PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draftpick Woodard retires...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the kid just simply decided pro football was not what he wanted to do for the next several years. Better to find out now rather than a few years down the road with a sore and possibly broken body (albeit a richer body).

I have a hunch he'll give it another shot at some point...

Why do I have this uneasy feeling that somehow Dustin Woodard is going to show up on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers opening day roster?

Good for him. Hopefully he was a good student and has a career in front of him which does not require disrespect for the United States of America.

Obviously a product of union schools. I feel sad for you. I'm simply saying I hope this kid who was good at football did not count on an unlikely career in the National Felons League to support his family. Hopefully, he actually opened a book or two in college and is on his way to a successful life separate from the NFL.

I can use smaller words if that helps.
I’m cool with polysyllabics but thanks for the offer.
However I’m still baffled by the random insertion of disrespect for the good ole US of A in your original comment. Where the heck did that come from? What did it have to do with anything? And why did you then make no mention of it in your subsequent explanation? Smaller words won’t help if you dodge the question.

I’m cool with polysyllabics but thanks for the offer.
However I’m still baffled by the random insertion of disrespect for the good ole US of A in your original comment. Where the heck did that come from? What did it have to do with anything? And why did you then make no mention of it in your subsequent explanation? Smaller words won’t help if you dodge the question.
There are a lot of things that go into job satisfaction. Culture is one of them. If you are a patriot -- small p -- it has to be difficult to go along to get along. If you do not support BLM and are not a superstar, the NFL has to be a tough place to make a living. If you are also on the bubble, even worse. If you are a smart kid who is on the bubble, does not support BLM, and has opportunities outside the NFL, you may well be happier doing something that matters.

There are a lot of things that go into job satisfaction. Culture is one of them. If you are a patriot -- small p -- it has to be difficult to go along to get along. If you do not support BLM and are not a superstar, the NFL has to be a tough place to make a living. If you are also on the bubble, even worse. If you are a smart kid who is on the bubble, does not support BLM, and has opportunities outside the NFL, you may well be happier doing something that matters.
Ok that helps. I’m still having some difficulty because I think your entire conceptual framework is different, as you seem to be assuming some associations with being a small-p patriot that I don’t make. And also about behavior and group dynamics. To me being such a patriot means putting country first. Because our country is founded on freedom of expression and tolerance for diversity it seems to me that those are essential traits for a true patriot. So to me anyone who says that others don’t have a right to express their opinions really is really not a patriot, they are a hypocrite claiming patriotic values but acting against them.
Anyway, on the locker room dynamics, I’ve generally found that on a personal level most folks live and let live. If they ask you to kneel and you say you’d rather not because of personal beliefs you’ll be respected - as long as you respect theirs and don’t come out publicly against them. But if you’re antagonistic you’ll fuel antagonism and will be met with what you serve up. So if your experience differs perhaps a look in the mirror would be a better approach than projecting your assumptions and beliefs onto others who may not share them. They have the right to differ, and as a patriot that’s a right you say you honor and defend.

Getting things back on track.

I completely disagree that the Pats plans at center have "completely imploded". Not unless Froholdt ends up injured or cut. Most people had Froholdt as being one of the two reserve inside guys last year prior to his injury. Hopefully, he can be that guy this year and Mason can stay healthy.

Bedard: Patriots' plans at center have completely imploded & season may rest on David Andrews | Boston Sports Journal

I agree. I saw the article showing up in that headlines newsfeed on PatsFans and had a good chuckle. Bedard at it again baiting people with borderline stupid headlines.

