Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by manxman2601, Apr 10, 2019.
I agree 100 percent.
1) Why would trading up to 3 guarantee them Kyler. SF can trade with anyone.
2) It is unlikely to cost the raiders anywhere near 3 firsts to trade with SF.
3) I don't understand why it is reasonable to trade with SF and totally unreasonable to trade with ARIZ. Surely, if ARIZ were willing to move down to 6 or below, they might accept the same deal as SF would accept after ARIZ didn't Kyler.
4) For me, if #2 is up for grabs, and #3 is up for grabs, ARIZ should also be in the mix, presuming that they aren't involve with Bosa or Williams.
5) I think that ARIZ would very likely trade with SF and charge them a 2nd or 3rd to get the same player that they would have chose at 1.
6) I'd be surprised if Mayock had much interest in Murray. Obviously the 6 people left at draft facilities will go over all the scenarios over the next few days.
1. Sure. But you wouldn’t trade up to 3 while SF is still on the clock.
2. I didn’t say it would. I said that would be the cost to go to ARI and I based it on the trade chart. But of course there’d be a negotiation.3. You’re losing me now. I never mentioned SF, only the first overall and the Jets. I chose the Jets because they’ve declared their willingness to trade back. But it goes without saying that for the right price, any pick is for sale. I didn’t think that needed to be stressed.
I do think there’s a PR element of going to Las Vegas with a brand spanking new toy regards the Raiders and Murray. How much of an influence that might be can’t be known.
I guess that I am discussing the changes based on the "news flash". There are lots and lots and lots of scenarios. Some involve ARIZ. If ARIZ likes one of the defensive players enough, I expect them to trade with SF.
My guess is that there will be at least 2 trades before the Giants pick. I expect that at least 2 quarterbacks will be picked in the top 6, at least three in the top 10. If the Giants truly want Jones, all four may be drafted in the top 10.
I certainly believe that OAK wants a top QB. Rumors have them picking Lock. Other rumors have them liking Haskins.
I suspect that if ARIZ picks a defensive player because they can't get there "value" for the pick, I think OAK will simply wait. Personally, I think that the ARIZ team has room to et worse before it gets better. I would be picking Murray or trading the pick for all I could get (even if that took a couple of trades down).
I would too, they’re not a Quinnen Williams away.
Didn't they once send a guy a $500K contract and charge him for the FedEx shipping costs????
EDIT and stiff some former coaches out of SB bonuses..
CARDINALS STIFF FORMER COACHES OUT OF SUPER BOWL BONUSES
Do you happen to remember the name of that website? Because that was a pretty good prognostication right thar.
Yeah, has this been mentioned anywhere else in either forum, that their entire scouting staff was given the weekend off? Maybe the reason was simply that they all could better observe Passover/Easter, but according to the NFL on Sirius, Mayock & Gruden do not even know which of them to trust. That's a new one for me.
It was a baseball forum and one of the moderators had a contact. Unfortunately it only lasted for that year. I checked back the second year but the contact had got a job elsewhere.
If the Raiders somehow landed Kyler Murray I'd offer #32 (and maybe more) for Derek Carr.
Interesting. I haven’t watched enough of him to judge. Isn’t he on a big contract though?
On his current contract? That's a big no thanks for me, and it's not because I dislike the player.
Yeah, I didn't consider that. I'll have to look into his contract situation.
Even if the Raiders take a QB, they will keep Carr for 2019.
That's a Jesus Christ No
It is a an OK contract for a starter.
I guess the par today is $20M AAV for a starter and about $6M or so for a good backup. .
More Tony Pauline rumours including some Patriots stuff. It’s all about prospects who might go ahead of previous expectations. Summary below with Patriots stuff first:
Will Grier could go late first and no later than the first half of the second round. Pauline notes we’ve shown interest but also links the Giants and Panthers. This ties in with a report from Jay Glazer last week that 5 QBs would go in the first round and that the 5th was to a surprise team.
Charlotte OG Nate Davies who visited us could go round 3
Pauline lists us, the Chiefs and the Bengals as favourites for BYU LB Sione Takitaki and says he could end up in the top 75
Says Dawson Knox is the 4th TE and could end up in the top half of the 2nd round. Which also suggests Irv Smith isn’t falling too far.
Says Ty Summers could go in the 4th.
Trysten Hill and Ben Banogu are getting 2nd round buzz. Banogu was a Pats Visit.
Darnell Savage in the top half of round two.
Earlier Than We Think? | Draft Analyst
I wouldn't take Any of the above names except for Knox at the spots in the draft where Pauline speculates they could go. I would go Office Space on my TV if I see that happening before my eyes.
I like Knox and and Savage in those spots.
Separate names with a comma.