PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Rumours And Buzz

Wow, that's surprising and fascinating. He does have the arm length and the lateral mobility, and he's a great fit for the Patriots' scheme at one position or another -- one of the safest picks in the draft, IMO.

And I think going top 32 unfortunately.

Some draft rumours from Tony Pauline
  • Teams are wondering whether Chris Lindstrom could play tackle which might explain the Patriot’s interest considering they’re looking at OTs rather than interior guys.

Wow, that's surprising and fascinating. He does have the arm length and the lateral mobility, and he's a great fit for the Patriots' scheme at one position or another -- one of the safest picks in the draft, IMO.

Well, he does have experience at right tackle from 2017:

BC Eagles - Chris Lindstrom - Profile Page said:
2017 (JUNIOR): All-ACC second-team honoree at tackle for the first time in his career … leads the team in career starts (36) and career games played (38) … BC’s highest-graded offensive linemen the entire season and led a productive unit that ranked second in the ACC - and tied for 13th nationally - with just 13 sacks allowed … key cog in a rushing offense that was 25th nationally, averaging 220.4 yards per game

Does he get past the Raiders?

Probably not, and it seems more likely than not someone moves up. I think the Niners will be fielding calls if the Cardinals take Bosa. He's gone no later than 4, and in all probability 2.

Probably not, and it seems more likely than not someone moves up. I think the Niners will be fielding calls if the Cardinals take Bosa. He's gone no later than 4, and in all probability 2.

And the Jetes have put a big for sale sign up on their pick.

I think there are teams looking at Kyler and seeing the love child of Baker and Mahomes.

I think there are teams looking at Kyler and seeing the love child of Baker and Mahomes.

They're wrong, but there's such a steep drop off from him to everyone else that I think you move up if you need a QB and can afford to do so.

They're wrong, but there's such a steep drop off from him to everyone else that I think you move up if you need a QB and can afford to do so.

I think he has promise although I admit to not studying him closely.

2011 was the first year I got interested in the draft and there was a website that claimed to have inside info from the Pats. He said that the Pats were interested in two players in the first round. Amukamara and Solder. Also said we’d draft two RBs (we did). Quite glad we ended up with Solder although our CB busted anyway.

Are we all guessing that ARIZ won't trade the pick?

Arizona trades the pick prediction
Cincinatti Bengals.
Or Miami Dolphins
Makes me sad because it means That Rosen isn't available.
I really hope Lock falls to the 20 range and we move up.
He's my fav QB in this draft after that I'm thinking Stidham and Jackson.

Why would anybody in the top 5 come up to number 1 for Murray.

It would probably be to expensive for Anybody outside the top 5 to make the jump up.

Why would anybody in the top 5 come up to number 1 for Murray.

It would probably be to expensive for Anybody outside the top 5 to make the jump up.

It would probably cost Oakland their three firsts. The Giants their two firsts and a future first or second. It starts getting prohibitive after that. But remember, teams don’t need to trade up to 1, just up to three to be sure of Kyler which is why Oakland would probably need to go up to one.

I doubt anyone would move to 1 when the Niners and Jets are also aggressively shopping their picks. It's going to be about getting in front of the Raiders. The Niners might end up trading with the Raiders and ending up with the same player they'd pick at 2. The Raiders have a lot of draft capital and 4 to 2 probably won't cost them more than a 2, because the Giants will likely balk at the price to move from 6 to 2.

I have a feeling that most Pats fans will come away fuming at the emphasis on OL and LB.

One thing I've been noticing is the drop of Mack Wilson on many boards. If the Pats grabbed him in the 2nd, I'd be in a good mood.

I think he has promise although I admit to not studying him closely.

I think Murray's a better Tyrod Taylor. I think that makes him a good quarterback, but I rate Taylor higher than most. I don't see, say, Nick Foles and Tyrod Taylor and Marcus Mariota as players with a lot between them, and I think Murray's a bit better than those guys. But I don't think he'll ever be in the conversation for a top-5 QB in the league. He's not Russell Wilson, and I worry that if things start to go south in his NFL career - injuries, benchings, all the kinds of stuff rookie quarterbacks deal with naturally even when they're supremely talented - his dad will have him heading to spring training.

Keep in mind I loved Johnny Manziel. I thought Manziel was better than Murray. Similar players on the field though Manziel was talent in its rawest form, but wildly different makeups. I'm not a big "leadership" guy but not sure Murray has it. Those Big 12 guys don't play against defenses. Alabama killed Murray, whereas Manziel did well against them. He's not Mahomes, Mahomes is a big kid with a cannon. He had an arm you could hang your hat on. Murray you're hanging it on athleticism, but I'd have taken Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, and Allen over him last year. Even Jackson was probably more pro-ready.

And if he goes to Oakland he's ****ed. Gruden will ruin him and the A's are right there.

Last edited:
I think Murray's a better Tyrod Taylor. I think that makes him a good quarterback, but I rate Taylor higher than most. I don't see, say, Nick Foles and Tyrod Taylor and Marcus Mariota as players with a lot between them, and I think Murray's a bit better than those guys. But I don't think he'll ever be in the conversation for a top-5 QB in the league. He's not Russell Wilson, and I worry that if things start to go south in his NFL career - injuries, benchings, all the kinds of stuff rookie quarterbacks deal with naturally even when they're supremely talented - his dad will have him heading to spring training. Keep in mind I loved Johnny Manziel. I thought Manziel was better than Murray. Similar players on the field though Manziel was talent in its rawest form, but wildly different makeups. I'm not a big "leadership" guy but not sure Murray has it.

And if he goes to Oakland he's ****ed. Gruden will ruin him and the A's are right there.

Is gruden looking for the same type qb he had in Oakland back in the early 2000’s? Rich Gannon or something of another. I think we drafted that guy to play dB.

Not sure Murray is that guy!

Is gruden looking for the same type qb he had in Oakland back in the early 2000’s? Rich Gannon or something of another. I think we drafted that guy to play dB.

Not sure Murray is that guy!

Gruden loves Russell Wilson, so I'd imagine he's looking for someone similar. The comparisons are all there but I don't think they're the same guy. Wilson's a passer and he's solid. Murray likes to run and he's so tiny that he's going to get hurt. He's got the RG3 body type but he's half a foot shorter.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back