Ok that helps. I’m still having some difficulty because I think your entire conceptual framework is different, as you seem to be assuming some associations with being a small-p patriot that I don’t make.
I can't help you with that.
And also about behavior and group dynamics. To me being such a patriot means putting country first.
We agree.
Because our country is founded on freedom of expression and tolerance for diversity it seems to me that those are essential traits for a true patriot. So to me anyone who says that others don’t have a right to express their opinions really is really not a patriot, they are a hypocrite claiming patriotic values but acting against them.
No one said any of that. I simply believe that people who do so unlawfully must be held accountable. I ALWAYS insist that people who cite Constitutional rights must QUOTE the part of the Constitution that promises that right.
Anyway, on the locker room dynamics, I’ve generally found that on a personal level most folks live and let live. If they ask you to kneel and you say you’d rather not because of personal beliefs you’ll be respected - as long as you respect theirs and don’t come out publicly against them. But if you’re antagonistic you’ll fuel antagonism and will be met with what you serve up. So if your experience differs perhaps a look in the mirror would be a better approach than projecting your assumptions and beliefs onto others who may not share them. They have the right to differ, and as a patriot that’s a right you say you honor and defend.
That has not been the case in the NFL. Let's face it, athletes are not exactly model citizens. The National Felons League is full up on bad apples. If you area a good apple, you keep your head low and hope to collect your pot of gold and move on. If it looks like the pot of gold is out of reach, it's best to move on to some other opportunity -- which is actually what we were talking about a dozen posts back.

Getting things back on track.

I completely disagree that the Pats plans at center have "completely imploded". Not unless Froholdt ends up injured or cut. Most people had Froholdt as being one of the two reserve inside guys last year prior to his injury. Hopefully, he can be that guy this year and Mason can stay healthy.

Bedard: Patriots' plans at center have completely imploded & season may rest on David Andrews | Boston Sports Journal
Yeah it’s probably an overstatement to say their plans “completely imploded”. Just have to move on to plan B.

No one said any of that. I simply believe that people who do so unlawfully must be held accountable. I ALWAYS insist that people who cite Constitutional rights must QUOTE the part of the Constitution that promises that right.

this literally made me laugh out loud... cite the constitution rofl oKKKay, what a pompous ass you are grand wizard ... I mean wizwor ... and i really dont give a flying eff if i get in trouble for saying so...

Yeah it’s probably an overstatement to say their plans “completely imploded”. Just have to move on to plan B.
Did BB even have a plan for the OL? He may not even thought this needed to be addressed this off season.

this literally made me laugh out loud... cite the constitution rofl oKKKay, what a pompous ass you are grand wizard ... I mean wizwor ... and i really dont give a flying eff if i get in trouble for saying so...
Listen f*cktard, I'm from New Hampshire. We have no history of slavery. My family -- on both sides -- entered the country LEGALLY in the 20th century. Your KKK bs is just that. SLANDER. This ends with this post. I have had enough of M@ssholes for 2020.

Listen f*cktard, I'm from New Hampshire. We have no history of slavery. My family -- on both sides -- entered the country LEGALLY in the 20th century. Your KKK bs is just that. SLANDER. This ends with this post. I have had enough of M@ssholes for 2020.

Listen Nazi scum/White Power Klansman who tries to pass himself off as a "True Patriot" from NEW HAMPSHIRE the KKK dig bs isn't Slander ... technically, its Libel jackhole ... maybe I should use smaller words so you understand?

When the left has nothing intelligent to say - which is all the time - they just throw out empty accusations of racism. They literally have nothing else. As we can see, it has gotten to the point where they are doing little more than frothing at the mouth.

When the left has nothing intelligent to say - which is all the time - they just throw out empty accusations of racism. They literally have nothing else. As we can see, it has gotten to the point where they are doing little more than frothing at the mouth.
you take your talking points from the white power groups. Think about that. Philosphically, you are aligned Guys like David Duke and groups like the KKK. Not for nothing, but when that happens, maybe, just maybe, its time to rethink your life.

you take your talking points from the white power groups. Think about that. Philosphically, you are aligned Guys like David Duke and groups like the KKK. Not for nothing, but when that happens, maybe, just maybe, its time to rethink your life.
You take your talking points from Germany circa 1940. You have nothing but hatred and intolerance in your life for people with diverse opinions, and you want to shout them down and silence them. You despise freedom, you despise democracy.

You have my pity, and my hopes that someday you mature out of it.

Yeah - can we not sit here now and throw that around? That would be great.

Really trying to be lenient here but I've noticed things are taking a bad turn. I'd like to think none of us in here favors that group and we don't need this to turn into an argument that obviously will only escalate.

Needless to say - enough. Let's not go that route. :maybenot:

it's times like this when I remember that old adage birds of a feather poop together

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes