PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Rumours And Buzz

I think Tony Pauline mentioned some character concerns with Gardner-Johnson. I love his game though.

If Dante thinks Chris Lindstrom can legitimately play tackle then I can see us potentially trading up for him, maybe to 25-27 with one of those comp 3rds. He has the perfect measurables for a Patriots o-lineman plus he has the versatility to play 3/4 spots along the line.

Only offensive lineman I'd go up for is Cody Ford.

I think Adderley's a questionable fit for the Patriots because he's a single-high guy and Savage is more cover-2 but CGJ, Rapp, and Thornhill would all fit like a glove. The latter two are definitely options in the 2nd.

I think Savage is someone who can play all over in the safety back end. I thought Rapp would have been the perfect Chung replacement but with Chung signing his extension, I don’t really see him as a potential pick. I’m a little concerned that CGJ replicates Dawson too much but I do like his versatility. Thornhill, for me, is the perfect D-Mac long-term replacement. Can cover TEs and WRs in the nickel safety role and can play single high too when required. He’s my no 1 for the Pats.

Tony Pauline now reporting that we could select Will Grier at 32. Smells like last week draft BS. Maybe we want to get someone to trade up

Tony Pauline now reporting that we could select Will Grier at 32. Smells like last week draft BS. Maybe we want to get someone to trade up

The only #32 quarterback rumor worse than the trade for Derek Carr someone suggested

Sounds like teams have freaked out about Montez Sweat.. If he somehow falls to 32nd i'd take him in a heartbeat.

Any rumours about the Patriots taking player X i would just advise everyone to ignore it, this week is pure smoke and mirrors.

Sounds like teams have freaked out about Montez Sweat.. If he somehow falls to 32nd i'd take him in a heartbeat.

Any rumours about the Patriots taking player X i would just advise everyone to ignore it, this week is pure smoke and mirrors.
Thursday evening can't come soon enough.

If we pick him at 32 I would not be shocked.

As soon as I watched him I thought he was perfect for Josh McDaniels. I doubt they take him 32, but who knows?

I think Adderley's a questionable fit for the Patriots because he's a single-high guy and Savage is more cover-2 but CGJ, Rapp, and Thornhill would all fit like a glove. The latter two are definitely options in the 2nd.

Don’t we play a pattern matching cover 3 defense?

Doesn’t that defense demand a single high safety?

Don’t we play a pattern matching cover 3 defense?

Doesn’t that defense demand a single high safety?

That's one of our defensive calls, but we don't play base cover 3 like Seattle or Jacksonville.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back