PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft the beast!!!

Great college player Cousin,
Again, look at Edelman's busted body and it's time for an agonizing reappraisal that Smith won't last......Just sayin.
He can't help us if he is in a full body cast.
Couldn't you see a Safety like 214lb Jamal Adams waiting for him on a crossing pattern going 21mph? Targeting is a no-no in college. It's just physics. An angry 214lbs at full speed can do a lot of damage to 160lbs.
DW Toys

Just watch him play. Do I really have to go hunt down all the hits he took all year and put them together into a highlight package for everyone? Let's not act like he's fragile just because he's slender. If you have doubts that he'll be able to overcome press, that's fair. But don't insult his toughness.

Smith was a great college player, no doubt about it, but I don't see us at all going near him in the draft. First, I can't see us taking a receiver to begin with in the 1st round, especially with the depth at that position and not someone that is only 166lbs. He's only 40 lbs heavier than me!!

Think of all the great defensive backs that lsu has put in the nfl these last couple of years and then look at how smith ate all their lunches in his career!

Guys worthy of trading up from 15 in this draft:
Qb Lawrence
Qb Lance
Te Pitts
Ot Sewell
Ot Slater
Wr Chase
Wr Waddle

guys we should take if available at 15:
Everybody listed above.
Wr smith
Lb parsons
Cb surtain
Cb horn
Qb jones

if none of the 12 athletes listed above are available at 15, then trade down!

QB Wilson?

I would not trade up for Sewell, but I would take him at #15 if available;

Reluctant as I might be to do it, I would also take Fields at #15 if available, but I wouldn't trade up for him;

Agree with the rest.

Great college player Cousin,
Again, look at Edelman's busted body and it's time for an agonizing reappraisal that Smith won't last......Just sayin.
He can't help us if he is in a full body cast.
Couldn't you see a Safety like 214lb Jamal Adams waiting for him on a crossing pattern going 21mph? Targeting is a no-no in college. It's just physics. An angry 214lbs at full speed can do a lot of damage to 160lbs.
DW Toys

gonna be hard for jamaal adams to hit him if smith is outrunning him or evades him with his quickness. i think waddle is the slightly better player but Smith is going to be darn good...

Just watch him play. Do I really have to go hunt down all the hits he took all year and put them together into a highlight package for everyone? Let's not act like he's fragile just because he's slender. If you have doubts that he'll be able to overcome press, that's fair. But don't insult his toughness.

I don't believe that DW is insulting Smith's toughness...But under 170, even in the SEC, is still different than under 170 in the NFL...

I don't believe that DW is insulting Smith's toughness...But under 170, even in the SEC, is still different than under 170 in the NFL...
Cousin Stone,
Yes, not questioning toughness. Questioning bone density and concision vulnerability.

If he was are only option at #15? I would have to say yes as I would with Fields. Would I chase them? No

The 175lb DeSean Jackson has missed 46 games in his career. 28% of his games he has missed. I don't question his toughness. It's availability to go......

DW Toys

gonna be hard for jamaal adams to hit him if smith is outrunning him or evades him with his quickness. i think waddle is the slightly better player but Smith is going to be darn good...
Exactly. What Edleman lacked in God Given Talent he made up with guts and balls. Smith should be able to get the job done with out putting himself in career shortening jeopardy as much.

Except this literally happened almost 25 years ago with Parcells Kraft and Terry Glenn..

What a dumb comparison. Apples and oranges. Kraft was a “young” owner, his head coach hadn’t won anything yet for the team and was an arrogant dink. I bet that Kraft enjoyed sticking it to him by siding with Grier (who was right).

BB is the architect of the greatest dynasty in NFL history And has played a major role in six Super Bowl trophies for Kraft, along with worldwide fame and a $6+ billion fortune. You can’t be dumb enough to actually think that Bob would overrule Bill on draft day, given their relationship and the team’s unparalleled success with Bill choosing the groceries.

They probably will go to defense but if they go offense pyou should be man enough to admit that you were dead wrong, instead of giving yourself an absurd excuse escape hatch.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back