How could a schlubb like me do a better job than BB on WRs? I spend, like, 90 seconds looking at each WRs highlights and mentally measuring their separation. Last year it was Waddle who had the best separation but I am hardly infalible; I had Waddle rated much higher than Chase. This year it looks like London has no separation while this year's board binky, Slade Bolden, has good separation. But I am cynical about binkies...
Somewhere in the 2010s, a woman named Emily Wilson published a fantastic line-to-line translation of the Odyssey, using the English-standard-ish iambic pentameter for each line of Homers dactyllic hexameter. It is a great read, and much less blustery than the ones we usually subject ourselves and our kids to.... ANYWAY, she has a ton of notes, and they are almost as good as the fresh translation.

In one case she points out that the Sirens can sing any song from anywhere -- the main method of conveying information back then. (I.e., it's not just that they sing beautiful songs, it's also a way for Odysseus to satisfy his need for intel. So there's your bridge between the recommended treatment of BB and the overthinking post.)

I would further point out that trading up in the draft can destroy the whole draft, analogous to attempting to losing the whole ship by passing Charybdis at a bad time, but that you can still get "bit" even if you trade down, as represented by the Scylla alternative.

What do Myers and harry have in common, you measure their 40 yard dash time with the minute hand of the stopwatch!

Why does bb keep loading up the roster with slow unathletic guys at linebacker and wide receiver!
What don't they have in common? Jakobi Meyers is one of the best route-runners in the NFL, and consistently produces within the NE system regardless of QB, coaching staff, or scheme.

How did Drake turn out?

Idk but you were wrong Fred :)

40 rec /400 yrd /3 TD /10 per rec

Ha, it wouldn't be the first time! I guess I need to look at more than 30 seconds of highlights

You might've been off with London, but Treylon Burks seems destined for that role after a decent first two games... Jameson & Ginger Ale Williams hasn't played at all, so the jury's still out with him too...

Drake London seems to be having some good plays over recent games.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back