PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drake London: The Next N'Keal Harry?

Whoever is suggesting we take Drake London must really hate us

Walterfootball has a mock with London going at #2 to the Lions. I know I barely know what I'm talking about in here, but man that seems high.

I'm putting London on my board based on the fact that we love H/W/S WR's. Harry, Dobson, Givens, Johnson, Jackson. I try to take my opinion out as much as I can and just go off what I've seen. Burks, London & Williams fit that mold to a T.

I hope bill brings London in, drives us all insane leading up to the draft, and some dufus team drafts him high. Potentially pushing one more elite player into our range at 21.

Jameson Williams is the wild card in this draft. He looks like Randy Moss to me, but he has a bum knee that may keep him out for part or all of the season. Will he fall to 21? I suspect that Williams does poor interviews and BB will hate him, but how do you pass on a talent like that?

John Metchie III seems more like a BB type of player, but he is not as dynamic as Williams. Metchie is a solid WR, and he can block but maybe he would be a better second rounder....

Jameson Williams is the wild card in this draft. He looks like Randy Moss to me, but he has a bum knee that may keep him out for part or all of the season. Will he fall to 21? I suspect that Williams does poor interviews and BB will hate him, but how do you pass on a talent like that?

John Metchie III seems more like a BB type of player, but he is not as dynamic as Williams. Metchie is a solid WR, and he can block but maybe he would be a better second rounder....
FFD and all you draftniks great WR analysis a pleasure to read.:)

He leads the country in contested catches. While some may think that is a good sign, I think it is a possible sign of someone who cannot get open. I saw a mock draft where he went to the Jets at 8. Yes, please!!
Spot on every catch 3 people is around him no separation whatsoever. Funny how the USC colors are pretty similar to ASU's kinda like watching Harry all over again. :) Constant contested catches work if you're a TE but won't cut for long as a WR I hope BB is not tempted.

He leads the country in contested catches. While some may think that is a good sign, I think it is a possible sign of someone who cannot get open. I saw a mock draft where he went to the Jets at 8. Yes, please!!
Sounds good to me and bad for London. The Jets are masters at ruining a player's career. Zach Wilson had more INTs than TDs his rookie year and a 55% completion percentage.

Seems to be more good depth at WR in this draft. I don't think we need to use a 1st round pick on one - will be interesting to see how far Williams might fall after the ACL tear.

I'm not a big fan of London or Burks. Don't think either fits what we want to do. We need to find a quick twitch change of direction guy for Mac - a Waddle type.

I will defend Burks by saying he is deceptively fast and just makes plays. His game speed is way faster than his timed speed and his physicality impacts the game, just watch the tape.

That said my favorite WR out of this draft for the Patriots is hands downs Chris Olave. I believe he fits our system like a glove. He runs routes so smoothly you'd think they were buttered.

I will defend Burks by saying he is deceptively fast and just makes plays. His game speed is way faster than his timed speed and his physicality impacts the game, just watch the tape.

That said my favorite WR out of this draft for the Patriots is hands downs Chris Olave. I believe he fits our system like a glove. He runs routes so smoothly you'd think they were buttered.

At Arkansas, they used burks in a ton of different ways to manufacture as many touches as possible for him. Could bb duplicate that in our offense?

Olave is such a good route runner. I think he is the best wide receiver wr in this draft for us. Two concerns are his ability to run option routes and can he physically hold up over 17 games.

At Arkansas, they used burks in a ton of different ways to manufacture as many touches as possible for him. Could bb duplicate that in our offense?

Olave is such a good route runner. I think he is the best wide receiver wr in this draft for us. Two concerns are his ability to run option routes and can he physically hold up over 17 games.
For Burks to be successful in our system the Patriots OC needs to utilize his talents properly. So that poses some risks to me.

As far as size Olave measures at 6'1 188 lbs. He's significantly bigger than Devontae Smith who measured in at 6'0 170 and had a pretty impressive 900 yard 5 td rookie season. I don't think Olave will have a problem holding up once he gets into a pro strength and conditioning program.

Olave probably doesn't get much bigger than 200-205 but that's more than enough to hold up considering that his game is about creating separation with his smooth moves and breaks. He's not going to invite a lot of unnecessary contact with this type of receiving game. It's going to be very frustrating for corners to cover him, especially seeing how well he manipulates the leverage of the defender and cuts on a dime.

Another injury (hamstring) - Maybe he'll fall to 21, then we'll pass on him due to PTSD and be the anti N'Keal and end up Megatronning the league. What a crapshoot.

OSU runs a tom of option routes. Sight adjustments. WR's have to be on point there. Very complex offense.

if you look at bb’s history of misses on early round wide receivers, the thing that stands out is that he has missed on a bunch of different types of receivers. in college….

harry was slow, but had production.
bethel was super fast, but had no production,
Jackson had decent speed and decent production.

It’s like they took chances on all types of receivers, but somehow missed on most all of them.

The three you listed all had one thing in common: They were all chuckleheads.

The three you listed all had one thing in common: They were all chuckleheads.
Also, I'm not sure I'd call Bethel "super" fast. His official electronically timed 10yd split for the combine was the same as Jakobi's official one (per RAS and others).

Also, I'm not sure I'd call Bethel "super" fast. His official electronically timed 10yd split for the combine was the same as Jakobi's official one (per RAS and others).

Bethel’s playing speed was the fastest I had ever seen live, until I saw ruggs of alabama a few years ago!

Or an even better 3rd-rounder.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back